Yokohama S Drive

The Yokohama S Drive is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 60 tyre reviews averaging 73% over 575,003 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Yokohama S Drive
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama S Drive
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Yokohama S Drive. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Yokohama S Drive Review

Given 76% while driving a Subaru MY01 Impreza WRX Wagon (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
25000 miles at my Impreza WRX Wagon.

Replace by hardcore Advan AD08s due to budget as a better alternative as S-Drives are not so harsh to my ride. 25000 miles or two and half years of usage with about half tread depth of around 5mm.

Sidewall not as hard as AD08 for sure, so it is the ultimate dry grip, It is a little bit overpriced in Hong Kong, despite the fact that S-Drive made in Japan.

To moderator, may I hereby advise to re-classify S-Drive to High Performance / Ultra High Performance Summer Tyres. As official Yokohama category.
112 - tyre reviewed on April 4, 2016

Latest Yokohama S Drive Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama S Drive tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the S Drive.

Given 79% while driving a Suzuki swift sport (195/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
When I purchased my 2014 Swift Sport it had mismatched tyres front and rear (Falken on the front and Continentals on the rear) and in the summer months it felt OK, but quickly began to feel a bit too unsure in the wetter months. In early 2018 I changed to the S.Drives all round and quickly noticed an improvement in the handling, particularly in front end bite. With an electric steering set-up the car isn't exactly buzzing with feedback, but you felt the confidence to lean more on the fronts during turn-in. Rear end stability is much improved, and now it's only really standing water or uneven surfaces that cause the back to skip slightly. Even so, when it does, the S.Drive feels a really progressive tyre. Wear appears to be pretty good, the last 2,000 miles has seen a change in commute to a couple of B roads and I do lean on the car quite a bit. So to see decent tread depth still and little sign of edge wearing is a positive. Overall, I'd definitely buy these again rather than pay more for the Continental option.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2019