Barum Bravuris 2

The Barum Bravuris 2 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Barum Bravuris

This tyre has been replaced by the Barum Bravuris 3

Tyre review data from 127 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 1,421,481 miles driven.

2013 54 Tyre Braking Test - 27th of 54 tyres

2013 Test World Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 13 tyres

• Overall - The Barum has acceptable results in the wet, thanks to its predictable reactions and balance behaviors they allow you to make a quick lap time. However, in an emergency, these tyres behave nervously and can dramatically lose traction on the rear axle. During quick maneuvers on dry pavement, the Barum respond too slowly, and the braking distance is one of the longest in the test. The Barum also gladly informs the driver of the road bumps, and they were also unable to compete with the leaders during the rolling resistance test.

2012 Auto Bild Max Performance Tyre Test - 9th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning, low rolling resistance, excellent value for money.
  • Negative - Understeer in the dry and wet, average comfort.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Barum Bravuris 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Barum Bravuris 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Barum Bravuris 2 Review

Given 26% while driving a Toyota Corolla (195/65 R15) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
I didn't want these, they came with my certified Toyota Corolla from the dealer. They have to be the worse tires I've ever had. In 2 months the tread separated on one and within the year 2 more did likewise. And the worse part is they had over 80% tread left. Since I don't know where they came from they could have been mis-rotated at some time but I actually believe they were new being on a certified car. I have one left after 2 years and maybe 7000 miles so I will never buy one again.
43 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2016

Latest Barum Bravuris 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Barum Bravuris 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Barum Bravuris 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Barum Bravuris 2 >>

Given 81% while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (205/65 R15 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
It's a great tyre, i have them form almost 15,000km now, and have most of the rubber, it's a great tyre for the price
0 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2020
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 82% while driving a Westfield sport 2000 (205/60 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Good quality mid-range tyre, I'm not sure why they seem to be so low down in some of the official tests (aside from premium manufacturers putting pressure on reviewers?) but these are perfectly good & capable tyres. I have a fairly powerful (220hp), quite heavy 6-cylinder RWD estate, with 'sports' suspension, and these suit it fine. They're grippy, the car doesn't roll as much in corners/going around roundabouts etc as it did on premium Dunlops, and the ride is smooth and quiet. I drive regularly on some rubbish rural A & B roads that always seem to have standing water and these handle 50-60mph through those with no issues. On the motorway they're very quiet and rolling resistance seems good.
This is only an initial impressions review, so I can't comment on wear- the compound appears slightly softer on just looking than some rivals, so we'll see, but for the price I doubt I'll have cause to complain.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2018
Given 77% while driving a Vauxhall insignia elite ecoflex 160 (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
This is the second time I've bought these tyres because they proved the first time to be a good alround tyre both in the wet and dry I don't do a lot of milage perhaps 2000 a year maybe less so I prefer to have a good quality mid range tyre than paying out for a named high end one and the Barum as never let me down I'm not technical minded but the Barum does what its supposed to they seems to wear well and keep you on the road so I would recommend them
2 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Ford Fiesta 2009 titanium 1.4 (195/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
After much research decided on these, fantastic grip and feedback, always feel safe, great in dry and wet conditions. Wear is fantastic, 40000 summer miles with plenty of life left in them. Once the tyres were scrubbed in, mpg rose to high 40's. Cannot recommend them high enough, I am now a fan of Barum tyres.
9 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2016