Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat

The Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 135 tyre reviews averaging 49% over 2,094,909 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat Review

Given 20% while driving a BMW E93 330i (225/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Very dangerous tyre. These tyres should be taken off the market. I refer only to the low profile tyres (30 or 35) on a BMW 19" wheels. Totally unforgiving tyre which will crack your wheels and give awful handling and appalling ride quality. I've never had a car that is legally unsafe to drive on the road. On the plus side, they got me home when i lost pressure in the rear tyre - however it wasn't a puncture but a cracked alloy. New wheel and new tyre £850 ouch! then discovered the other wheel is also cracked.
89 - tyre reviewed on December 21, 2012

Latest Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat >>

Given 24% while driving a BMW Z4 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 57 easy going miles
Turn a good car into a pig. Hard, noisy and unsettled by bumps, undulations, objects, in fact anything you are likely to find on a road. A sports car has firm suspension, in connection with these, you need to have a running order with your dentist to have your fillings tightened.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 18, 2020
Given 54% while driving a BMW Z4 (225/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 25,000 spirited miles
These tires came factory fitted on my E89 Z4. The tires didn't excel in any condition. The tires were above average in terms of dry and wet grip. They were very uncomfortable (even compared to other runflat tires) and not so good at road feedback. Wear wasn't bad, but could be better. Overall I was quite disapointed by the tires.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 9, 2020
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
Given 31% while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (245/45 R18) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
On a 2016 520d M sport with 275/40/18 on rear.

Absolutely dreadful tyres.

I agree with all other reviews.

Extremely hard ride, tram lining constantly, barely any grip.

Worst tyres I’ve driven on.

Do not waste your money, get some Pirelli/Michelin/Goodyear. I’ve had a much better experience with them and they last a decent amount of distance.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2019
Given 30% while driving a BMW 135i (235/30 R17 R) on a combination of roads for 12,000 easy going miles
I got Re050s only on the rear of my BMW 135i as they were the only Runflat tyres available.
Despite always being properly inflated and driven quietly they were harsh and have only lasted 18 months and around 20,000 km before failing a vehicle check. Very disappointing.
I’m replacing them with the OEM Dunlops.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2019
Given 30% while driving a BMW Z4 (255/30 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Absolutely terrible ride comfort. These tyres are so stiff they may as well be made from plastic.I've seen rear wheels cracking due to the stiff sidewall these have. I felt like selling my Z4 due to these awful tyres. No idea why BMW thought these would be a good tyre to go for.

I recently purchased some Goodyears (non-RFT) and the car is now transformed. Less road noise, more grip, less tramlining, more steering feedback which loads up nicely and a more comfortable ride. The car feels like a proper roadster now - great drip (especially in the wet) and the feedback I get is out of this world. Love my car now!

If you're thinking of moving away from Bridgestone run-flats, do it!
4 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2019

See all 128 customer reviews of the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Run Flat (newest first) >>