Barum Bravuris 3

The Barum Bravuris 3 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Barum Bravuris 2

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 73% over 50,005 miles driven.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 37th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Barum Bravuris 3
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Barum Bravuris 3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Barum Bravuris 3 Review

Given 83% while driving a Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I'm spectacularly fussy about my tyres - being an ex racer and track-day instructor, I shamelessly obsess over rubber, even on my road cars!

I've been running Michelin PS3's on my Porsche 911, which have been great, and so going with what I know, have been using the same tyres on my daily drive Skoda Octavia VRS for a few years now. However, if I am honest, I have not really been that impressed with them on this car....they perform fairly well, but longevity is not a strong point at all.

Coupled with the fact that the old Skoda is ageing and worth buttons these days, to spend close to another £500 on a set of Michelins again last month seemed to be a wee bit unnecessary.

So I started looking for an alternative. After a good deal of searching, reading and inviting comment on the internet and one or two specialist car forums I frequent, the Barum Bravarius 3 was mentioned more than a few times.

Digging deeper - I found that they're a 'mid-range' tyre (and NOT budget!) and come very highly recommended by people who seem to know what they're talking about, and aren't 'brand snobs' - they just appreciate performance and value, whatever the name.

I also found that Barum is a Czech company, owned by Continental. Well, my Skoda is also a Czech product, representing the thinking man's car of choice - so it seemed a good match. This was re-inforced after I looked on the Barum website and found an endorsement explaining that this tyre is recommended by them for Skoda Octavia.

So with this in mind, coupled with a price of just over 200 quid for a set of four fitted onto the Skoda's 17 inch wheels, I took the plunge.

And well....first impressions were extremely favorable. A pleasing combination of low noise, good feedback, grip and traction all round. Great so far.

But now after the first 1,000 miles - the tyres have scrubbed in and settled to the car's geometry, and I actually can't believe how good they are. I honestly don't think that they could be beaten, especially for the price, and I feel like I have 'discovered' one of those well-kept secrets that only those in the know use and appreciate...

My advice - give these a go, before the whole world catches on and the price goes up. I am sure that you won't regret it!

19 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2016

Latest Barum Bravuris 3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Barum Bravuris 3 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Barum Bravuris 3? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Barum Bravuris 3 >>

Given 83% while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
When new, the tyres made some minor whizzing noise but thereafter they have been very durable.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 2, 2020
Given 75% while driving a Ford 05 Mondeo 185 (modded) diesel (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 5 average miles
Compared to falken premium tire , it is deffinatly noisy on gravel road ,it is not a comfort tire , so how Mitch river is in a bravaris tire , PS my car is the ford focus 2 .
0 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2019
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 83% while driving a Ford Focus ST225 (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Great tyre where fitted to my focus st mk2 when I bought the car they only had 4000klm on them so I didn’t want to change straight away but intended to change , now after 5000klm I am very happy with them and will buy again fantastic value for the money
0 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Audi A8 D2 4.2 quattro (240/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
I have used Baruns for the last 60,000 miles on an Audi A8 4.2 quattro ,which replaced Dunlops at half the price and have no regrets. Also on a VW golf R32 mk 4 also 4 wheel drive and a Polo 1.6 estate.. None of these cars is driven at the limit and wear, handling and stopping have all been good enough not to warrant comment.. I have had 2 tyres replaced on the Audi for wall collapse admittedly after some severe pot holes but I do wonder if the walls are a weak spot. Will continue to fit Barums where possible.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2019
Given 33% while driving a Skoda Octavia 4x4 Hatchback (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Probably the worst tyre ever. And I am driving more than 30 years with 60000 km per year. Too many stories to tell you for these tyres. Stay away.
15 - tyre reviewed on September 10, 2016