Yokohama BluEarth AE50

The Yokohama BluEarth AE50 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 22 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 152,360 miles driven.

2019 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 10 tyres

• Positive - A well balanced tyre, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Reduced aquaplaning resistance.

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 22nd of 47 tyres

2016 AutoBild Summer Tyre Test - 12th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Low wear, good handling on dry roads, high level of comfort, best value for money
  • Negative - Low resistance to aquaplaning, poor grip and tendency to understeer in the wet
  • Overall - Satisfactory
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama BluEarth AE50

Questions and Answers for the Yokohama BluEarth AE50

2019-06-09 - What is the Temperature rating for AE50.. Is it A or B

Sorry, we don't have data on the temperature ratings of the tyres.

Top Yokohama BluEarth AE50 Review

Given 97% while driving a Mazda RX8 (225/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 600 average miles
Had Autogrip (4 years old though) when I bought the car, they were terrible in the wet and I had to crawl around at low speed . Replaced all four with AE50, what a difference ! These tyres are fantastic for normal day to day driving even in wet weather.
260 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2016

Latest Yokohama BluEarth AE50 Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama BluEarth AE50 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the BluEarth AE50.

Given 69% while driving a Honda Civic 1.5T (235/40 R18) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
Noise getting louder after time.
Overall not bad.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2019
Given 20% while driving a Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2012 (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
It’s a cheap Japanese tyre but not really worth. The poor handling, and wet grip of the tyres had me changed out just after 5000km of usage. I couldn’t accept the fact that it have such a poor grip on wet weather condition, which caused the tyre to drift out of the lane and I was lucky not to caught up with other car.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 4, 2019
Nissan (205/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
I only used AE50 about 5000km yet into my Nissan E-power Nismo but I think AE50 are nice tyres low noice and with smart grip on the road wet and dry and I believe that these tyres are fuel efficient also and my staering wheel is much more comfortable than before, I believe in Yokohama products
2 - tyre reviewed on July 28, 2019
Given 69% while driving a (205/50 R16) on for 0 miles
Nice AE50, I have rotation tires every 10k km, current near 90k km & not much heavy noise.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 21, 2019
Given 20% while driving a Nissan LEAF Tekna (205/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 22,000 easy going miles
These lasted 22000 miles on my Nissan leaf.
I now have 2mm tread on all four tyres, except front passenger side which is down to 1.6mm.
Leaf does have design flaw that causes excess tyre wear due to misaligned rear axle that cant be adjusted.
Anyway I think these tyres are not great and so I have decided to go for bridgestone T005 as replacement as these last well on my petrol car.
I cant comment on grip handling etc as those are subjective opinion and I think affected by many factors, I can only judge wear as this is measured regularly in a scientific way.
4 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2018