Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV

The Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 23 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 319,528 miles driven.

2018 All Road 265/60 R18 4x4 Tyre Test - 1st of 8 tyres

• Positive - Excellent balanced performance, accurate steering, short braking in the dry and wet.
  • Negative - Average traction in mud.
  • Overall - Test winner.

2016 Autobild 4x4 / SUV Tyre Test - 1st of 7 tyres

• Positive - A well balanced tyre with short braking in the dry and wey, and surprisingly good traction on grass
  • Negative - High noise level, expensive and relatively low lateral stability on wet surfaces
  • Overall - Exemplary

2015 Off Road SUV 4x4 Tyre Test - 2nd of 9 tyres

• Positive - Good results on dry and wet surfaces
  • Negative - High noise level
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV Review

Given 59% while driving a Hyundai Tucson (245/45 R19) on a combination of roads for 13,000 easy going miles
Standard fitting on Hyundai Tucson SE Premium. Lasted less than 13000 miles on front axle. Is it my driving? I don't think so. Previous car was Hyundai IX35 SE Premium (basically the same car), changed front tyres on that one at 31000 miles. Previous car to that was a Discovery TD5, tyres lasted 40000 miles between changes so its not my driving! Ok for feedback and grip and noise levels but will not be buying as replacements
66 - tyre reviewed on September 26, 2016

Latest Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV Reviews

Have you driven on the Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV >>

Given 83% while driving a Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TDI 170hp (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 28 average miles
Great tyre - handles really well. Very little road noise. Good comfortable ride. Very good breaking - have had to pull up sharply a couple of times and the tyre has really responded. For an expensive tyre though, I am a little disappointed with the total kilometers (just 45,000km). I have regularly rotated the tyres, kept them balanced and front end aligned. I don't think they have had any tough driving conditions, and so the only reason I probably won't buy them again, is I'd like a tyre with better mileage.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 25, 2020
Given 57% while driving a Volkswagen Tiguan (235/55 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 116,000 easy going miles
We bought a brand new VW Tiguan (pre-registered late 2017) which came fitted with these Continental ContiSport v tyres. Within less than 3 years of very conservative and careful driving (my wife and I are both retired NHS staff), we noticed significant wear on the front two tyres. The car had clocked up just 11,600 miles from new. Our local garage confirmed significant wear, one of the tyres verging on being dangerous. We had both tyres replaced immediately. On contacting Continental to comment, they wanted me to return to the garage, fill-in a form and have the Garage do so too. They then wanted me to ask the garage to keep the tyres for their collection. There offer was to report back once they'd had chance to actually see the two failed tyres themselves. Continental clearly wouldn't take my word, our Garage's word or want to contact our VW Dealership. We'd always previously considered Continental to be a decent brand - but never, never again.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2020
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
Given 90% while driving a Lexus RX270 (235/60 R18 V) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Amazing tyres. put them on my Lexus RX and well out do the original bridgestones the car came with when I bought it brand new. Can hardly hear any road noise unless driving on rough or unsealed concrete road and even then very quiet. Very comfortable.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2020
Given 93% while driving a Hyundai Santa Fe (235/55 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Fitted the tyres to our Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander when the original Hankook tyres needed replacing. This will be the third time I have fitted Continentals when available and they don't disappoint. Steering, braking, feel and comfort are all superior to the others I have owned, and I couldn't see myself buying any other brand regardless of price.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Auto (235/60 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
I am very pleased with these tyres. They have lasted for 3 summers, and have had everything thrown at them, long distance motorway trips, towing trailers and caravans, country roads and the commute. The only fault came from a nail that punctured a tyre, but even that managed to hold together with the sealant to get us and the caravan 400 miles to our home. That tyre was immediately replaced with another Conti, despite there being a cheaper option on the shelf at the fitters. I've never had any issues with grip, handling, noise or economy with these tyres, and an estimated 30k miles shows that they can last, despite being fitted to a fairly heavy car. They are now at 3mm, so not suitable for another summer of use, but a new set is going on once the winter tyres come off.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2019

See all 21 customer reviews of the Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV (newest first) >>