Avon ZZ3

Avon ZZ3 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 80% while driving a CitroŽn DS3 THP 150 (205/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Done over 500 miles and for the price they are a good tyre. Good amount of grip in the dry and they are fine in the wet (So far) I do lots of mixed driving and the wear rate is excellent
0 - tyre reviewed on July 29, 2018
Given 64% while driving a BMW 520i (225/60 R15 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
These were initially very good and provided good grip on wet/dry. After around 5000miles the noise started to increase but the performance remained. I have driven on different road conditions and the tyre kept up very well. I have used Michelins, Bridgestone & Pirellis prior. They are still better as I bought this due to unavailability of those at the time of purchase.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2017
Given 74% while driving a (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
I have these on a 600 kg kit car no problems on the road but no use on track days saying that they are not designed for that
0 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2016
Given 84% while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 28,000 spirited miles
Wow. These were great tyres . Lasted 28k miles. Were as good as the Pirelli's I have right now. I know that they have replaced the ZZ3 with the ZZ5 and I've already got a pair in the rear.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 15, 2016
Given 76% while driving a SEAT Leon 140PD (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
Had these on the front of my Mk2 Leon, lasted for two years before they were at the legal tread limit, the sidewalls had started to crack by this point so they last well in that perspevtive and are grippy in the dry, bit loose in the wet for my liking. I never thrashed my car around but I did have plenty of spirited driving, and they seemed to cope well. Awful in the snow but they weren't designed for winter driving so can't moan about that.
Only negative was the sidewalls felt very soft, this may be because my Leon had a heavy TDI lump in it but when pushing the tyres to the linit round corners the sidewalls did feel like they flexed a lot, they did so progressively so nothing dangerous, just a bit too soft. Wet grip isn't great, would definitely recommend for summer tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2016
Given 64% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 Cdi Avantgarde Estate (225/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
I recently bought a Mercedes C220 estate with Avon ZZ3 on the rear. When I got on the motorway after collecting the car I thought I'd bought a lemon with a worn diff or wheel bearings. The road noise from these tyres is awful.
40 - tyre reviewed on March 17, 2015
Given 96% while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 60 average miles
Fantatastic tyres, you certainly get what you paide for. On my Megane Estate im currently on 60k miles with plenty of tread left. Previous tyres on it were factory fitted and were changed at 12K.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 2, 2014
Given 89% while driving a BMW 330 Ci Sport (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Being a bit of a petrol head and having spent 3 yrs at Kwik fit in a previous life, at 43 I consider myself to have reasonable knowledge and passion about tyre performance. I put a pair of these on the front of my 330E46 convertible last year and they've done around 8K miles. They have been more than adequate in terms of level of grip that im prepared to push it to both In the dry and on the wet.I reckon they still have a good 5mm so have lasted really well considering my work journey is 9 miles of country lanes. Problem I have is that ive just hit a bloody great big pot hole and although the tyre didn't burst (another good point) it has put a massive egg on the side wall. Problem is they don't sell them anymore so it looks like i'll have to have odd tyres on the front.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2014
Given 87% while driving a MINI Cooper S (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 14,000 spirited miles
Put these on my wife's cooper s and have been delighted with their performance both in wet and dry conditions. Used them during the winter of 2012 and they performed well in the snow
Heard they were no longer available but will look to replace them probably after 20,000 miles or earlier depending on this winters conditions . Fantastic value for money and much superior to the previous run flats
0 - tyre reviewed on August 4, 2014
Given 91% while driving a Vauxhall (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 100,000 spirited miles
I've had these on my Vectra c 3.2 GSI since almost day one. I couldn't wait for the OE Uniroyal's to wear out - road noise was unbelievably high - and changed to the Avon ZZ3. I've used them almost 100% for the last 100000 miles. I did put a set of Kenda's on when money was tight - dire, especially in the rain. Just changed to ZZ5 Avons, so good so far.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2014