Wanli S1088

Show all: Wanli tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Wanli S1088 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 69 tyre reviews averaging 39% over 592,989 miles driven.

Wanli S1088

57%

35%

26%

Wanli S1088 Reviews

Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a BMW z3 coupe 2.8 (255-35-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 1,500 spirited miles

After first 1000kms another of the tyres created really big vertical shape anomality , which makes horrible vibration. Now these tyres are totally undrivable in normal motorway speeds not mentioning real high speeds.
Utterly devastating road noise at all speeds but will make your ears bleed at high speeds.

Dry grip is comparable to normal tires, Wet grip is poorest I have ever witnessed, and I mean slightly damp roads. It does not have to be standing water, it does not have to be raining, if asfalt is black, suicide season is immediately on! Will break loose sudden and freaky in any speed low or high when turning car whetter in roundabout or exit ramp.
It can be fun when playing with the car but it is unwanted and seriously dangerous when it happens unwanted in midcorner without provoking. When turning harder it will snap grip off when locking differential starts to limit and will brake traction on any gear when cornering and pressing throttle.

tyre reviewed on May 12, 2015
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E240 Elegance (245-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I would not normally write a review on a tyre. I find that in my normal use I have always found tyres are generally fine. The the two factors I have considered is the price and if I get a reasonable mileage from them. Ride comfort and noise have never been an issue HOWEVER these Wanli S1088s are awful! The noise is intrusive vvvv loud as described in many other posts.I can't believe it! I have had to change after only 2000 miles as I cant stand them any more. all the other reviews re horrific noise are correct.
tyre reviewed on March 10, 2015
Looking to buy the Wanli S1088? Click here to search for the best price for the Wanli S1088 or any other tyre.

Given 22% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 325ci M Sport convertible (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 20 spirited miles
I hope this helps others....Just bought a bmw 325ci M sport, which had these tyres fitted, I bought the car after having it BMW inspected, I have just driven it 20 miles from having the car delivered by a transporter, I noise from the rear was frightening, put it up on the ramp to inspect the differential and bearings, no problem there...the noise ic coming from these awful, dangerous tyres...please if you value yourself or you family do not fit these tyres...they should be banned from ever boing sold
tyre reviewed on March 7, 2015
Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (215-40-17-)
Had these tyres on a new generation Ford Fiesta. I do not understand why these are legal. In the dry they are ok, but very noisy. Do not take corners semi-fast, you will regret it. In the wet they are extremely dangerous. Everything starts to slide around, and there is no grip what so ever.
Also, they tend to leak air between the rim and the tyre bead.
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2015
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat (215-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
The tyre is ok, but that is all, not very good grip in the rain, scared my self on a few roundabouts.
tyre reviewed on October 20, 2014
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus IS 220D (245-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
Where to begin...
The noise from these tyres sounded (as other people have said) like a wheel baring on its way out. Driving with these tyres in the wet in just plain dangerous; on a rear wheel drive Lexus, the back end went on nearly every roundabout.
The only positive thing I can say about these tyres is that they took a while to wear out, it was only when they did that I realised how truly awful these tyres were, so even the fact that they wear well isn't necessarily good...
If you value your life, avoid these cheap, badly made, dangerous tyres...
tyre reviewed on September 23, 2014
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 14 spirited miles
Where to start, these tyres are simply the some of the worst tyres I have ever had on any of my cars. A mechanic came with me when I was buying my Audi 2.0 TDI and after he drove it told me a wheel bearing was gone. Turns out it was the tyres not the a wheel bearing(tyres were 1 week old). The noise is unbelievable starting at 35kph all the way to 100kph but even after 100kph its loud. As the tyres were new and the grip was ok(below average) in the wet I couldn't justify buying new tires so I did 14,000 miles on them. Almost every passanger I have had in my car askes me what the noise is. I would not recommend these tyres. Currently there is no wet breaking legal limit set for tyres that are allowed to be sold in Ireland or the UK. Im am sure these are below average and not far off dangerous. These tyres are best avoided at almost all costs. Hope this review helps
tyre reviewed on September 22, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 150 average miles
I bought a Rover 75 SE Conn. and brought it back to the dealership the next day thinking that the wheel bearings had gone in all four corners. I was told that it was tyre noise and that it was a known feature with the SUNNY tyres fitted.
I was dissatisfied with this explanation,frankly not believing that it was possible for tyres to create such a racket. The dealer changed all four rims for those on another Rover and when driven the difference was amazing.
Unfortunately the rims had to be swapped back and I was left with my Sunny shod originals. I changed the tyres as soon as possible and will never have tyres on a car ever again.
tyre reviewed on August 3, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E320 CDI Sport (265-35-18-)
I cannot understand the negative comments regarding the wanly/sunny tyres I use both of these on my 3 litre merc and I find them to be good value for money. At a third of the price its excellent value. It appears a lot of comments on these review sites are copied and pasted from other posts. I have used good year eagles and experienced problems with them after 2000 miles so at 20000 miles no problems I know where my money is. I drive through the continent to Germany twice a year no problem. I really think some people need to take a look at how they drive and not knock the manufactures.
tyre reviewed on July 16, 2014
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a (225-45-17-)
Driving on for 0 miles
I bought my car and it has 2 of these tyres on the back. It's a megane the noise from the rear was just like a bearing noise. Howling away I have replaced the rear discs pads on the car thinking they were shot as the bearing is complete with the disc. Took the car out same bloody noise a took it back saying they must of over torqued the hub nut . Checked it all over it was at the right setting. The mechanic said it's your tyres I thought he was having a laugh. I have changed them since and the noise has gone. Terrible tyre.
tyre reviewed on June 10, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: