Wanli S1088

Show all: Wanli tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Wanli S1088 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 59 tyre reviews averaging 39% over 532,305 miles driven.

Wanli S1088

57%

35%

26%

Wanli S1088 Reviews

Given 34% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy 250S wagon (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 500 average miles
I've just bought a 2001 Subaru Legacy with 3x of these tyres on it. The two on the back whine like crazy. I didn't believe it was the tyres to start with so had the diff replaced and a wheel bearing replaced too but later found it was the rear tyres.

The humming noise would start at 30kph all the way to 100kph and would fill the whole cabin with noise. Checking the tyres over, it's like they have feathered tread, one tread patch is sitting higher than the next part.

Would never buy these tyres, I have 1x Bridgestone Dayton DT30 (near new) on the front so am replacing the other three with the Dayton's to give me some piece of mind even though the rears have heaps of tread still.
tyre reviewed on December 26, 2013
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 325ci M-Sport convertible (225-45-17-)
Looooooool at all the comments on here regarding these tyres. So so true, all of them. After fitting these I thought I had wheel bearing issues on the rear, but I now know this is the noise coming from the tyres. Grip in the wet is non-existant!!!! You have to really change the limitations the car would usually have (tone it right down). I put these on the rear of a 325ci M-Sport with a manual gearbox. Never again will i compromise to save a few quid. Its made my car feel cheap and dirty. Ive seen christmas tree lights flicker less than my DSC indicator light with this black Sh*t wrapped around the rims. Avoid Avoid Avoid
tyre reviewed on December 18, 2013
Looking to buy the Wanli S1088? Click here to search for the best price for the Wanli S1088 or any other tyre.

Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (225-45-17-)
Got me through an MoT at £50 each on the rear corners. After 5000 they became so noisy I thought both wheel bearings had gone - rotated to the front and found the noise (and subsequent vibration) was the tyres . Got what I paid for, fairly long lasting for super cheap cost but wear like remoulds (they're not remoulds) rubbish in wet with no grip, but alright in dry. Google them before buying.
tyre reviewed on December 5, 2013
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (205-50-17-)
Have these fitted to the rear of a Mazda 3 Sport. A bit noisy but perfectly acceptable for price paid. Wear is good and I don't understand why these get such negative reviews. Yes car can be a bit lively in wet but it's a 2l 160bhp car. Have driven for 10k and they are fine for a higher end of the budget market
tyre reviewed on November 25, 2013
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (225-45-17-)
Driving on track for 0 spirited miles
Fitted these tyres mainly for drifting. I did not expect significant performance from them but I got much more than I expected. They GRIP in dry. I have no idea how this happened but they were holding like crazy. Maybe due to high temperature. Also they last long. I have been using a pair for many many drifting laps. I think they make these out of nylon rather than rubber. Perfect choice for drifting track days. Not recommended for road use unless you drive, knowing what tyres you are using.
Don't use when wet.
Overall, I would buy them again. Easily.
tyre reviewed on November 7, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo 130 TDCi Zetec (225-45-17-)
Get you by the MOT Dont expect much else.
Poor in the wet. Car wants to understeer even driving at a modest pace. Had Toyo Proxes on before which are in a different league, so rules out a car set up issue. Under medium breaking in the wet the ABS can intervene.
In the dry they are okish, their side walls appear to be a little weak. Vibration at motorway speeds.
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2013
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Escort Mk6 (195-50-15-)
Driving on mostly town for 400 easy going miles
Bought these to get my car through it's MOT £50 each so got 2 on the front. Don't drive the car much about 4k a year if that soon as fitted vibration straight to steering wheel. Got the tyre fitter to check the balance he said that they were ok. Drove the car for a week before its MOT the car passed and with no advisories. Took the car from Liverpool to York the first time on the motorway what a nightmare from 40 to 60 mph the vibration was terrible nearly abandon my journey but the car started to run smoothly but not perfect at about 70mph. Went to another tyre fitter he just pointed a the tyres and said "you should have gone to him" basically they MOT passes thats it. I had partworns put on the front and the others put on the back. Haven't tried them in the wet yet but going round bends at moment the back end is dancing like I don't what. And after reading other stories I'll be parting them tyres very soon before the bad weather comes. Thanks everyone.
tyre reviewed on September 25, 2013
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra 1.6 SXi (205-50-16-)
right how to explain these tyres without getting this thread deleted, ok i got it, s~#t s@~t s~'t, these are the best words for these tyres. they r scary in the wet they reach their limit of adhesion quickly so the car is always twitchy even on my vauxhall astra 1.6. i even spun my car going around a roundabout at 20mph!! who ever reads these reviews and is thinking about buying these tyres or has a set on their car, please dont buy them or get them off ur car asap. yes they are cheap beyond belief but i swear they get their rubber from used durex or something coz the quality is utter appalling.

budget tyres they may be but in the long run they aint worth it, i changed all 4 tyres on my car today cost me £470 for goodyear efficient grip but i aint caring coz i know they safe!! and i value my life over my bank balance.
enough said on these rubber rings of s#'t!
tyre reviewed on September 20, 2013
Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Caddy (225-45-17-)
Terrible tyre.
I put a set on my old Passat before I sold it to my mechanic - he changed them and told me all the sidewalls were cracked and were dangerous...in the mean time I fitted another set to my next car, couple of weeks ago I noticed a 6 inch split in the sidewall, so fearing the worst, I bought a full set of Avons. While the Avons were being fitted (remember, I`d already bought the full set, so no hidden agenda), the manager at National Tyres came and told me that ALL the tyres were split.
I`ll never be buying these again.
tyre reviewed on September 4, 2013
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (205-40-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 4,000 average miles
Ok, let me start of with the quick and dirty, these tires are pretty terrible. The sidewalls are soft so you have to watch potholes. The tread pattern is not of the noise cancellation design so they are bit like running off road tires on street sounding, except not that bad to be fair.
Grip in the wet is pretty bad, my 1990 Honda Accord automatic will spin it off the line in the wet and it shouldn't really do that.
The only saving grace really should be that they UBER CHEAP to buy and the tire wear at least for my car isn't bad. Sure, if you have stance them with bad toe for alignment I'm sure they would go to shit but so would any tire.

Now here is why I kinda like these tires and would consider buying them again... My car has no horsepower and really isn't that fast and it doesn't weigh all that much... which makes this tire kinda fun. I can break it loose and it's predictable simulating a car with more power.
The noise... I kinda like it. My exhaust is something I purposely made louder too. So not bothered. My wife thinks these tires "sound aggressive" lol So road noise and cabin drone isn't my sore spot, I don't care. Mostly drown it out with mu stereo anyway.
Anywho, if you have a light weight, slow car, these tires are fine IMO.
tyre reviewed on June 8, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!