Avon ZZ3

Avon ZZ3 Reviews (newest first) - Page 3

Given 89% while driving a Audi A6 (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
had these on audi A6 and wife,s slk. never had a problem. wear well and grip well. cost £62 each for 205/55/16 in wolverhampton. Bargain. I don,t over push the car at all but the slk has been pushed at times and you never have a problem in wet or dry.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2013
Given 56% while driving a Subaru legacy (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
I've usually fitted Avons to my Subarus once the Bridgestones have worn out, but I have ben very disappointed with these ZZ3's. After 15,000 miles the tyres are completely mishapen - no kerbing - just can't take the load. Net result is vibration and road noise. inspection has proven that it's all four tyres that have distorted. Now have to replace prematurely to save on dental bills - can't afford to have my filling shaken loose.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2013
Given 59% while driving a SEAT (205/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Well what can I say, expected so much more from these tyres and although my partner has done the majority of the mileage (excess of 15,000 miles in 12 months) Good grip in dry and the wet but these tyres have a tendency to go out of shape and cause horrendous (and this is no exaggeration) road noise!! Also although there has been some uneven wear (I'm not blaming the tyres on that note) the general wear rate is not as good as I was expecting and would push to get 20,000 out of the fronts on what is a light car on a relatively wide tyre...
0 - tyre reviewed on February 6, 2013
Given 93% while driving a Mazda RX8 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Loving these tyres so far, just replaced all four on my Mazda RX8. Waaaaay better in the wet then the factory tyres (Bridgestone Potenzas). i have been able to push my car way further then i was able to before. Pretty good in the snow considering the tyre they are, just road tested them with the recent white stuff, dont get me wrong they are not mucg good in the snow but i was able to move around the snobs starnded in their BMWs ha ha!
0 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2013
Given 76% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 3.2 FSI 250BHP (235/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Excellent value for money at £96 per tyre. Replaced budget Autogrip/Autoguard which have no grip at all in the wet. A little bit of road noise at Motorway speeds, but they give confidence in the wet. Recently driven in snow and they performed well. I was quoted £1200 for a set of four premium tyres at Kwik-fit and these come in at £384 for four. I will keep buying these while they are available.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2013
Given 83% while driving a BMW 320i Msport (245/35 R19 W) on mostly town for 0 spirited miles
Used the ZZ3's on my BMW 320i. Its not a high performance car but has some power behind it and being rear wheel drive its always interesting to see how different tyres react on it. I was very impressed with the ZZ3's. First of all they are cheap to buy and secondly they perform extremely well on a car with this engine size. If you're driving a smaller engine car you cant go wrong with these tyres. And if you are running upto a v6 but are on a budget, Id recommend these. Personally Id never use budget/economy tyres and these mid-range tyres are the lowest Id go to. I have used premium brands and in my opinion I havent felt much difference. I dont drive aggressively but I do get urges to put my foot down now and then and test the rubber. I never use the same tyres twice so next time I need tyres I think I will give the newer ZZ5's a go. Overall I have been satisfied with the ZZ3's and would recommend them to others on a budget.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2012
Given 76% while driving a Volvo C70 T5 GT (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Had these tyres on a c70 convertible, great tyre for low noise, softening the ride and grip levels. Only real disappointment was the feathering that happening on the tyres after only a couple of thousand miles. If you have a heavy car then your better getting reinforced tyres but for a normal road car these are excellent value for money.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2012
Given 83% while driving a MG ZR (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Brilliant tyres, can wheelspin a bit too easy in the wet
0 - tyre reviewed on October 9, 2012