Accelera PHI R

The Accelera PHI R is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Accelera PHI

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 106,352 miles driven.

2020 Tyre Market Overview Braking Test - 49th of 49 tyres

235/50 R18 101Y   E C 72 12.00kgs
255/35 R19 96Y   E C 72 12.00kgs
255/35 R20 97Y   E C 72 12.00kgs
245/40 R20 99Y   E C 72 12.00kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Accelera PHI R. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Accelera PHI R Review

Given 86% while driving a Peugeot 405 (205/60 R14 H) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
these are the best tires for my budget
Comfortable, good handling, good dry grip, and i cant hear any noise, and surely buy again.
57 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2018

Latest Accelera PHI R Reviews

Have you driven on the Accelera PHI R tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Accelera PHI R? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Accelera PHI R >>

Given 65% while driving a Mazda CX 3 (215/50 R18) on a combination of roads for 350 average miles
Pretty good for a budget tyres. Comfort & silence. However, still early to judge. Only been using about 500 km. But my 1st impression for these tyres are not bad.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2020
Given 97% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 50,000 average miles
This Tyre is making a very good job
0 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2020
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 93% while driving a (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
Very good tire for the mid price
1 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2020
Skoda (205/45 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 2 easy going miles
My Skoda Fabia 1.9tdi was bought second hand eight months ago and came with these tyres fitted to the front.
I thought they were ok. However, I recently noticed some cracks begining to appear in the sidewalls and decided to keep an eye on them. A short while after, while carrying out a front brake inspection, I was shocked to find a deep crack all the way around the inner sidewall of one of the tyres. The other tyre just had a small (3cm long) crack in the outer sidewall. Strangely, I am unable to find a date stamp on them, but from what I can see in the cars service history, I believe they were fitted in 2017. 4mm of tread remain so in theory there should have been plenty of life left in them. Although only one tyre was badly affected I felt I couldn't risk the other tyre failing, so have had both tyres replaced with a different make. Coincidently, the tyre fitter said he had exactly the same problem with these tyres on his own vehicle after just a year. The company refunded his money.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2019
Given 43% while driving a Skoda Superb MK3 (2015 Present) (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
I bought my car with these tyres fitted. The first thing I noticed was juddering from the tyres at speeds between 70 and 80, really inconvenient for motorway journeys. Had the balance and tracking checked but no improvement, it seems that the tread design on these tyres contributes to the effect.
The next thing I noticed, when trying to turn from a junction, on an incline, in damp conditions, was that the performance in the wet is shockingly bad. Lots of spinning, a bit of squealing but precious little forward motion. This was confirmed when having to brake more heavily than usual on the approach to a roundabout in the rain. The tyres had virtually no grip, causing the car to slide even with ABS activating. It is possible to drive more cautiously in the wet, as I'm sure some readers will suggest, but there is always the risk of having to brake unexpectedly and I would not trust these tyres to keep me safe.
I will be replacing them with something more dependable just as soon as I can afford to.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2019