Continental Cross Contact A/T

The Continental Cross Contact AT is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 341,778 miles driven.

2017 Drive Out Off Road 4x4 Tyre Test - 7th of 7 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental Cross Contact AT
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Continental Cross Contact AT. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Continental Cross Contact AT Review

Given 93% while driving a Land Rover Defender (235/85 R16) on mostly country roads for 24,000 average miles
Cannot understand some of the reviews for the Cross Contact AT. These tyres are an excellent all round performer. They are less than half worn at 24,000 miles so I am looking to get around 50k+ out of them. They perform wet or dry are capable off road and have an acceptable noise level on a defender which is not exactly quiet anyway. My usage is 70% county roads 25% "A" roads or motorways and 5% off road. For any tyre to have to handle all of the above summer and winter is a big ask and this tyre is very good.
60 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2013

Latest Continental Cross Contact AT Reviews

Have you driven on the Continental Cross Contact AT tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Continental Cross Contact AT? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Continental Cross Contact AT >>

Given 94% while driving a Land Rover Defender (235/85 R16) on a combination of roads for 80,778 average miles
These tyres were original tyres fitted to my new 2015 Land Rover Defender. They were subjected to varied on road and off road conditions in Southern Africa. They are now being replaced at 130 000km (80778 mi) with legal tread on all tyres. They handled well in both wet and dry conditions with no punctures on any tyre. The performance in sand was better than mud. My one complaint is that the tread traps and throws stones, require checking for stone boring into the tread. I have long been a fan of BFG All Terrain KO but I have never had a tyre last like these tyres, note I maintain a rigorous rotation, balancing and alignment program. I can strongly recommend these tyres as 70/30 multi purpose tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2020
Given 53% while driving a Land Rover (235/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 60,000 average miles
These are the "summer" tyres on my Defender, for winter use I have BFG A/T which I am more than happy with. Two points I want to make about the Continentals: 1: Whilst they are not directional they do wear in a manner governed by direction. If they are swapped from side ti side they sound very much as if all the wheel bearings are about to fail. Not nice. 2: On snow and ice at about freezing point they are much more likely to spin than the BFGs.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2020
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
Given 86% while driving a Land Rover Defender (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 27,000 average miles
Good all round tyre that wears very well,off road they are average,on road very good.
7 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2018
Ford (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 14,000 average miles
THe tyres are comfortable and quite. They handle pretty good on tar and on gravel, but the wear is not good at all. After 14,000km i note some concerning wear on the tyres with bits coming off. For an off road tyre, well I would not buy them again. They have super thin sidewalls and are more expensive than some other tyres which are better suited in this area. I would say these tyres are 70:30 geared towards tar. To be honest I am disappointed.
6 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2017
Given 89% while driving a Land Rover Defender (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 57,000 average miles
Done 57000 miles on first set since new. Am renewing tomorrow as only one is worn to the limit. Best mileage for a set of tyres ever. Cannot reccomend more. Good off-road - we live at Bog House Farm, which says it all.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 27, 2017

See all 11 customer reviews of the Continental Cross Contact AT (newest first) >>