Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat

The Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Continental Sport Contact 3 SSR Run flat

Tyre review data from 23 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 208,717 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat Review

Given 67% while driving a Mercedes Benz (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
I had a set of 225/40R18 CONTI SPORT 5 SSR Runflats on the front of my Mercedes from new - great grip in the wet and dry but terrible mileage!

I work in the tyre industry for a living and although Conti have a great OE share within Europe (30% apparently) their replacement share is one of the lowest out of the Premium brands.
231 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2013

Latest Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat Reviews

Have you driven on the Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat >>

Given 66% while driving a Mercedes Benz c43 (225/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Never been keen on runflats but they were fitted on the car when purchased so went along with them. However 2 x cracked front wheels later I’m not impressed, the ride is so unbelievably hard even with the suspension set to comfort, you will feel every tiny bump. dry grip is great but wet grip isn’t so good I have lost it twice and had to correct oversteer even with 4 wheel drive, in the tyres defence it does have 400hp. Road noise is a little high. They are coming off this week and getting replaced with non runflats. I wouldn’t buy them again.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 21, 2020
Given 57% while driving a BMW 218d Active Tourer (245/35 R18) on mostly town for 9,000 easy going miles
I have a BMW 228i convertible, I drive the vehicle in eco mode 90% of the time but i'm only getting less than 10000km on a pair. Uneven wear, I'm very disappointed with the brand.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2020
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
Given 70% while driving a Mercedes Benz c43 (225/40 R19) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I keep getting punctures, at least every four months, are these tyres “weak” or am I unlucky. I’ll be interested to read others comments. Before my Merc I had a BMW with run flats and apart the road noise no problems although I used Bridgestone tyres.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2020
Given 73% while driving a BMW 320 d (225/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
Excellent road feedback, a little harsh on rough roads. The SSR metal ring causes the tyre to 'slam' over potholes. Noticeably less grip in the wet. Quiet enough but can hear road noise.
9 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2020
Given 69% while driving a BMW 320i (225/45 R18 W) on for 20,000 miles
I had these Conti Sport contact 5 fitted from New on 18 inch rims when I upgraded from thr stock 205/60 r16 tyres and rims my BMW F30 320i came out with. They had very good dry grip and even the occasional "hooligan" antics didn't produce any scary or unpredictable behavior. (even though the car had only 135kw and 270nm) They were comfortable on motor way or by road speeds. They were the SSR versions so ride comfort was never comparable to regular tyres. I had the occasional heavy rain stirm that's so common in Johannesburg South Africa. They handled standing water well and I never felt aquaplaning. Very smooth tarmac could produce a slight slip or slide that thr traction control caught out. But regaulr road surfaces never caused a slide. The only negative was wear rate. The rear tyres were half worn by 10000km. The fronts about a quarter worn. I roared at 10000km to place the worn CSC5s on thr front axle of the Beemer. They wear a lot but they area a soft sporty Tyre that's not marketed for longevity. I also wished that had a better rim protector as I accidentally scuffed or curbed the rims on thr offside more than a few times. I even experienced a 6 inch nail penetrate the rear left Tyre at about110kph and it lost pressure but I continued to drive at about 90kph for about 100km until I cold get it patched or plugged. I love the grip these SC5s gave but they wore out too fast on a moderately powerful 320i F30 BMW. They also had good water clearing ability and predictable behavior. Good steering response
0 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2020

See all 23 customer reviews of the Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR Runflat (newest first) >>