Wanli S1088

Show all: Wanli tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Wanli S1088 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 64 tyre reviews averaging 39% over 572,469 miles driven.

Wanli S1088

56%

35%

27%

Wanli S1088 Reviews

Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus IS 220D (245-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
Where to begin...
The noise from these tyres sounded (as other people have said) like a wheel baring on its way out. Driving with these tyres in the wet in just plain dangerous; on a rear wheel drive Lexus, the back end went on nearly every roundabout.
The only positive thing I can say about these tyres is that they took a while to wear out, it was only when they did that I realised how truly awful these tyres were, so even the fact that they wear well isn't necessarily good...
If you value your life, avoid these cheap, badly made, dangerous tyres...
tyre reviewed on September 23, 2014
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 14 spirited miles
Where to start, these tyres are simply the some of the worst tyres I have ever had on any of my cars. A mechanic came with me when I was buying my Audi 2.0 TDI and after he drove it told me a wheel bearing was gone. Turns out it was the tyres not the a wheel bearing(tyres were 1 week old). The noise is unbelievable starting at 35kph all the way to 100kph but even after 100kph its loud. As the tyres were new and the grip was ok(below average) in the wet I couldn't justify buying new tires so I did 14,000 miles on them. Almost every passanger I have had in my car askes me what the noise is. I would not recommend these tyres. Currently there is no wet breaking legal limit set for tyres that are allowed to be sold in Ireland or the UK. Im am sure these are below average and not far off dangerous. These tyres are best avoided at almost all costs. Hope this review helps
tyre reviewed on September 22, 2014
Looking to buy the Wanli S1088? Click here to search for the best price for the Wanli S1088 or any other tyre.

Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 150 average miles
I bought a Rover 75 SE Conn. and brought it back to the dealership the next day thinking that the wheel bearings had gone in all four corners. I was told that it was tyre noise and that it was a known feature with the SUNNY tyres fitted.
I was dissatisfied with this explanation,frankly not believing that it was possible for tyres to create such a racket. The dealer changed all four rims for those on another Rover and when driven the difference was amazing.
Unfortunately the rims had to be swapped back and I was left with my Sunny shod originals. I changed the tyres as soon as possible and will never have tyres on a car ever again.
tyre reviewed on August 3, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E320 CDI Sport (265-35-18-)
I cannot understand the negative comments regarding the wanly/sunny tyres I use both of these on my 3 litre merc and I find them to be good value for money. At a third of the price its excellent value. It appears a lot of comments on these review sites are copied and pasted from other posts. I have used good year eagles and experienced problems with them after 2000 miles so at 20000 miles no problems I know where my money is. I drive through the continent to Germany twice a year no problem. I really think some people need to take a look at how they drive and not knock the manufactures.
tyre reviewed on July 16, 2014
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a (225-45-17-)
Driving on for 0 miles
I bought my car and it has 2 of these tyres on the back. It's a megane the noise from the rear was just like a bearing noise. Howling away I have replaced the rear discs pads on the car thinking they were shot as the bearing is complete with the disc. Took the car out same bloody noise a took it back saying they must of over torqued the hub nut . Checked it all over it was at the right setting. The mechanic said it's your tyres I thought he was having a laugh. I have changed them since and the noise has gone. Terrible tyre.
tyre reviewed on June 10, 2014
Given 34% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy 250S wagon (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 500 average miles
I've just bought a 2001 Subaru Legacy with 3x of these tyres on it. The two on the back whine like crazy. I didn't believe it was the tyres to start with so had the diff replaced and a wheel bearing replaced too but later found it was the rear tyres.

The humming noise would start at 30kph all the way to 100kph and would fill the whole cabin with noise. Checking the tyres over, it's like they have feathered tread, one tread patch is sitting higher than the next part.

Would never buy these tyres, I have 1x Bridgestone Dayton DT30 (near new) on the front so am replacing the other three with the Dayton's to give me some piece of mind even though the rears have heaps of tread still.
tyre reviewed on December 26, 2013
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 325ci M-Sport convertible (225-45-17-)
Looooooool at all the comments on here regarding these tyres. So so true, all of them. After fitting these I thought I had wheel bearing issues on the rear, but I now know this is the noise coming from the tyres. Grip in the wet is non-existant!!!! You have to really change the limitations the car would usually have (tone it right down). I put these on the rear of a 325ci M-Sport with a manual gearbox. Never again will i compromise to save a few quid. Its made my car feel cheap and dirty. Ive seen christmas tree lights flicker less than my DSC indicator light with this black Sh*t wrapped around the rims. Avoid Avoid Avoid
tyre reviewed on December 18, 2013
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (225-45-17-)
Got me through an MoT at £50 each on the rear corners. After 5000 they became so noisy I thought both wheel bearings had gone - rotated to the front and found the noise (and subsequent vibration) was the tyres . Got what I paid for, fairly long lasting for super cheap cost but wear like remoulds (they're not remoulds) rubbish in wet with no grip, but alright in dry. Google them before buying.
tyre reviewed on December 5, 2013
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (205-50-17-)
Have these fitted to the rear of a Mazda 3 Sport. A bit noisy but perfectly acceptable for price paid. Wear is good and I don't understand why these get such negative reviews. Yes car can be a bit lively in wet but it's a 2l 160bhp car. Have driven for 10k and they are fine for a higher end of the budget market
tyre reviewed on November 25, 2013
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (225-45-17-)
Driving on track for 0 spirited miles
Fitted these tyres mainly for drifting. I did not expect significant performance from them but I got much more than I expected. They GRIP in dry. I have no idea how this happened but they were holding like crazy. Maybe due to high temperature. Also they last long. I have been using a pair for many many drifting laps. I think they make these out of nylon rather than rubber. Perfect choice for drifting track days. Not recommended for road use unless you drive, knowing what tyres you are using.
Don't use when wet.
Overall, I would buy them again. Easily.
tyre reviewed on November 7, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: