Achilles Winter 101 X

The Achilles Winter 101 X is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 2 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 7,500 miles driven.

2018 Auto Bild Winter SUV / 4x4 Tyre Test - 8th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Balance performance, very well priced.
  • Negative - Understeer in the wet, slow steering, high rolling resistance.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Achilles Winter 101 X
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Achilles Winter 101 X. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Achilles Winter 101 X Review

Given 89% while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK5 1.6 FSI (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 5,000 easy going miles
I purchased these tires for the cheap price. I wanted to go to the mountains in safety, and enjoy some snow. I could appreciate these tires on snowy surfaces, even late at night when the snow threatened to freeze. The traction is extraordinary, and the feedback gives a feeling of security. I was worried about the official reviews, because of the poor performance in the wet, but even in this case Achilles does not disappoint. The wear of the tread is very low, confort is great, and stability on the dry is always guaranteed. I am sincerely satisfied and recommend it to those who do not have access to premium tires.
6 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2018

Latest Achilles Winter 101 X Reviews

Have you driven on the Achilles Winter 101 X tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Achilles Winter 101 X? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Achilles Winter 101 X >>

Given 90% while driving a SEAT 1.4 TSI (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,500 spirited miles
I picked up my car in January which came with summer tyres so I figured I would buy a cheap winter set to survive on until spring. I rolled out of the dealers' into 25cm snow and although I felt immediately that these tyres are good. I had good control over the car taking the circumstances into consideration. Previously I had a premium set of tyres on my previous car and difference is huge. The first thing I noticed is that they were very silent compared to the winter tyres I was used to and the ride was very comfortable. On my first drive, I tried to go up on a steep hill covered in fresh snow (to my parent's house as I bought the car in my hometown) and although I failed to go up completely, there was a good amount of grip in the snow for a while. I didn't give more tries with more momentum as it was a brand new car, so I parked on the side of the road in deep snow. Hours later I had no difficulties to get going, although I parked in 20-25cm snow. The handling is just perfect for my taste, not squishy in the corners, but still soft enough to feel the grip. I just love these, they are amazing so far. Will update my review later on, when they ran more kilometers.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2019
6 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2018
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!

See all 2 customer reviews of the Achilles Winter 101 X (newest first) >>