Continental ContiSportContact 5 P

Continental ContiSportContact 5 P Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Renault (225/45 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 17,000 easy going miles
Fitted on Renault Kadjar from new. I have done 17000 gentle miles in 3.5 yrs now rear tyres down the wear indicators; front tyres are also nearly there. Not a good tyre for wear; very disappointed. When car in 2 wheel drive mode wheels often skidded on quick take off at roundabouts so l always needed to have car in 4 wheel drive mode. I therefore from this assume they do not have the best grip.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2020
Given 84% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 CDI Blue Eff. (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
Can drive 200+ km/h in the wet very grippy.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 19, 2020
Given 81% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class AMG (235/35 R19) on mostly motorways for 5,000 easy going miles
This is a follow up to my previous review.I have not looked at the previous comments so I cannot be influenced by it.The dry grip after 5000 mile is still Suberb.The wet grip.I expect we have all done it but I was driving a little to fast on a road I did not know.The speed limit was 40mph and I was driving at 40mph and I came to a bend that just went on and on and on.The car / tyre combination performed perfectly and it drove as just as if the car was on rails.The Golf that was following me ( a little to close ) ended up up the wrong side of the road.I feel that the comfort has improved but the road noise is always in the back ground.However , and there is always a however is tyre wear.The car has been serviced recently and the tyre wear was noted as follows.Front tyres 6mm thread left and the rears have 5mm left.From memory these tyres when new had 7.5mm of thread on them.Please make your own mind up to tyre wear.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2020
Given 54% while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra 290 (235/35 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
These tyres came fitted as standard on my Leon Cupra 290.

Dry grip is very good, handles well through country lanes which I drive most days and braking is really good.
As another reviewer pointed out, they do tend to cause pretty bad wheel hop when pulling away quickly at like a junction or don't really grip well in a straight line.
I'm a slightly spirited driver but I don't drive on the limits of the tyres at all.

They are now down to 3mm after 6000 miles which is extremely shocking considering these cost £130+ per corner.
Now they have gotten to this wear level, wet grip is reduced massively sliding all over the place and they've become really unpredictable in wet weather.

I probably won't use these tyres again due to the poor wear rate.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 3, 2020
Given 60% while driving a SEAT Cupra 300 (235/35 R19 W) on mostly town for 3,000 spirited miles
These tyres aren't horrible, but they have 2 big weaknesses. First straight line grip isn't great, too much wheel spin and wheel hop, making fast starts a bit of a tricky affair. The other weakness is wear. Its really terrible. I'll be lucky to see 6000 miles from them, and that mostly low speed town driving.

Handling and feedback is decent and they are safe, but the weaknesses really mean I wont get them again, and cant recommend them.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Mercedes Benz 190 2.3 16 (255/30 R19 V) on mostly motorways for 4,000 average miles
Hi , my car has 235/35/19 on the front and 255/30/19 on the rear.Before I write any comment on the tyres on my car it is important to keep to the tyre size that Mercedes recommend.I had the tyres changed and the dealer but the wrong size on the rear and it it was noted in the handling.Issue rectified.

I find that both in the dry and wet the handling is excellent.The braking performance again is good but you need to remember that the car behind you has also got to stop.

I do feel that the feedback from the tyres are satisfactory but I purchased the car to travel long distance in comfort.The car handling is good and is very enjoyable to drive on the UKs A and B roads.
In all honesty the tyres could be a little quieter but the ride is suberb.
Tyre life could be better but I change them at 10000 regardless of tread left.
When the time comes to change the tyres again I will buy Conts and hope I can still get the 5Ps.

2 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2019
Given 47% while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra ST 290 (FWD) (235/35 R19 R) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Terrible quick wearing, factory fitted as standard on Cupra 290 brake FWD vehicle, down to under 2mm after just 6000 miles! Not hard driving, just standard journeys, quite a short commute with a lot of stopping and starting, but this is still pathetic!
3 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2019
Given 54% while driving a Mercedes Benz 190 2.3 16 (235/35 R19) on mostly town for 8 easy going miles
Just had the first service on A250 at 12 months/ 8,500 km's to be told it needs new front tyres. Been happy with the grip and handing but not happy it they don't last for at least 40,000kms.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2019
Mercedes Benz (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 3,000 easy going miles
Dry and wet grip in my car are very good but the feed back from the steering could be better.If you put the car in sport mode the steering is over sensitive.I don't drive the car on the limit so know idea how good the tyres are in that sinero.The tyres have been exchanged by the dealer / slight problem with profile / but again I feel should give satisfactory life for a performance tyre.The car is very comfortable but the road / tyre noise is far from satisfactory but these are ultra low tyres.The road surface may not help.I purchased the car for long distant touring and not disappointed with purchase.Question , would I purchase the same tyres again , no really sure only because of the noise.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2019
Given 41% while driving a (245/35 R21 W) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
This is now the second set of these I have had. If I am lucky, I can get 10,000 miles out of them. Now going over to Falken FK510's, as they are supposed to be better all round, including £40 a tyre less. These lack grip in the dry, and the traction control light is always on limiting the power, which means my 0-60mph is slower than it could be at 3.9 seconds.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2018