Yokohama ADVAN Sport

The Yokohama ADVAN Sport is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 34 tyre reviews averaging 59% over 314,562 miles driven.

2012 Autobild 50 Tyre Braking Test - 26th of 45 tyres

2011 Autoreview Max Performance Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Quiet
  • Negative - Poor wet grip, poor wet handling, low aquaplaning resistance
  • Overall - The Yokohama Advan Sport scored similarly to the Bridgestone RE050A giving average dry performance and poor wet scores. This again raised the question as to whether the Japanese ship a different compound into Russia, or is it just one of Yokohamas flashship tyres really lags behind its competitors
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama ADVAN Sport
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Yokohama ADVAN Sport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Yokohama ADVAN Sport Review

Given 60% while driving a Suzuki Kizashi 2.4L FWD (235/45 R18) on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
These tyres have covered 33000km and are half worn, very evenly.
I have driven this car for 2000 km since buying it. The tyres have average grip in wet and dry. "Sport" is a joke. Bends I could take easily and safely in a 3.5L FWD Maxima on Goodyear Eagle F1's are now "challenging"... last week in damp, not wet, conditions I had a progressive and gentle 4 wheel slide on an urban corner at around 45 km/h which the Goodyears would take in full rain at 60km/h. I am having to relearn my braking points and speeds step by step on my daily commute. They are OK for braking both wet and dry -in a straight line- but the Kizashi's brakes are outstanding. I am no longer confident taking bends in the wet.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2015

Latest Yokohama ADVAN Sport Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama ADVAN Sport tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ADVAN Sport.

Given 42% while driving a (255/40 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Had a full set of these added to my Saab 9-5 aero 2.8 xwd replacing Michelin Pilot 3.

They have transformed the car in every way: but none positive,

Drives noisy, poor feedback, stopping in rain less good, poor feel in Corners and the real kick in teeth is the mpg has gone from 32.1 down to 29.7.

Can't comment about wear but I sort of hope they won't last to long to save my hearing.

Oh yes they are ugly too!
0 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2017
Given 59% while driving a Honda new civic tourer (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 12,000 spirited miles
The tyres are grippy enough and if you push them will give warning before letting go.

Problem is they wear quickly. My previous 2.2 Civic on a 195 Michelin energy saver tyre got 23,000 miles from fronts and the rears did 60,000 miles with 4.5mm remaining. The fronts on this are down to 2mm in 12,000 miles and rears to 4mm. Not only is this a wider tyre than the last Civic its got 30bhp less so I would expect better life not worse.

I won't buy again
1 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2016
These tyres have covered 33000km and are half worn, very evenly.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2015