Accelera PHI

Accelera PHI Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Mercedes Benz C63 AMG (255/30 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
These were fitted all round on my C63 AMG when I bought it. Obviously the previous owner was running a sports car on a sportshoe wage. Acceptable in moderate dry road use but in the wet they became a joke. As soon as the road gets damp/wet you may as have 4 blocks of ice on your rims. Break traction at every turn and the worst was the back end breaking traction on the motorway at 70mph during an overtake in the outside lane, luckily traction was on semi otherwise I'd have lost the car at speed. If you are lucky enough to own a RWD car with 480BHP then do not scrimp on tyres. Avoid
0 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2020
Given 69% while driving a BMW 335d (235/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I have these on the front of a BMW 335D M Sport, fitted by a previous owner. I'm really surprised at how OK these tyres are, considering they are budgets. They grip surprisingly well in the wet, no nasty surprises. Dry grip is fine. They wear very well. You can tell they're a harder compound tyre through the steering, but overall they don't feel too bad. I personally wouldn't put them on the back of my car as it's running 592lb/ft of torque, so you need the best tyres to put the power down, but for the fronts they're perfectly acceptable. These are probably the best budget tyres I've tried.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2020
Given 31% while driving a Jaguar F Type (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 miles
I bought the car with these tyres fitted. Not great in the dry, but shocking if it rains. They have worn really quickly. I’m off to buy much better tyres. These tyres are horrific, I really do not recommend them.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2020
Given 20% while driving a Lexus ISF (225/40 R19) on mostly country roads for 800 spirited miles
These tyres were fitted on the front by the dealer to my car when I bought them. They are atrocious and should not be on any high performance car. When going for a spirited drive last week I could feel this pushing on very early. There was little feel through the steering either of what they were doing. The cornering limits are very low. I also noticed considerable aquaplaning on a very wet day this week.

I will be taking these off with the full thread depth still on them. Fine for driving around town. If you go over 50mph you will want something much better and safer.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2020
Given 44% while driving a Audi A6 Avant 2.7Tdi Quattro S Line (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I first review these tyres on 21/09/2015.

A friend of mine bought some new tyres and had these junk tyres fitted for a whopping £65 a corner. So I thought I’d update this.

I said that they were well priced however unsafe for wet roads, eg the UK. I mentioned you can loose control at sharp B road bends at 40mph in the wet.

Some Fool with a BMW wrote a review with my review in mind, he couldn’t understand how grip can be lost at 40mph. Well, I guess if he can’t understand that then nobody can help him.

Anyhow, I noticed these tyres were reviewed recently compared to other UHP tyres and surprise, surprise. The Wet grip is atrocious and the tester had only words of condemnation for this tyre.

Buy a Barum B5 or a Debica UHP Presto, they cost about the same and are far more better if your after budget tyres.

Don’t listen to any reviewers writing about how these tyres are good on the Wet etc, they don’t know what there talking about, they could review a wooden wheel and blab on about how comfortable they are.

Accelera PHI - Load of rubbish
3 - tyre reviewed on December 9, 2019
Given 35% while driving a Mercedes Benz s320 cdi (275/40 R19) on mostly motorways for 21,000 average miles
This tyre is hopeless in the wet and no grip around corners ..almost dangerous. Wouldn't buy it again.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2019
Given 19% while driving a BMW X5 E53 3.0d (285/45 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
Bought my X5 with these tyres on the rears with 6mm of tread. Had never heard of them before and on my cars I always fit Continental Rainsport 3s wherever possible with their outstanding grip, wet or dry.
I've done 4,000 miles now and the tread is down to 3mm already so not at all long lasting. In the dry they are reasonable but pushing on at a roundabout and the rear never seems planted.
However, in the wet it is a different story. They are absolutely lethal with virtually no grip even on a moderately wet surface. Taking a mini roundabout at 15mph and the back end slid across the road no problem at all. White van man behind had to take avoiding action.
Fitting Avon ZX7s shortly.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2019
Given 47% while driving a BMW M3 (255/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
These are the tyres on the courtesy wheels put on my 2001 M3 whilst my own wheels are refurbed. They are fine in the dry, but in the wet they are lethal. Even in the damp. They have absolutely no business on a powerful car, or a car that you want to go round a corner on wet roads without taking a chunk out of the nearest kerb or ditch. In the wet an oiltanker has a shorter stopping distance. These are grade A ditchfinders and they are quite simply dangerous.
7 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2019
Given 54% while driving a Suzuki Swift (185/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I drive a 2017 Suzuki Swift RS (ZC13S) My driving style is a mix of decent and aggressive. Roads here (Sri Lanka) are bad. just bad. I had to replace 2 tyres as my front OEM Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 got damaged sidewalls (my fault, drove with low air pressure). The Accelera PHI-R were the only tyres available at that time in the nearest tyre shop.
Dry grip is decent and ride is definitely softer than Ecopias. In average speeds they perform well but tend to squeal under hard cornering and feedback is low. Turn-in is not very sharp and under-steers if pushed too hard. Wet grip is decent but I would not recommend driving hard in the rain. Cannot predict when they would give out. Tyre noise is less than the ecopias as well.
They seem to be durable as after 15,000KM the thread depth maybe 50% remaining. But would not buy again. Good for people looking for a budget tyre to drive decently. Do not buy If you drive hard.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2019