Avon ZV7

Avon ZV7 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 94% while driving a Renault Clio 172 (195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
The huge plus points are wear rate & price.
Fitted as a set of 4, I rotated the tyres front to back at 15k miles, when the fronts had worn to 5mm of tread remaining, and the rears still had 7mm. I am expecting to get 30k miles out the set at £136 for all 4 tyres.
Dry and wet grip is very acceptable when you take the wear rate into consideration.
I have used Michelin PS3`s & Uniroyal Rainsport 3`s prior to the ZV7`s, and whilst the Avons do not match these for ultimate grip, left on the same axle, the front PS3`S are worn out at 8k miles, & the RS3`s at 5k miles.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 160 (215/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 24,454 spirited miles
Not bad at all if u do say so myself Great dry grip in cornering and is strong in braking performance. Wet weather is a much the same and can really stick it in on the corners but sadly bought new tyres continental premium contact 5’s which were a big mistake
1 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2020
Given 88% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Coupe Facelift W207 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
£250 for 4 tyres all in fitted at ATS ( £50 off offer) convinced me.
A -rated in the wet and British made. Grip well in the wet, handling very predictable, quiet ride - absorb bumps in the road well. Dry rating very good. I had Goodyear Eagles on before which gave slightly better grip, more precise handling but made the suspension feel harder - presumably thicker sidewalls - but they cost £400 a set. I drive a 2013 diesel E class coupe, I want tyres which grip, handle and give a comfortable ride. For the price these tyres bridge the choice between premium brands at £400 a set (minimum!) and Ting Tong rubber at £200 a set. Pay a bit extra for a decent British tyre that is almost as good as the premium brands. Will feedback on longevity at a later date - the Goodyear’s lasted 20k which was impressive.
5 - tyre reviewed on November 28, 2019
Given 50% while driving a CitroŽn C4 Grand Picasso (215/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 12,000 easy going miles
Wore out after 12000 miles would not buy again
0 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2019
Given 54% while driving a Ford Fiesta (195/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Bought these for the front of my 08 tdi fiesta 1.6.
On the 5 April covered 7000 miles since then. Went back to get two rear last Friday 20th September, and was told that I needed two front also..even wear across tyre, just wore out...
69 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Volvo V40 D4 Cross Country (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Had new set of 4 ZV7 to replace set of Continentals. Instantly noticed better handling in dry and in particular in heavy rain. They are more responsive on tight cornering also much quieter on road noise. Have not had them long enough to give opinion on wear. But they were recommended to me by friend who got 29,000 miles return from his set and replaced with new set of ZX7. But the best part is they are British made, and buying them is supporting British jobs.
6 - tyre reviewed on July 21, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Ford Mondeo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Fitted a new set of these tyres to my Mondeo 2.5 v6 in early 2017 and have done about 18,000 miles since. Wear - They are just about due for changing on the front but I can't complain at all about the wear as I tend to be a little more heavy footed. Back ones have around 1/2 left.
Handling - Amazing, the turn in is so direct and they grip all day long. In the wet they are fantastic, never had wheel spin or lack of grip even with the high power through the front wheels.
Noise - Well as far as i can say they're pretty much silent, I never hear any tyre roar.
Value for money - Spot on, can't complain when I paid £70 a corner at the time.
All weather - ironically i managed to get up a slope to my house in light snow no problem at all! I'm not for one minute saying they're winter tyres but they got me a small incline from flat standstill!
In the wet, I've read these tyres aren't quite up to the mark but in reality (certainly on my car) they are fantastic and you even feel the confidence through the wheel that they will grip exceptionally through sharp turns and when braking.
Performance off the line - I had some poor landsails on before and the difference was astonishing when I changed, the car felt so much more agile through bends and responsive. Excellent.

Overall I would 100% recommend these tyres and having experienced 'premium' tyres such as Continental or Pirelli, would say the price upgrade is not worth considering as they perform just as well in all conditions.
3 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2019
Alfa Romeo (225/45 R17 W) on for 500 miles
Only 500 miles so far but accurate turn in quiet ride and fuel consumption the same as for previous Pirelli P7 Cints. Driven on dry roads and in heavy rain and they give confidence when pushing in. Will no more about higher speed roadholding and wear as time goes on.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Volvo V50 estate (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 4,500 average miles
These tyres are very good performing as I would have expected from past experience.
However the tyres I have fitted to my Volvo have only covered 4500 miles and all 4 have around 7mm of tread left so loads of life in them. Except that all four tyres are cracking at the base of the treads. The sort of quality I would not expect unless they were Chinese obscure branded D rated rubbish.

Not happy at all that I now have to look for new tyres which will not be Avons.

Check yours they could be the same. Mine have two different date numbers on but these relate manufacture within a few weeks of fitting.
14 - tyre reviewed on June 1, 2019
Given 88% while driving a Audi A4 2.8 quattro (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These are the best all round tyres I have had on my Audi. They are not ultimate performance tyres, but I didnt buy them for racing. I live in the wilds of Somerset and much of my driving is on little muddy twisty lanes, with some fast A roads and the occasional motorway blast.
I chose them because I know Avon has good pedigree, they seemed like really good price - not much more than horrid budget brands - and because the tread pattern looks to be chunky and rugged. And it is, if anything more so than the pictures show. This I think is important as they have to deal with all kinds of terrain on my car.
I fitted them last year and they were quiet and comfortable in the hot remainder of summer, surefooted in the rain, and just incredible in the recent snow. My back lane had about a foot of snow, and the car turned out of its parking space and just drove down the lane without slipping at all.
I cannot comment on wear yet as they are still quite new to me.
I usually drive on Conti Premium Contact and I reckon these are as good - certainly for my purposes and I would buy them again.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2019