Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme

Show all: Vredestein tyres, Passenger Car Winter Ultra High Performance tyres
The Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 43 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 458,219 miles driven.

Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme

87%

87%

93%

Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme Reviews

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225-45-17-)
I've now done 3 winters with these (about 25K miles) & there's still at least 3mm tread left -amazing! They grip well in the dry & wet, but are truly amazing in snow & icy conditions. They're more economical than the Dunlop Sport 01 summers that I have also been running (came with the car)& are quieter too. They're about the same as the Goodyear efficient grip performance that have just replaced the Dunlops. Oh, & the icing on the cake is they were cheaper than most other premium tyres, although as I'm now searching again as it's getting near to renewal time, there doesn' seem to be so much difference. Great tyre even so.
tyre reviewed on August 6, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Chrysler 300C Hemi Touring (225-60-18-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 12,000 easy going miles
Purchased car with tyres fitted on her.
Superb in winter condition. Left them for summer as were 3-4mm tread left on them.
Suprisingly good on dry road. Obviously slighlty noisier and not so much responsive as summer ones but over all very good tyre.
Not so sure about the price tag. Circa £150 a corner is loads of money.
tyre reviewed on May 4, 2014
Looking to buy the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme? Click here to search for the best price for the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme or any other tyre.

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus CC (225-40-18-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on April 28, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo MiTo (215-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
After t omany years getting stuck in snow i bit the bullet and bought a pair fo the fron of the car. What a lowsey winter it turned out in the end, far to wamr and wet for my Wintrac Exteme's.
What I would say though when the Temp was low enough and even when it was very wet the tyres were very sure on the road and felt very safe. I did push the tyres a bit in different conditions to see how the felt, it was very noticble as the temps got nearer double digits that the grip went away.
When taking the tyres off I was very surprised with the lack of wear with the warmer temps we had.
The Mechanic said at that rate I should get 4-5 seasons from them.
tyre reviewed on April 2, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Touareg (255-55-18-V)
Driving on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on March 7, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 37,000 easy going miles
37,000 miles (59,500km) driven on these. Very good in all respects. Good grip in snow, quite, good wear and ok in warmer dry conditions too.
tyre reviewed on March 3, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Honda Civic Hatchback (225-45-17-V)
Perfect tyres!! I have used and I'm using them through the Alps during this winter. In the first 1000/2000 miles the fuel consumption is a bit higher than normal, but then it stabilizes. Great comfort and very quiet. The traction on snow and ice is perfect. It seems you are driving during the summer. Best snow tyres I have ever bought!!
tyre reviewed on February 27, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z4 (225-45-17-)
Very good/enough grip for a normal drive style on wet and dry roads. Many tests say that they are not champions in the rain, but I have to say, that I don't have had any problem with aquaplaning or in heavy rain. I'm very satisfied. In the snow they are plenty of grip and traction. Wher other people were mounting snow chains, my Z4 was still running without difficulties. Starting in the snow is not a problem too. Very good product, quiet and comfortable on bumpy roads. Strongly recommended. (sorry for my english :-)
tyre reviewed on December 27, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A8 (255-40-19-W)
I recomend this tyres! very good tyres.
tyre reviewed on December 9, 2013
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Audi RS4 Quattro (255-35-19-W)
I have these fitted to my RS4, and I get so much driver confidence from these tyres which is vital for a car with so much performance. They just assist the 4WD to grip beyond expectations even when the roads are a bit icy you get confidence and grip with a great progressive feel.

I fully recommend these tyres for winter months as they are comfortable, wear is good and fairly quiet so they are easy to live with. (I can't comment on MPG as I only get 19-26 MPG anyway...)

Bad bits:
They could do with being a bit more precise on steering, but I've overlook this as the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Verdict:
What can I say, these tyres are amazing in the snow/ice and when the weather gets cold. I'd even consider leaving them on all year round, if I didn't already have a set of summer tyres as they suit 95% of my driving all year.
tyre reviewed on December 3, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: