Cooper Zeon 4XS Sport

The Cooper Zeon 4XS Sport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 66% over 49,008 miles driven.

2020 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - 8th of 10 tyres

• Positive - High traction on sand and gravel, stable dry handling, low rolling noise.
  • Negative - Limited aquaplaning resistance, long wet braking distances.

2019 Auto Express SUV Tyre Test - 7th of 8 tyres

• Overall - Poor in the wet and highest fuel consumption on test.

2017 ACE SUV Summer Tyre Test - 8th of 11 tyres

235/50 R18 97V   E A 69 12.49kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Cooper Zeon 4XS Sport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Cooper Zeon 4XS Sport Review

Given 98% while driving a Mitsubishi (225/55 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Briliant tyers no problems at all. ..defenetli i will buy it again. ..briliant on the rain and super low noise..
95 - tyre reviewed on August 3, 2016

Latest Cooper Zeon 4XS Sport Reviews

Have you driven on the Cooper Zeon 4XS Sport tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Cooper Zeon 4XS Sport? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Cooper Zeon 4XS Sport >>

Given 74% while driving a Mercedes Benz GLC 250 4 Matic (235/55 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
A full set came fitted to the used Mercedes GLC we purchased. After never having heard of these tyres I was pleasantly surprised. Do a little more digging and you find that David Coulthard (yes the F1 driver) endorses these tyres and helped with their development! They are one of the quietest tyres I have ever experienced - given that's its a Mercedes SUV things are pretty quiet in the cabin anyway, but I noticed that the Goodyear tyres fitted to a similar age/spec/mileage GLC was noticeably harsher and noisier. These tyres have a very unusual dot pattern in between the tread blocks, I can imagine this contributes to noise suppression. Being an SUV it doesn't get thrown around like a car would. That said you have full confidence flooring the throttle in the wet on these. Acceleration and braking is good enough - being a 4matic it's more difficult to break traction anyway compared to a FWD SUV and these tyres seem to work very well on the GLC. Wear is probably the only drawback - in the few months I've driven on them (around 4mm tread when we got the car) I'm starting to see bald shoulders on the front tyres, this is the design of the blocks and the rest of the tyre still has 3.5mm+ and the tyres have been correctly inflated. The tyres don't seem to offer a great deal of rim protection either although at a 55% SUV profile this is less of an issue than say a 30% profile. The top brands seem to have a thicker rim protection flange which in my opinion looks quite good. I get the sense that it's a very soft compound, excellent grip and a low noise tread design at the expense of wear. Goodyears and Pirelli's most likely will last longer, but they are more expensive (Cooper's available around 90 a corner) and noticeably harsher (in terms of noise and comfort). As the vehicle has a remote monitoring app it's the first time I've been able to monitor tyre pressures over the course of a few months daily. It's been very interesting to see the pressures drop as much as 4psi over 10deg C, I'm not sure if all tyres would vary to the same degree. All in all, would definitely buy these tyres again. Once you've had a quiet tyre fitted to an SUV it's very difficult to swap to anything noisier. The dB rating for this tyre is 70dB but it feels more like 68dB.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 25, 2020
Given 77% while driving a Kia Motors Sportage (235/60 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 14,000 average miles
Results from tire test by ADAC 2017 completely cover my opinion after running 24000 km on my Kia Sportage 2. Positive: Balanced tyre, good in the dry and wet Negative: Slightly high wear - 2 mm for 24000 km , I think is normal.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2020
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
Given 44% while driving a Dacia Duster 4x4 (215/65 R16) on mostly country roads for 19,000 average miles
I run about 22000km a year and 1/3 of them with winter tires. I drive approximately 65% tarmac and 35% gravel, I drive off road sometimes, not countable in percent, but when I do I need to trust the grip.

I had these tires for 2 summer seasons and they are finished now so they lasted for about 30000km. I find the wear to be extremely high, I use to have the tires 3 or 4 years before buying new ones.

I think the tires behave strange, in curves it sometimes feels like they collapse in one direction and then gives a recoil in the other direction or something like that. It never caused something bad but I never felt that behavior in normal speeds before...

Off road they are more or less useless.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Kia Motors Sorento EX 2.5 (245/70 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Excellent tire, very good grip on dry, excellent grip on wet. The best rain tire (of course I'm talking about conditions where the temperature is above 3-4 ° C) I've ever used. I used it in conditions up to -5 ° C, of course without snow, they still showed very good performance. As for comfort and noise, the tire I have on the vehicle is very good. The only drawback seems to me a little bit faster wear. Before these tires had Hankook Dynapro HP and I crossed nearly 30,000 miles with them. I think that Zeon will not achieve this result.
I'm sorry if there are errors in the terms, English is not my native language.
7 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2019
Given 20% while driving a Kia Motors Sportage (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Please don't buy this brand. They are the worst tyres that I've buyed ever. I drove my car for 1000 miles and I've change the tyres with another brand. Afrer fitting, my car starts vibrating at low speed and high speed. I left it in my dealer service for 9 days. They try to balance and rebalance the wheels many times. The car still vibrating. So after 9 days of checkings i change the tyres. Just don't buy this brand.
8 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2018