Yokohama Geolandar G98A

The Yokohama Geolandar G98A is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 61% over 179,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Yokohama Geolandar G98A
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama Geolandar G98A
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Yokohama Geolandar G98A. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Yokohama Geolandar G98A Review

Given 96% while driving a Subaru Outback (225/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
Current set have done 33000 miles with normal and motorway driving - still 6mm left.
48 - tyre reviewed on July 14, 2015

Latest Yokohama Geolandar G98A Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama Geolandar G98A tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Geolandar G98A.

Given 76% while driving a Mazda CX8 (225/65 R17) on mostly country roads for 7,000 spirited miles
Fitted to Mazda CX8 as their OEM tyre in New Zealand. Good grip and feed back through steering, sure footed in both wet and dry conditions with my driving being mostly open road on hilly twisting roads around the coast line. Recommend
0 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Mazda cx5 (225/55 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 19,000 easy going miles
They spend very fast 31000 Kms: 3mm front axle, 2,5mm rear axle.
Good grip in dry, in wet at 20000 Kkms passing through a small puddle at 90 Kms / h the rear wheels slid sideways.
I would not buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2018
Given 73% while driving a Mazda cx5 (225/65 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 23,000 average miles
I got the car with this tyres, at 30.000km. They were OEM issue. The thread was ~3.5mm when I got the car, so on it's end of their life. After 7k km, they got down to 2-2.5mm. I drove with them either fast and slow, on various roads, highways and country roads. In general, they acted fine, pretty grippy for a worn down tire, quite difficult to make burnouts if you wanted.
Only issue I observed was in moderate and heavy rain, the car would became unstable and the tires would slip to left and right at over 80km/h on the motorway (although I was the fastest driver around :) ). So not that safe in this regard, although we could attribute this bad performance to the lack of remaining thread.
The noise level was ok, nothing to write home about. I just took the car with them, maybe I was used to that specific noise of the car. The wear is fine from my point of view, 35-40k km from a pair of tires is more than adequate.
As comparison, on a Civic, a high performance tire as Goodyear F1 Eagle Asymmetric 2 would worn almost completely in 20-25k kms.
Unfortunately, in the CX-5 size, 225/65R17 there are not many performance tires to chose from, so I find the Geolandars G98A perfectly adequate for the job, and I would happily get them again.

This one being a company lease car, they replaced them with Bridgestone Ecopia EP850, as the programme is arranged. I just drove 15km with the new Bridgestones, so not enough to get an opinion, but I kind of already miss the Geolandars. With the Bridgestones I can break traction at each start from the stoplights, a thing that would be hardly achievable in the Geolandars. Maybe they are new, I'll give them time to settle in.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2017
Given 44% while driving a Honda CRV (225/65 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 10,000 easy going miles
Quiet but very very stiff ride...

You can feel the slightest road bump. Don't buy as you will regret it.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2017