Cooper Discoverer A/T3 4S

The Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

The Discoverer AT34S provides reliable performance for SUVs and light duty pick-up trucks. Featuring Adaptive-Traction Technology™, the Discoverer AT34S is designed to grip the driving surface, whether rocky or smooth, in hot or cold weather conditions. The tyre is constructed using an innovative silica-based tread compound and Cooper’s Sure-Grip™ five-rib, all-terrain pattern to provide off-road driving capability and excellent wet and dry traction. Its zigzag sipes improve vehicle stability while reducing stone retention, and uniquely shaped deep center grooves reduce hydroplaning. Severe weather rated, the Discoverer AT34S has patented saw tooth technology designed to trap snow in the tread to provide superior stopping distance on snowy surfaces. The AT34S is available in 37 sizes from 15-20 inch rim diameters.

Tyre review data from 2 tyre reviews averaging 91% over 7,200 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S Review

Given 93% while driving a Suzuki Jimny (225/70 R15) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
Mounted these on my All New (2020) Jimny and it exceeded my expectations! Grip is excellent both in dry and wet conditions. Road noise is almost non existent (same if not better than the stock Dunlop Grantrek AT20) and there seems to be no negative impact on my fuel economy despite being wider and bigger (although I am a light footed driver). I get better handling on this especially when cornering primarily because it is much wider than the stock 195/80/r15 Dunlop's. I will surely buy these tires again in the future! I only clocked in about 2000 kms on this so it is still not showing any visible signs of wear.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2020

Latest Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S Reviews

Have you driven on the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S >>

1 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2020
Given 88% while driving a Nissan Pathfinder (265/70 R15 T) on mostly motorways for 7,200 spirited miles
I bought these on promotion for about 1/3 less than they go for now.
Pros:
A handsome tire with good grip in all conditions. Unphased by heavy rain on the highway. Particularly amazing grip in deep snow in 4H or 4L. With 8" snow I was comfortably smashing up steep hills, stopping controlled and quickly, and VERY predictably 4 wheel drifting in the snow. Very good at expelling mud or snow from getting packed in the tread. Noise from tire is hardly noticeable compared to other tires in the category. Capable on and off road with an amazing 65,000 mile warranty.

Cons:
MPG noticably decreased; my average mpg fell from ~18.5 to ~17 mpg in the past year. The tires squeal on concrete roads in wet conditions before they have warmed up. Pebbles stay wedged in between the tread and make clicking noises until the noise stops on the highway and some poor sod behind you got a rock chip. Tire feedback feels numb, but that blame can be shared with my 20 yr old suspension on a 4500# Nissan dinosaur. Also, the price skyrocketed after the positive reviews rolled in.

TL;DR These are class leading tires that punch above their, and their manufacturer's weight. Cooper marketing was spot on for the SUV driver that mostly keeps to the highway, but needs uncompromising off-road performance when duty calls. At the current $156/ea USD price online, I'd shop around or wait for a rebate. When first released I got the price down to ~$100/ea USD with a rebate.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2019
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!

See all 2 customer reviews of the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S (newest first) >>