Wanli S1088

Wanli S1088

The Wanli S1088 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 73 tyre reviews averaging 40% over 599,689 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Wanli S1088
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Wanli S1088
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Wanli S1088. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Wanli S1088 Review

BMW 325ci M Sport convertible (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Looooooool at all the comments on here regarding these tyres. So so true, all of them. After fitting these I thought I had wheel bearing issues on the rear, but I now know this is the noise coming from the tyres. Grip in the wet is non-existant!!!! You have to really change the limitations the car would usually have (tone it right down). I put these on the rear of a 325ci M-Sport with a manual gearbox. Never again will i compromise to save a few quid. Its made my car feel cheap and dirty. Ive seen christmas tree lights flicker less than my DSC indicator light with this black Sh*t wrapped around the rims. Avoid Avoid Avoid
7 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2013

Latest Wanli S1088 Reviews

Have you driven on the Wanli S1088 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the S1088.

Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet Malibu LTZ (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
Put these on 2014 Malibu ltz the worst mistake I could have ever made.road noise unreal can not enjoy talk radio at all. Have been ok on wet road better than some .money wise not this brand never again. My car I loved and now not sure. Overall a 4.5 these tires
0 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2017
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E320 CDI (225/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 8,000 easy going miles
I am using these on my e class at rear axle hoping they would wear quicker as the noise is unbearable. They were at front initially but i couldnt stand the noise and moved them to back so they get worn quicker. Traction light is kicking in on wet but on dry it seems to be gripping ok. These are definitely not a comfort tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2017
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Dodge SRT4 Neon (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
This tire sucks, it grips just as a regular tire, and on rain, oh god, they really suck, no grip at all, even with the road partially wet you would fucking slide even on a low speed turn. please don't buy this crap, invest on a toyo, or a better tire.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 22, 2016
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
Fitting on front. Road Noise UNBEARABLE due to "stepping" on tyre. This is where the leading edge of the tyre raises and causes a loud buzz. The noise gets louder and more intrusive the smoother the road surface.

Then realised this is exactly what I fitted to my wife's car several years ago and had to replace due to noise

The only tyres I have felt the need to complain about after 30 years driving. Have fitted cheap before but none like this
NEVER FIT THESE
0 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2016
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 700 spirited miles
Bought a second hand fiesta 1.4 tdci with four of these on, pretty much brand new. I noticed them straight away for there sporty looks so decided to google them. Panic time....nothing but horrendous reviews...cheap Chinese tyres. After twenty odd years of riding motorbikes and having an intimate understanding of the importance of tyres... Things didn't look good. That said I had come across these sort if reviews before when trying to source affordable bike tyre(£160 a time for rears every 2-3 months), and found out there is far too much of a..."if its Chinese its crap" attitude out there....and took the very long and expensive route finding out this isn't necessarily true.
I work nights and drive 15-18k miles a year in four wheeled vehicles and have gotten quite used to 4am fun on wet roads. So what to do? Lets have some 4am fun with these tyres before I pay out for a set of none Chinese replacements.
First thing I noticed, as I said was the tread pattern....something a little sporty.
Second was the noise.....yep just as all the reviews say these things are loud, sounds like you're running knobblies or that a wheel bearing has gone...thanks to google I knew not to get the bearings changed...plus you can hear the tyre noise change as you turn the wheel.
Next and way before I let my 8 year old son get in the car I need to find out just how dangerous these tyres are......so four weeks later and several hundred miles in the dry, damp and soaking wet and many 4am circuit's of my local roundabout i can honestly say......these tyres will be staying on the car and when they need replacing I will be buying exactly the same. I have pushed my little car way beyond "normal driving" to find a reason to justify changing these tyres, and they have handled everything I've thrown at them. Ex army, advance, evasive/defensive driver trained and more than happy to keep these shoes on my little fiesta!!! New tyres at part worn prices....all that remains is to see how long they last.

1CG