Altenzo Sports Comforter

The Altenzo Sports Comforter is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Altenzo Sports Comforter +

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 304,718 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Altenzo Sports Comforter
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Altenzo Sports Comforter

Questions and Answers for the Altenzo Sports Comforter

2018-09-09 - I just bought a new set of Altenzo tyres and I changed the rims as well. I fitted them on a Toyota Vitz. I just drove them for only a few kilometres. I am just being used to them since the other tyres and rims were standard. But I noticed some difference in these tyres. I dont know if I'm feeling right but Im feeling a bit of trembling when I reach 60 km onwards. Could it be the traction the tyre offers?

It is likely the wheel isn't balanced properly. Take it back to the fitting garage and ask them to rebalance the wheel and tyre.

Top Altenzo Sports Comforter Review

Given 87% while driving a Holden commodore (235/40 R18) on mostly town for 50,000 average miles
I've been using these tyres in New Zealand. Mild weather, never too cold (not less than 0c) never too hot (not more than 35c).
I have them on a 152KW RWD 1500+KG sedan.
They are averaging 60,000km's per set.
These tyres behave themselves quite nicely on my family car. I can 'set them loose' if I choose to.
However as I'm married with a family I generally don't.
However on the odd occasion I have been known to get aggressive especially with some idiots on New Zealand's roads, these tyres have never let me down.
I'm on my 2nd set & I'll be going back for a 3rd set. So that should explain what I think of them, price for value they are great.
94 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2016

Latest Altenzo Sports Comforter Reviews

Have you driven on the Altenzo Sports Comforter tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Altenzo Sports Comforter? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Altenzo Sports Comforter >>

Given 84% while driving a Acura TSX (225/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,500 spirited miles
Put these on to replace Pilot Sport A/S 3's. These were fresh tires (manufacture Feb 2020, installed Aug 2020) and they perform well for the couple thousand km I've put on them. The tread is soft and the pattern is not aggressive so the noise levels are very low and the ride comfort is exceptional. This could also be because they are freshly manufactured. Steering response is good, but the sidewalls are a lot softer than the PS A/S3. Good for comfort, bad for handling and steering response. Still, it's a good trade-off for me. Grip levels are not at the level of the Michelins when new, but are far better than the 5 yr old worn Michelins, obviously. No noticeable wear yet. I got these, including installation, balancing, and HST (tax) for C$400 in 225/50R17. The PS A/S3's would cost about 3x. So for the price it's a no-brainer if you want to save a few bucks. Most of the performance for 30% of the price. Obviously the comparison isn't perfectly fair since these are Summer-only vs the Michelins being All-seasons, but I would never drive the PS A/S3s in winter. I tried it once and it was suicidal - they might as well call that one a summer tire, too.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2020
Given 73% while driving a Honda Accord Tourer (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
Got these tyres cheap(half the price) in start of 2018(on tyre sidewall it sayed 4017 so fresh tyre) first summer season i was amazed of the grip level. I have quite long hard right turn in my daily road, where speed limit is set 70km/h, but even going much faster that than- i could push the car hard and it still wouldnt even sqeek. Second year the same corner tyres performed also good, but on daly basis i could feel that they dont grip as well as they did, also in hard rain and standing water i could def feel the difference as it was much easyer to aquaplane on highway speeds that prev. year. On start of third year and about 5mm thread left, when i placed them on i noticed that there where littlebit chunks biten off side and middle blocks, not too much to get worried, so drove them hard because i knew that probably this was the last season for them. They got decent grip(didnt slide at all in good weather) but in previous mentoned turn they started to sqeek and even car started to wobble and i wasnt that comfortable anymore to drive that turn that hard... No complains in the feedback section, it was good in all years and i didnt notice any bad feedback. When i turned the wheel, car went that way... no matter the speed. Today as my yearly car inspection is coming this week, i looked at them measured about 3.6mm of thread left on all of them but also on all of them bitten chunks got much bigger i wasnt comfortable for highway safety(and that i would pass inspection) so i swapped them. And because of the bitten chunks i got different brand and not the same. Oh and lastly i will add - i unsuccesfully turned on a curbe and damaged one tyre side wall, not too deep and tyre fold wasn't seen. So drove them like that last 5k km with regular checks and no bump or lump on the tyre occured. So structurally it was good construction tyre. Note i swapped on season basis back to front and back. i drive around 17-20k km yearly. For the half price i got them (35/piece) i consider them a good buy. But for full price score would be lover for this tyre. Overall if you can get them cheap, as i did, i would recommend them. As i have no big complains driving them for 3 summer seasons even when i pushed them hard i was comfortable of my safety.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2020
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
Given 81% while driving a Volkswagen (B8) 1.4 TSI (150 Hp) DSG ACT (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles

Hello.

I installed this product on my passat b8 chassis.

more than 40,000 km of experience with the pirelli centauro p7 tire.

Compared to the p7, it provides a better grip, reflects the impacts with less noise and is priced at 3/1 in my country!

I can't see any competitors at the moment and I would recommend them to everyone.
15 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Honda Accord Euro (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 50,000 average miles
For the price, I can not think of a better tyre. Just replaced a set after 70000kms and without any hesitation got another.
Highly recommended.
33 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2018
Given 96% while driving a Honda 2009 (245/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 11,000 spirited miles
It is great tire for the price, good all-rounder. Dry grip is excellent. Wet grip is very good as well, maybe only Michelin would be better on wet road from my experience. Wear rate is adequate i would say. And ride comfort is really good. Again, Michelin maybe is a bit better. Really good choice and i will probably buy again.
14 - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2018