Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22

The Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 is a Extreme Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

The development of the S22 was driven by a determination to add excellent wet performance to the outstanding dry grip for which the Battlax Hypersport was already renowned. There was also increased focus on contact feel and cornering, allowing riders to experience the full extent of their bike’s performance on the road. Test results demonstrate the all-round improvements with 15% faster cornering in dry conditions, 1.2% faster lap times in dry conditions and 5% faster lap times in wet conditions when compared directly to the S21.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S21

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 6,600 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 Review

Given 70% while driving a (225/45 R17) on for 2,100 miles
I have had S20 + S21's in the past, before trying Pirelli Diablo Rosso III's
Went back to Bridgestone with the S22 as saw the improvements advertised
Having only done 2,100 miles they have flat spotted on the rear, which I think is poor, compared to what was advertised
Everything else about the tyre is superb, in terms of dry and wet grip and the feel from the tyres.
Although no better than the Pirelli's
So I will go back to Pirelli for the longevity
27 - tyre reviewed on November 10, 2019

Latest Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 >>

Given 90% while driving a Triumph 2019 Speed Triple RS (190/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
On my first front, about half worn, and halfway through two rears. These tyres are exceptional. I got a good way into the rear tyre before needing a new rear to ensure I could complete a long touring ride in Tasmania. The front barely showed wear by the 2000km mark and the rear was about 1/3rd worn, so the rear was replaced and the first one kept for later. The new rear and semi used front were taken to tassie for a week of heavy abuse. Only one slightly wet day, where the tyres performed ok. Theyre a little greasy in the wet, but Im not hugely experienced in wet riding so my comments shouldnt be given much weight in that regard. In the dry, these tyres are amazing. The front is super communicative and very confident. Ive never been able to scrub in tyres as quickly as I can on these s22's. The bike initially had pirelli supercorsa P2's on it and these tyres are very comparible, the level of available grip and feel is very similar. I think the rear on the pirelli was superior, though it did wear out in 4000km for me, the pirelli front was quite good, but not quite the confident feel the bridgy had, and the pirelli was significantly thinner. My pirelli front lasted 4600km. In australia, I was quoted $100 more for the set of pirellis than the s22's. Ill be sticking with the bridgestones for the foreseeable future, Im wrapped in them. I expect to get near 6000km out of the rear and likely two rears to one front. For the money, theyre a damn hard tyre to go past.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2020
Given 98% while driving a Suzuki GSXR 1000 K6 (190/55 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
The S22s stick like the proverbial to a blanket on my favourite twisty roads. The front in particular is hilariously good. You can really lean on it and it lets you push your limits in confidence. The precision with which they follow a line in corners is also a standout feature.

The S22s recently won the road/track tyre test in German bike magazine, beating the top contenders from Michelin, Pirelli and Dunlop. It’s easy to see why. They are a superb choice for fast road riding.
6 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2020
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 70% while driving a (225/45 R17) on for 2,100 miles
I have had S20 + S21's in the past, before trying Pirelli Diablo Rosso III's
Went back to Bridgestone with the S22 as saw the improvements advertised
Although no better than the Pirelli's
So I will go back to Pirelli for the longevity
27 - tyre reviewed on November 10, 2019

See all 3 customer reviews of the Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 (newest first) >>