Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT

The Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 35 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 417,623 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT

2017-01-10 - Is the Potenza S001 (which is fitted on my new Mercedes SLC) a run flat tyre or are there two versions ie run flat and normal? Thank you.

If the tyre on your new Mercedes is the runflat version of the S001, it will have "runflat" / "rft" marked clearly on the sidewall.

2017-02-04 - I want to buy a summer tire for my Honda Civic.. 205/55 R16.. I live in Zonguldak Ere?li.. Wet roads.. But if I make 25000 km for only 1 year.. Half is at highway, half is at wet roads.. I wanted to buy 205/55/16 94w , XL.. Safe and hard tire.. But I think this type of tire is very hard. Are there adverse effects on road handling? Which tires can you suggest to me?

The Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT is a runflat tyre, so has a very hard sidewall. This will protect you from sidewall damage on poor surface roads, but as a result it will be less comfortable than a non-runflat tyre. We suggest you look at the Bridgestone DriveGuard

2019-04-02 - What tyre do you recommend on a BMW m 140I I have Bridgestone potential soo1 rf on now which I have had since new

The default non-runflat option is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, however this has now been replaced by the PIlot Sport 4 which offers better wet grip and higher levels of comfort, at the expense of some steering feel.

Top Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT Review

Given 50% while driving a BMW M135i (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Skittish in damp conditions, noisy on the motorway, expensive, not much to like to be honest.
103 - tyre reviewed on September 18, 2016

Latest Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Potenza S001 RFT.

Given 97% while driving a BMW 1 series 2.0l Diesel (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 53 average miles
Bridgestone S001 were fitted as OEM tyres on my car. I do a lot of mileage close to 50,000 miles per year in 2 cars and I have done close to 50,000 miles so far in my 1 series BMW in just over 2 years. I had to change one of my front tyres due to pot hole damage 2 years ago but the other remaining original front tyre is still going strong having done well over 50,000 miles. I do a lot of motorway mileage which might account for the longevity of the tyre, but I have never had this much mileage out of any tyre before which is why I will keep on putting them on the car. The rears which take the brunt of my driving have still provided great mileage.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2020
6 top tips to look after your car tyres during quarantine!
SEAT (225/45 R18 T) on for 20 spirited miles
My Seat Leon St Fr came from the dealer with this tyres. I drive cars for the last 20 years on multiple cars and tyres. This model of Bridgestone is THE WORST TYRE i had ever.
It is a scary tyre. You have no confidence in it. On mountain curvy roads you have to be carefull to not lose grip and end in the other lane. It does not feel that is sticking to the road. A strange feeling that you lose grip everytime. Feels like PLASTIC.
On wet you go slow and carefull. Period. No trust on it.
Really noisy. In the cabin of Seat i hear much more tyre noise with Bridgestone than in my wife’s car Opel Corsa with Continental. And Corsa is not sound insulated at all.
I have them for six months, i can not tell about the wear.
Finally: noisy,no grip in wet, scary on dry, makes you drive very vigilent every time.
7 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2019
Given 50% while driving a BMW 120i M Sport (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
Dry: Good tire in dry conditions and normal driving, but they very loud and the ride is very harsh when the asphalt is not perfect.
Wet: Spirited driving in wet conditions is not really possible, the tires lose grip easily even under moderate acceleration in corners and have a hard time getting traction when accelerating.
Wear: The wear seems good, 7mm tread left all around after roughly 11.000 miles (18.000 km).

Tires were replaced after 11k miles by non-RFT tires due to the harshness / wet traction / high noise issues.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2019
Given 63% while driving a BMW 230i (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 30,000 spirited miles
These came as standard fit on my 230i, 225/40/18/88Y fronts and 245/35/18/88Y rears. First time I have experienced Bridgestone run flats. Dry grip was very good, wet grip nothing more than average. However the first thing I noticed was the noise - very loud. Had Michelin PS2 ZP on my E92 325i and that tyre was so much quieter and offered far better wet grip. Back to the Bridgestones and wear is very good, got over 30K from rears and still a few mm of tread left on the fronts. Most of my mileage is motorways but does include quite a few spirited B road blasts. Wouldn't buy again, and will look for something a little softer with better wet weather grip and hopefully a bit quieter.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 30, 2019

See all 32 customer reviews of the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT (newest first) >>