Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme

Show all: Vredestein tyres, Passenger Car Winter Ultra High Performance tyres
The Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 51 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 555,719 miles driven.

Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme

87%

92%

Tyre Test Results:

Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme Reviews

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z4 (225-45-17-)
A very quiet winter tyre, even if runflat. On my BMW Z4 they are predictable, on dry road very grippy, quick and precise. Excellent on wet too. They grip very good and provide always an excellent traction and have no slip. On snow they give the best and they go on where other cars have to mount chaines. This is the second winter, and they will stay a third too. Very good wear. An excellent winter tire, godd on dry and wet roads too. I recomend and love this tyres. Absolutely good price for this performance.
tyre reviewed on February 22, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Evoque (225-45-20-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Great winter tyre does more than you expect and quiet too
tyre reviewed on February 7, 2015
Looking to buy the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme? Click here to search for the best price for the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme or any other tyre.

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Navara 2.5tdi (225-45-17-)
Wearing theme in a Navara 2.5td, I can say that this Tyre is excellent. I don't know how many kilometers are on theme because they where on my Navara when I bought it one year ago. Although that this is a type of Tyre I would never choose because is a winter Tyre and I originated in Greece (my car was imported from Belgium), I have to submit that I was really surprised.
Excellent grip on dry and wet. On the highway very steadily even with 180km/h and no noise at all. Never test theme on snow but on icy road pretty slippery (I think on icy road the only solution is studded tires). But the big surprise came when I went of road (not very extreme) with another 20 vehicles. I had the highest degree of difficulty comparing the Tyres of the rest vehicles and I never stuck. Even on mud terrain (with no high gradient).
I highly recommend them for someone who drive fast and wants sometimes to go of road.
Now I am ready to replace theme and decided to purchase for Michelin Latitude Cross
tyre reviewed on January 4, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 42,000 easy going miles
An excellent winter tyre. I've driven mine on many track and poor quality roads in the Highlands of Scotland and they handle everything I've thrown at them. 42,000 miles out a set is superb!
tyre reviewed on December 24, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz ML (255-50-19-V)
Driving on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Excellent winter tyre, a little noisy as you would expect from a winter tyre and not the cheapest but they grip very well especially in winter conditions, I have yet to try them out in the snow but in the mud they will get you out of trouble.
tyre reviewed on December 18, 2014
Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo XC90 2.5t AWD VOR (235-60-18-H)
Driving on mostly town for 500 spirited miles
Just purchased few days ago and for wear I cant fill stars.
First I must inform you that I buy allways Pirelli Scorpion for my
XC90 2.5T for winter and summer and I like it so much no noise at all
at high speeds ect. but price is around 280 Eur one pcs.
For Serbian bad holes full roads its crazy to buy again so expensive
tires especially in winter time where no one care for big holes in streets,
channels and bumpy roads with high shoulders very sharp edges...
I buy a little bit cheaper tire Vredestein and I like it first days.
Soon I will come back to make better review but for first days Im
happy with tracking and rain streets even if tire was marked as not so
good on rain - its not true at all with so heavy Volvo XC90.
Waiting snow tomorrow yeeeeeeeeee. Yes I reccomend to buy this tire not bcs.
its cheaper not at all but for this money you will get very good winter tires. Regards from Serbia and Slovenian Alps soon full of snow. GO to snow on Kranjska Gora with Vredestein 4 Xtreme and you will love it. Branko
tyre reviewed on December 9, 2014
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Ford S Max Titanium X Sport (245-40-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
never had winter tyres so thought I'd give them a try and was amazed when the snow came in 2012/2013 never got stuck when others did, will say not that great in the wet but the snow and slush is where they perform.
I mad a point in driving to Manchester over snake pass in heavy snow and was even able to overtake.
car is S max ecoboost with 250bhp so in the dry the tyres do kick the traction control in so not as good as summer tyres.
this year of 2014 / 2015 ive fitted Michelin alpine 3.
tyre reviewed on November 21, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CL500 (255-45-18-V)
Driving on mostly town for 25,000 spirited miles
Mercedes are notoriously poor performers in cold weather conditions, I was introduced to this tyre eight years ago and after speaking with Vredestein tech boys, decided to run them all year. What a move! The tyre is a real performer all year, solid in the rain and when there's snow on the ground, you wouldn't know it, I have a reasonable incline on my driveway which, without these tyres, I cannot climb without totally clearing. My wife has an E320 Estate which are also fitted with Wintrac Extreme's and again drives like a front wheel drive in the winter. If there is a downside, I wouldnt give it the full monty (ie.5.5l full throttle on the bends) in summer time, so as long as you're not a boy racer, and want a Merc to have grip in the winter, fantastic tyre!!!!
tyre reviewed on September 29, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225-45-17-)
I've now done 3 winters with these (about 25K miles) & there's still at least 3mm tread left -amazing! They grip well in the dry & wet, but are truly amazing in snow & icy conditions. They're more economical than the Dunlop Sport 01 summers that I have also been running (came with the car)& are quieter too. They're about the same as the Goodyear efficient grip performance that have just replaced the Dunlops. Oh, & the icing on the cake is they were cheaper than most other premium tyres, although as I'm now searching again as it's getting near to renewal time, there doesn' seem to be so much difference. Great tyre even so.
tyre reviewed on August 6, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Chrysler 300C Hemi Touring (225-60-18-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 12,000 easy going miles
Purchased car with tyres fitted on her.
Superb in winter condition. Left them for summer as were 3-4mm tread left on them.
Suprisingly good on dry road. Obviously slighlty noisier and not so much responsive as summer ones but over all very good tyre.
Not so sure about the price tag. Circa £150 a corner is loads of money.
tyre reviewed on May 4, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: