Blacklion Champoint BU66

The Blacklion Champoint BU66 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 92% over 10,025 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Blacklion Champoint BU66
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Blacklion Champoint BU66
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Blacklion Champoint BU66. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Blacklion Champoint BU66 Review

Given 99% while driving a Jaguar XJ (X351) SWB 3.0d (245/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Superb tires! I was persuaded to go for the Blacklion Champoint by my tyre centre based on their high labelling scores, A rated grip was what I was looking for after my previous set of 'Premium' tires let me down once too often. Instant improvemnt in my grip and handling after switching. Can't recommend highly enough
80 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2019

Latest Blacklion Champoint BU66 Reviews

Have you driven on the Blacklion Champoint BU66 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Blacklion Champoint BU66? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Blacklion Champoint BU66 >>

Given 86% while driving a Audi 3,0 tdi quattro sport (255/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 20 average miles
I had four of these fitted to my Audi A5 3.0 tdi Quattro. The car I had prior to the audi was a jaguar xf that had Linglong Greenmax fitted, I thought those were outstanding value and extremely good tyres, even removing the low price. Anyhoo, when I picked up the Audi, I intended to fit the Greenmax to it as soon as I was able and as soon as beloved wifey would let me away with it. I couldn't get the Greenmax in 255/35/19 which is what was on the audi previously. So, I looked around, checked as many reviews as I could find, real reviews written by real users and not some PR bumff stuck out there to boost sales. I checked indie reviews as best I could and these popped up with starling regularity and received terrific reviews. You need to understand that these would be the first tyres I would put on the audi and with it being awd, I had to be as sure as I could be that they weren't going to help me find a ditch without the use of satnav. I bought the Audi with 77,000 on it and when It went after three years I had 116.000. Of those say 40,000 miles more than half were on the Blacklion BU66's, and I can say with my hand on my heart that they are the best tyres I have ever bought. Not the best tyres under x amount of pounds, I mean THE best tyres I have bought. 20 thousand miles and they still stuck to the road like glue, grip was fantastic in both wet and dry and 5mm left on the tread. I do a daily commute of 20 miles each way and a few miles visiting clients when I'm out and about and I had not a single issue with them and they performed admirably. The Audi went in February of this year due to various electrical faults; it was becoming a money pit, so it had to go and it was replaced by an e class cabriolet Merc. Currently they have Nexen N Blue on them and although they are in pretty good nick with 6-6.5 mm tread on them I want to replace them with the blacklions as soon as I can. The current wheels and tyres will be going on ebay as soon as the new replacements arrive and I order the tyres. I can't really say anymore other than I never got to try them in the snow, but they were great everywhere else and I felt confident that they would handle any conditions in which they found themselves. I have no hesitation in recommending Blacklion BU66's to all and sundry. I have the greatest confidence in these tyres and I look forward to getting them back on my car as soon as I can arrange it. Incidentally, I'm replacing the stock 17 inch wheels with 19's as they look better on the car, the 17's look like tesco trolley wheels. So, happy motoring especially as these put a smile on my face, nearly forgot, they were 236.00 delivered to my fitter and with fitting part of the price. 59.00 for a new tyre, valve and balancing and fitted, unbelievable. Best 236.00 I ever spent, I honestly can't fault them.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2020
Audi (255/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 5 average miles
Tried to do a lot of research for good mid-range tyres, and Blacklions kept coming up alot so did as much research as I could on them and didn't find many bad reviews, and i can see why after having them for 5 months and I do a fair few miles! In the dry they are decent, I'd say the only other tyre i had better were the Vredesteins Ultrac Sessanta and that was on a different car - same car older model - and you cant get them so easy in this size now and for the price point I paid under 300 for 4 including full tracking, bargain. There was some serious rain earlier in the year on the M25 which really tested these at about 75-80mph and how good they were in the wet was astonishing! Don't get me wrong they weren't perfect but i had more control of the car than any other tyres and its an automatic.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2020
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 95% while driving a BMW 320 d (255/35 R19 T) on mostly motorways for 2,000 spirited miles
I am fortunate to drive a f30 320d m sport that originally came with pirelle run flat tyres being 19" tyres weren't cheap..used to have e90 and e46 and used to be fond of uni royal rainsports as fantastic in the wet average to to good in dry.. Was tempted to buy them until I did some research in to blacklion and bu66 Non run flats, rating for wet for A which is great for the price and in the dry its better than the rain sports 3 I used to have. Paid 250 fitted for all 4 new tyres absolute great value for money the uniroyals would have cost me 440 and the pirellis 600.. The BU66 performs well low road noise great grip in wet better than the pirellis I had! I would say in wet the uni royals were 10 and these are a 9. In the dry they outperform uniroyal and just as good as the pirellis the bu66 are very smooth tyres and I have thrown the car in to bends and it grips. My car is stage 1 running 220bhp with 430nm and in wry with traction off it puts it down Remember cheap doesn't always mean poor quality will leave another review once they worn to see how many miles I've got. Also what help me buy was going on blacklions website itll answer all your concerns. Not much reviews online about the tyre so I thought I'd leave it definatly worth the money
3 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Suzuki Vitara 2015> (215/55 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
only done 2000mls,but so far tyres appear to be doing more than adqeuate job.they feel safe and secure.React well to emergency braking.Overall pretty good,but time will tell.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2020
Given 100% while driving a Mitsubishi EVO 8 (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Hi
This Tyre is fantastic I had before hankook rd3 and Pirelli Nero Blacklion is better and for the price it is unbelievable I will for buy it again
0 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2020