Bridgestone DriveGuard

Bridgestone DriveGuard Reviews (newest first) - Page 2

Audi (215/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 6,250 average miles
recently fitted on a Audi A4 1.8T quattro. With amost 3,500 km on a monthly basis ( 10,000 km tll now) most of them on the national highway E95 of Greece I am extremely satisfied. ESP is enabled very rarely.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2018
Given 85% while driving a Honda Civic Type S 2.2 i CDTi (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
I fitted 4 of these tyres to my Civic.e fairly good considering they were Run Continentals were fairly good considering they were Runflats but the improvement is night and day. the Bridgestone Driveguards are 100% better.
I always stuggled with runflats for this particular model of car, the ride on the standard Type S civic is rather hard and a little thrashy, when combined with runflats this made the ride even more harsh and thrashy. Combined with the fact that the civic uses unsually high tyre pressures (33psi) runflats can be bit of a chore to drive on. When I changed to the driveguards it made the car a real pleasure to drive on again. Road noise was noticeably reduced, the wet grip is so much better than the Continentals. There is no more tramlining, the car feels so much better under heavy breaking and on the motorway the car no longer drones along. I think Runflat technology has really matured now. This is the first set of runflats that are as good if not a little better than premium standard tyres. I'm not saying that they are track day tyres or racing tyres but for a good mix of spirited driving they are some of the best money can buy.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2018
Given 50% while driving a Lexus IS300 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10 average miles
As i do a lot of Motorway driving i thought these would be ideal puncture protection. They Handled well in all conditions (except snow, but many don't). Unfortunately the tyres lasted approx 10,000 miles and had worn on rear inner edge down to below 1mm with cord showing ! Towards the end of their life (approx5mm) the handling of the car had changed completely, "tram lining", wander, and poor grip. I am very disappointed with the life of these tyres (my factory fitted Yokohamas lasted nearly 30,000 miles). Great when new , poor when part worn.Not worth the extra money in my opinion.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2018
Given 51% while driving a Skoda Superb II combi 2.0 tdi cr (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
Great Grip but terrible noise feedback and 9k miles wear is crazy bad ..
1 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2018
Given 73% while driving a BMW 120d (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
These replaced 4 worn Potenzas and immediately felt a little softer and noticeably quieter. They're not sports tyres, but, as others have said, 99% of the time that's not relevant. So, generally they're OK, but as winter has set in, they feel skittish as the temperatures have become nearer zero. In today's snow they were quite troubling. I just handed back a courtesy car with Potenzas on and they felt better than the Drive Guards in the icy slush. Admittedly both are summer tyres, but the winter handling would deter me from buying again, albeit I probably saved around £20 a tyre.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2017
Given 81% while driving a BMW 220d Sport Auto (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
I have just replaced Contisports with DriveGuards, which are much quieter and more comfortable. There is not much difference in feel, and the official grip figures are good. I will have to see how fast they wear, but I'm not too bothered as they are not that expensive.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2017
Given 87% while driving a BMW 120d (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Switched out the Bridgestone S001 RFTs on my BMW 120d for these DriveGuard tyres on the front (not available for the back - 35 profile). Wow, what a difference. The S001's were made of concrete. These are quieter and absorb the imperfections in the road so much better. So much more comfortable.
As a side note, I put a pair of Good Year F1 Asym 2 RFT on the back a little while after, and these are far more comfortable than the S001s too.

The only downside to these tyres is that they are touring tyres, not high performance tyres. To be honest, you can't really tell unless you have driven both though. Yes, the S001s respond slightly faster, but I wouldn't say they were any more grippy. So for the 1% of the time you get a windy B road with no traffic on it, i'd go with the S001s. But for the other 99% of the time the DriveGuards are answer if you are sticking with a RFT. You honestly won't notice unless you are driving this on a track.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2017
Given 46% while driving a BMW 320d efficient dynamics (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Put 2 new Driveguard on rear of BMW E90 last year. Done 10,000 miles and both now worn to below legal limit. My driving style is not excessive - in fact, one other tyre, which was on the car when I bought it two years ago, is a budget brand and still has more tread on it than these Bridgestones! Very disappointing.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 10, 2017
Given 92% while driving a BMW 318D (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Ordered these tyres as replacement run flat. Compared in price to the factory specification Pirelli each tyre was £10 each less also there was a £40 cashback promotion for a pair so it was a non-brainer. The tyre fitters then called to advise that the tyre was not BMW approved. I checked this with Bridgestone who confirmed that it was not "star" rated as not fully tested with BMW. SO the final EU ratings may not be accurate. These were rated A for wet which i can confirm is correct and C for wear and 70DB for noise I took the risk and it is so different from the Pirelli P7. Much less road noise. The tyre is XL and as such the wall looks thick and protrudes like a hot rod. Wear i cannot comment, after 1000 miles no notice in wear. Handling you feel less bumps so feedback is slightly less however the comfort has improved a lot even on motorways. I think Bridgestone should get it star rated as no other tyre on the market performs as well.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2017
Given 100% while driving a BMW 320 d (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 150,000 spirited miles
Ok I've been through many tyres in my time. Was looking for similar deive to uni royals rain sports and I have found it!. These tyres are truly stunning to drive with and I think I've found my tyre for life. The wet grip is frightening gripping and you will never skid ! On top of that they are run flats and therefore I won't get ripped off if or whenever I get a puncture. I can plan ahead with run flats and order tyres in and not be pressured into buying like with the normal tyres. Thumbs up bridge stone !
1 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2017