Continental AllSeasonContact

Continental AllSeasonContact Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 86% while driving a Volvo S80 D5 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
It's a tyre without "surprise" behavior and well balanced perfomance on our volvo S80 D5 aut.
7 - tyre reviewed on July 3, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Opel Astra H GTC (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
better tire than M_crossclimate and gy4season. better steering feel than cross and gy4s. i don't like that conti shifted tire production to the Czech Republic and / or Russia. i just don't believe them.
10 - tyre reviewed on April 9, 2020
Given 82% while driving a Volvo V60 D3 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Awesome 4 season tyres, manufactures have improved the quality of these kind of tyres and they are almost similar to a winter tyre. I am impressed about grip on all scenarios, specially on wet roads like the ones that we have in luxembourg, nice comfort, almost no noise if you compare them with my old uniroyal winter tyres...
7 - tyre reviewed on January 10, 2020
Given 92% while driving a Renault Megane Coupe 2.0 dci 160hp (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Have had all season tyres on my daily driver for a while now and totally sold on the concept. The extra grip you get in heavy rain, snow and ice is significant. Seeing as for most of the year the temperatures in the UK are generally low I can't really understand why people keep running around on summer tyres that are patently next to useless come winter time. Bought these Continentals to replace a set of Bridgestone Weather Controls. The Bridgestones were good but wore out rather quickly I felt (at about 17,000 miles) and overall the Continentals are much superior for around the same price. Have been totally happy with dry cornering and braking but the performance and handling in wet weather is supreme. I drive 60 odd miles per day on the motorway and with recent heavy rains have felt totally secure, these tyres shift water like you wouldn't believe and track dead straight even in deep standing water. Had some heavy snow on the hills in my area recently and whilst others were struggling to get up the slopes I had no issues whatsoever. In fact it was hard to tell that I was driving on snow at all. The sidewalls are quite inflexible but the ride is far from harsh and I reckon a bit of toughness is a good thing with the amount of potholes around these days. If all that wasn't good enough I am getting at least 4 more mpg than the Bridgestones and on the motorway they are very quiet and smooth indeed. Too early to give a good appreciation of wear but they seem to be holding up well. I highly recommend these tyres, for less than 90 quid a corner they are a bargain. Why pay 20 quid less each tyre for something mediocre when these are just so good?
12 - tyre reviewed on November 21, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen golf plus 1.9tdi se (195/65 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Sunday morning 07:00 in the rain (my favorite) the tyres preformed almost as good as winter tyres... a lot of grip even in beyond "the limit" situations, that's why I wanted to try them... In the dry they let go when pushed but still keep the car where you want to go. Also, silica tyre squeal is very high sound frequency, almost inaudible... this is normal and it allows you to focus on cornering... Tyre has somewhat stiff sidewall so it has less "float" feel than "comfort" competitors but without being too harsh. If you change and balance the tyres yourself an all season tyre simplifies your work even if they last a few thousand km less than dedicated summer tyres... 9/10 If they make it last longer than what the tests show it will be 10/10... We'll see.
6 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Subaru Outback 3.0L (215/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Genuinely all season tyres. I've had them for 2 summers and 1 winter, 13k miles and 6mm tread remaining. I've had snow, deep standing water, muddy tracks, 32 degree heat on motorways, the lot. Never lost grip, or had any nanny-tech intervening. Highly recommended for an Outback.
10 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Toyota Auris (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 9,400 average miles
I have a Toyota Auris and i live in Greece. After 15000km of driving i am pleased with these tyres on snow and rain during winter months but when summer comes the tyres are sliking too much both on braking and handling. It is like a winter tyre and behaves better on winter. On summer you must be careful.
13 - tyre reviewed on October 3, 2019
Given 70% while driving a Audi A3 Sportback (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I live in coastal Montenegro, which means the winters are mild with loads of rain; the issue is if you drive a little bit north, you encounter snow and ice road conditions. That is why I went for the allseason type of the tyre, because my previous experiences with 'proper' winter tyres has not been great - they would wear down quickly in the mild weather.
Continental AllSeason contact performs well in the wet conditions, which was very important for me (we have epic rain in Montenegro). I also tested it on several occasions while driving though compacted snow in the mountains, it gripped surprisingly well; on several occasions on the ice patches it tended to 'dance' a bit, but no major issues.
The only real drawback is the warm weather performance - since February the weather was sunny and warm, and the tyre does not perform as advertised - it becomes a bit slow and 'mushy' regarding the feedback. The wear is also not great, as it started to have visible damage to the surface. Also worth noting, the tyre picks up little stones everywhere you go - I suspect this was due to the warm weather and the 'stickiness' of the compound; I can only imagine what would happen in the summer temperatures of 40 degrees Celsius.
Just lately I have reverted to my summer tyres (Dunlop Maxx Sport), and the difference is incredible.
This is not all season tyre. I assume you could use them all season long if you live in mild to cold weather, but then why not buying proper winter tyre?
34 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Audi A4 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I've finally had chance to use this in snow and they're as good as they are in the dry and the wet. A really well balanced all season tyre, highly recommended. Only thing I've yet to try is really warm running.
24 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2018
Given 92% while driving a Volkswagen golf mk4 gti 1.8T (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Over summer on dry and wet is great tire. In town ride on town-weared roads I get no spinning of weals. Start/stop on during rain also great - Golf MK4 150hp. Now when cold weather is also great behaviour on roat, open road also great, quiet on hi speeds. Dont know how it will be on snow, ice...but I dont expect poor behaviour. Previously I owned Kumho solus vier (all season), It was ok first year - but after 2 years it was so bad I bought 4 years old used winter tires and that was BIG improvement. Kumho on dry town roads was all time watching brakes and peddals - if i want to join trafic fast - i get wheels spining...Terible on wet road, teribble on snow - tires were as plastic! 4Years old 2 dunlop and 2 godyear tires were great for change that winter...until I bought Continental AllSeason - Now I get reliable car on road, reliable behaviour, brake, start. No need to drive EXTRA carefouly. Will see how is with wear over time. I bouht continental over michelin because of wear - in test and reviews I see Conti get more miles, and caracteristics are ok for my wheather conditions. I dont think it would be wrong to select one of top 3 tires on these reviews. Where you drive and how much is important. I dont drive much, no snow more than few days/weaks...some rain. If I would have more snow or winter conditions I would probably go for michelin all season tires!
3 - tyre reviewed on December 9, 2018