Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme

Progressiveness 78%
Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme

The Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 56 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 592,719 miles driven.

205/55 R16 £86.30 - £90.70 (4 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £76.56 - £202.42 (14 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/40 R18 £166.64 - £166.64 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>
235/35 R19 £140.20 - £153.44 (2 prices) Compare Prices >>

Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme Reviews

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Audi Q3 (215-65-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
superb in snow and ice circa -2degs-4degs C . in the lake district . gives total confidence and tractability . no problems with grip even on steep down gradiuents . Will buy again the same or equivalent when necessary . Equally impressive on normal dry/ wet roads above o degs too. Went for new small wheels ; 16 inch with 215 , 65 ,16inch H speed on on audi Q3 quattro . Exellent ride quality .mike m.
tyre reviewed on February 4, 2016
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen mk7 Golf GTD (225-45-17-)
These are the second set of Vredestein winter tyres after I had a set of snowtrac 3s a couple of years ago. I've only had a couple of weeks worth of driving in the snow with them but they are an excellent tyre for those conditions. Car behaves well, pulls well and stops well. I've never once gotten stuck even in relatively deep snow. In normal road conditions they behave almost as well as the Bridgestones I use in summer, not quite as good in fast flowing corners but you'd have to go some to get them to break traction. For someone who is looking for a set of winter tyres that are good in the snow and good in average road conditions I would recommend these tyres. Wear is pretty decent I've used them for over 12k miles and wear is barely 2mm across all four tyres.
tyre reviewed on September 17, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Freelander 2 (235-55-19-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
I fitted these to my Freelander 2 Just before winter and grip in cold/icy/snowy conditions is exceptional. I have kept them in on in the summer and you would never know they are winter tyres. Not done enough miles yet, but they look like they aren't wearing overly fast either! However Fuel economy has taken a hit. They are a good 10% down over Continental cross contact UHP's. It might not sound like much, but on a run I used to get 43mpg and now get 38mpg and it adds up. That said, come the winter they are exceptional.
tyre reviewed on September 11, 2015
Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZT 260 (235-40-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
First winter tyres I'd ever used. Very good in the snow on my MG ZT V8.Very good in the wet too.
However all four tyres have now split on the inside walls - they are dated 2010.
tyre reviewed on May 8, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota RAV4 (225-45-17-)
great tyres. had 4 of those for the last 4 winters on my RAV4 SUV and they are in excellent shape. highly recommended.
tyre reviewed on March 7, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z4 (225-45-17-)
A very quiet winter tyre, even if runflat. On my BMW Z4 they are predictable, on dry road very grippy, quick and precise. Excellent on wet too. They grip very good and provide always an excellent traction and have no slip. On snow they give the best and they go on where other cars have to mount chaines. This is the second winter, and they will stay a third too. Very good wear. An excellent winter tire, godd on dry and wet roads too. I recomend and love this tyres. Absolutely good price for this performance.
tyre reviewed on February 22, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Evoque (225-45-20-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Great winter tyre does more than you expect and quiet too
tyre reviewed on February 7, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Navara 2.5tdi (225-45-17-)
Wearing theme in a Navara 2.5td, I can say that this Tyre is excellent. I don't know how many kilometers are on theme because they where on my Navara when I bought it one year ago. Although that this is a type of Tyre I would never choose because is a winter Tyre and I originated in Greece (my car was imported from Belgium), I have to submit that I was really surprised.
Excellent grip on dry and wet. On the highway very steadily even with 180km/h and no noise at all. Never test theme on snow but on icy road pretty slippery (I think on icy road the only solution is studded tires). But the big surprise came when I went of road (not very extreme) with another 20 vehicles. I had the highest degree of difficulty comparing the Tyres of the rest vehicles and I never stuck. Even on mud terrain (with no high gradient).
I highly recommend them for someone who drive fast and wants sometimes to go of road.
Now I am ready to replace theme and decided to purchase for Michelin Latitude Cross
tyre reviewed on January 4, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 42,000 easy going miles
An excellent winter tyre. I've driven mine on many track and poor quality roads in the Highlands of Scotland and they handle everything I've thrown at them. 42,000 miles out a set is superb!
tyre reviewed on December 24, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz ML (255-50-19-V)
Driving on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Excellent winter tyre, a little noisy as you would expect from a winter tyre and not the cheapest but they grip very well especially in winter conditions, I have yet to try them out in the snow but in the mud they will get you out of trouble.
tyre reviewed on December 18, 2014