Westlake Radial RP18

The Westlake Radial RP18 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 71,030 miles driven.

2014 AMS Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 10th of 11 tyres

• Positive - At a low level a balanced, quiet tyre
  • Negative - Weak wet and dry performance, low-precision steering, wet roads load change sensitivity issues
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Westlake Radial RP18
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Westlake Radial RP18. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Westlake Radial RP18 Review

Given 84% while driving a Volkswagen Beetle 1200 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 4,000 spirited miles
As good as the factory continual I had on in tearms of grip but find them loud 50 km, s up , great price great grip but loud , cannot fault grip in wet and dry.
68 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2014

Latest Westlake Radial RP18 Reviews

Have you driven on the Westlake Radial RP18 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Radial RP18.

Given 97% while driving a Chevrolet Spark (185/55 R15 H) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
The best tires I ever bought... the return every penny on safety, comfort and efficiency
3 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2018
Mitsubishi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
Have had these tyres on my mitsubishi asx fronts from when I bought the car in Aug 16. Got original Yokohama aspect on rear and car is a 62 plate. Grip in the dry is pretty good. In the wet they are ok but tend to skid/ front end first on corners/roundabouts. I live on a hill and my drive is also steep onto the hill sideways. The slightest bit of hail/snow inhibits grip and the car will slide and skate like a fridge. I appreciate that they are summer tyres but would expect them to grip better in the wet. I agree with comments made about noise levels- bit loud like hail on a tin roof. I'm a little immune to it now but it was the first thing i noticed on my motorway drive home when I picked it up. They do however wear well but you have to put that into perspective with costs of better graded tyres which will cost a bit more. I previously had a mondeo and fitted michelin xclimate on them at Costco. Costly but brill. Don't think they are made for my asx car size. Looking a maxxis ap2 all seasons as a compromise for cost and safety.
8 - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2018
Ford (195/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Horrible! I will never buy Westlake tires again. They make me feel unsafe everytime I am on the road because they have no sense of grip whatsoever. On top of that, they are too noisy, even for a budget tire. It's not worth it to risk buying Westlake. I heard they partly use plastic for their tires too. Never again!
11 - tyre reviewed on September 18, 2017
Given 51% while driving a Mitsubishi mirage cyborg r (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Never again. Even if I don't have the money, I will not risk it again with these cheap and unsafe tires. They are slippery on wet road, noisy, and they wear fast. Overall, you pay for your money's worth.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2017
Given 98% while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (195/60 R15) on mostly country roads for 30 average miles
Had these fitted today, at National Tyres, I had ordered the Westlake SP06 tyres but after fitting I noticed that it was these tyres fitted, anyway they seem to be really good, they are quiet, respond well to the road, all in all a great cheap tyre.
18 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2017