Vredestein Ultrac

The Vredestein Ultrac is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Ultrac Cento

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 169,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Vredestein Ultrac
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Vredestein Ultrac
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Ultrac. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Ultrac Review

Given 27% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 35,000 spirited miles
despite being described as tyres for performance cars, these are suited to granny's fiesta and nothing else. they have no form of sidewall and the stability is appauling, and the lack of feel unbelieveable.

i had bridgestone potenzas before these which although fast wearing did give a good drive. These are the worst tyres i have ever purchased by a long way, avoid them at all costs!
3 - tyre reviewed on November 21, 2008

Latest Vredestein Ultrac Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Ultrac tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ultrac.

Given 37% while driving a Mercedes Benz E220Cdi (225/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 10,000 easy going miles
I put a pair on the front of my Mercedes.
I'm a pensioner, and drive rather conservatively.
Firstly, I thought they rail-lined a lot.
Slightly noisier than previous brands.
The grip seems no better or worse than most.
My gripe is how short they lasted.
It failed the MoT today on both front tyres being worn down in places.
I assumed it would sale through, as I've only had 'em about 10000 miles in Cornish weather.
Not for me I'm afraid.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2015
Given 83% while driving a Skoda Yeti (225/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 35,000 easy going miles
Perfectly acceptable tyre BUT it is noisy, is prone to punctures (the tread pattern seems to collect nails etc) and not particularly comfortable. It is very hard wearing though.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 22, 2012
Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Touran sport TDi (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
Excellent tyre never let me down,dry or wet .Lasted in excess of 35,000 miles
0 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2010
Given 87% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.9TDi Sport Estate (Chipped) (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
A great all round tyre with a fantastic, eye catching tread pattern. Been very impressed with their wet weather performance on motorways, instilling confidence even in the heaviest Swedish downpours.

Would certainly buy these again, HOWEVER there is a catch! Vredestein (in their wisdom) have STOPPED MANUFACTURING THE ULTRAC MODEL! I found this out last week when I got a side wall puncture (unrepairable) and have been trying every avenue to get a new one.

If anyone from Vredestein reads this, please go back into production with the ULTRAC, they are much better than your Sessanta model!!
0 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2010