Avon ZV5

Avon ZV5 Reviews (newest first) - Page 5

Given 78% while driving a Volvo V50 estate (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
Just had these fitted to my volvo v50 so i carn't comment on wear but the grip in dry and wet weather is very good the car feels very stable when cornoring. very pleased with them so far and they are very quiet too.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2013
Given 60% while driving a Ford MONDEO (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
Fitted tyres March 8 2013. Mondeo Ghia X 2005 Estate. Covered 13000 miles. Tread on front tyres O/S/F down to 2mm from 8 N/S/F down to 4mm. rears 8mm no change in depth from new???
Very noisy tyre and in damp conditions starting from stop at junctions can experience wheel spin definately not using excessive acceleration.
Certainly WILL NOT buy again.
I have just fitted my Continental WinterContac TS830P tyres and will stay on these winter & summer. Find these Continentals 3 tyres which I have driven on for 36000 are far superior.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2013
Given 91% while driving a Honda CIVIC CDTI (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
These are my second set for my Honda Civic, I have had the well known problem of stepped tyres on my 2008 Civic on premium tyres such as Bridgestone's affecting the rears.
Previously, I would be lucky to get between 6,000 and 9,000 miles from these premium tyres which was very upsetting for the cash flow.
My Avon ZV5's have just passed 15,000 before needing replacing and I could have got a few more hundred miles out of them to be fair.
Excellent tyre and will continue to fit them to my Honda.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2013
Given 89% while driving a Vauxhall Vectra V6 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
It may be early days but I have just put my second Avon ZV5 on my V6 Vectra SRi. It has replaced a budget tyre that was about 12 months and worn out well beyond the legal limit, whilst the Avon ZV5 on the other wheel looked as good as new. Now having Avons on both front wheels the ride is softer and quieter. I don't push the car to it's limits but it does feel very stable in corners, and probably due to having new grip (and not one slick) it turns in much more cleanly without any scuffing. Great price, good life, quiet and plenty of grip, thumbs up.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 19, 2013
Given 79% while driving a Volkswagen GTi Mk6 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
These tyres were fitted to the car when I bought it about 5 months ago. My thoughts were that as soon as I had bought the car, I would change the tyres for some premium ones, as I don't like the thought of scrimping on the only part of the car that makes contact with the road. After driving the car for a while my thoughts changed, I have to admit the tyres are very good. Grip is very good, even when pushed quite hard on the bends. Noise levels are also good, quieter than a lot of tyres I have had fitted to other cars. My only reservation would be with regards to wear, the rear tyres have not worn significantly yet, but I can't see the front tyres lasting much more than 10,000 miles.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2013
Given 86% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 2.2 TiD Linear Estate (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 21,000 easy going miles
Replaced unevenly worn Goodyear on the rear which had reached 20Kmiles. Have now done 21K miles on the ZV5 and there is still just under 5mm left. Haven't pushed hard enough to give more stars for grip but so far, through sun, rain and snow, they have performed well, remaining quiet and so far even-wearing - not quite as quiet as the soft Goodyear. Discounts on the Avons seem to be good so don't compare till you have checked. So far, I am really pleased with this UK made tyre - yes there still seems to be manufacturing in the UK!
0 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2013
Given 91% while driving a Volvo 480 Celebration 2.0 (185/55 R15) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
I've had these tyres on my little Volvo on all corners for quite a while now and overall I'm very impressed with them.

The grip is fantastic in the dry and too the wet, you can hardly notice the difference between a damp road and a dry one until you hit a puddle then the car does twitch slightly. Even the traction on snow is mighty impressive if you're sensible.

The feedback from them is great, giving you loads of confidence to really push the car into the corners with no fear of it suddenly letting go.

With the 5-6000 miles I've done with them so far they don't seem to have worn at all.

They aren't the quietest tyres in the world but then they aren't exactly loud either, just pretty average from my experience!

My experience with these on my 480 mean that I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy these again, highly recommended for the price!
0 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2013
Given 61% while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (195/65 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
These were fitted on the front of my car to replace worn Cooper Zeon XTCs, and was dissapointed. The wet was more of a bother. There were some junctions in the wet getting away from was a nightmare and you just got wheel spin- and im not 'concrete right foot' or a boy racer but you need the confidence there to know you'll be safe. The Avons did wear very well. Dont remember them being too noisy.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 16, 2013
Given 47% while driving a Honda Integra R DC5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Had these on for less than a week and took them off. Had Kumho Ecsta Le Sport XL on before and found these a big downgrade. Found I had more brake travel and took away the confidence the Kuhmo's gave.The sidewall looks a bit crap too. Upgraded to Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's,even better than the Kumho's
0 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2013
Given 92% while driving a BMW 520d (225/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Fitted these three to my BMW 520D and am really impressed. Road holding is great and there is really good steering feedback through the bends. Turn in is crisp and the tyres really impart a sense of safety.

Grip is good in both wet and dry conditions and I am pleased to report that road noise is very quiet indeed.
Ride is very comfortable as well. Overall this is a very good quality tyre that matches the characteristics of my BMW very well. Good value as well with 50% off second tyre deals available in the high st.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2013