Yokohama W drive V905

Yokohama W drive V905 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 87% while driving a Audi A7 3.0TDi Auto (255/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 36,500 spirited miles
bought mine in winter 2014:
witer 2014: 16 400km
winter 2015: 15 500km
winter 2016: 14 574km
winter 2017: 11 331km
total km: 57 805km; total miles: 36 500miles
And they stilll could go one season if necessary!
Great tires, quiet and great grip on highways. Felt very comfortable driving. Highly Recomend!
4 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2018
Toyota Verso 1.6 D4 D mpv (225/65 R16) on a combination of roads for 4,000 easy going miles
Two winters on these W Drive tyres now. No problems in the snows of winter 2017-18 in a pennine area with gradients and with a steep driveway too. Plenty of grip. Car always feels planted and solid in cornering. Very good wet and slushy braking characteristics. Slightly more noisy than summer Bridgestones in the dry. Definitely would buy again.
5 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2018
Given 94% while driving a Honda CIVIC 1.6 VTEC (195/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 18 average miles
Very balanced tyres with good handling in all winter conditions like snow and wet. Very comfortable and silent. I used the tyres for 3 winter seasons and also in third season I was able to drive normally in all conditions. Deifinitely recommended!
7 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Mazda 6 (225/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Very good in snow - steep hills no problem, traction control light didn't even flicker. A bit noisy at 70mph but comfortable ride. Survived a pothole that wrote off the tyre and wheel of a folliowing car.
8 - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Kia Motors ceed (195/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
I 've driven these tyres for 5 months now, I can say I am very satisfied. Grip at low temparatures in dry is excellent (under 5'C) In the snow showd no problems, in deep fresh snow (10cm) I drove like I had 4x4.... On icy roads was very good, ofcourse you have to have feeling for the limit, no tyre can save you from losing grip on ice.....overall very satisfied...definitely recommend them....they were a bargain 42€/tyre in my country. Only negative Is noise level....i dont mind it, but some may get frustrated 😃
13 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2017
Given 94% while driving a BMW 320 d (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Bought this tires for my BMW E90 320d and i was very supprised of the tyre grip on all road conditions. I had a chance to try them on heavy snow and the performance was suprisingly good for a RWD. The only not so good thing is the noise. Aldo it is expected to be louder than the summer tyre this yokohama tyre is louder than i expected. Not that it botherd to me but i have to mention it. I would definitly recomend this tires.
13 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2016
Given 71% while driving a Subaru Forester (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Tire feels nice on dry roads and in fresh snow. Wet grip should be better, but at least you get good feedback when aqua planning will start.
71 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2016
Given 69% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (205/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 8,420 spirited miles
Wet: A bit weak in aquaplaning, but many winter tyres do have that. The grip on wet roads is surprising good for a Yokohama tyre. It´s not compareable to my summer tyres P Zero, but still good. The biggest difference is the V905 loose it´s grip earlier but you feel how fast you can go, It´s not an tyre that surprise you like "Oh that was much to fast", it will be not a problem for an average driver

Dry: According to an review from ADAC magazine it´s the best winter tyre on wet roads. I agree a lot, but not complete. It´s good and a s far the temperature is below 15° celsius it´s nice to drive, but I drove on an other Focus MK3 the Michelin A4 which was more progressive on dry roads.

Snow: There were only some days I have to drive in snow, the V905 did manage it also in difficult road conditions. To start in snow causes no problems, braking is good but could be better. The weak point on my FWD is cornering in snow. The V905 react nervous, I had to correct the direction harder and more often as with tyres like Michelin A4, Dunlop Winter Response, Fulda Montero 2. No rrecommendation for inexperienced drivers.

Comfort: The tyre is noisy and harsh, even for an winter tyre. ot a problem for me, but it means a lot if I feel it so obvious.

Wear: I drove about 8400 miles in the past two winters, I think I can drive it the next two winters without problem, think 10000 miles are possible.

Other thoughts: I´m not sure, but the tire tread looks like the lamellars aren´t that deep; maybe the performance in the snow will be very poor if the thread is below 5mm

Conclusion: Overall it´s an tyre without highlights. On the other hands it have only one low, it´s nervous on snow. It´s still not bad but it could be better.
I bought it because I was curious how good are asian winter tyres 2dy, my last japanese winter tyres were Toyo Snowprox S940 which were really good in all conditions, but it was long time ago.

So I can´t recommend the V905 to the average driver, because I miss the highlights, it´s an average tyre, it´s not a must buy.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2016
Given 76% while driving a Fiat Punto Evo 1.4 Natural Power (185/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
This set of tires lasted three winters on my Fiat Punto Natural Power.
Not bad at all, good in dry and wet conditions. Excellent in the snow !
These are winter tyres and not for aggressive driving, but they manage well at high speed and under hard braking.
Maybe they have a little bit too soft compound, but it's ok, because are designed for winter conditions.
Good deal, I will probably fit again new set of these next winter.
5 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2016