Cooper Zeon CS6

Cooper Zeon CS6 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 80% while driving a Porsche 944 (225/50 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
These tyres were firtted to my car when I bought it and had little or no wear. Recently did a 750+ mile round trip from end Of Essex to end of Cornwall meeting a wide variety of road conditions. Never had a moments concern be the road wet or dry. I drive the car as it was meant to be driven so no gentle cruising around. The tyres were a bit noisy on ridged concrete, the section of the M25 aound the junction with the A3 and on towards the M3 was the worst.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2019
Given 47% while driving a Skoda Octavia estate (255/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 7 average miles
Found this review whilst looking for replacement tyres. A summer shower on M45 Coventry had me Aquaplaning almost off the road and going way less than speed limit. Summer grip is fine. Road noise is dependent on surface. Unlikely to buy these again.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2017
Given 34% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Not very impressed with these. Dry grip is average, the seem to skate across the road rather than biting in and gripping. Wet grip is bad, and even on modestly powered car they are easy to spin when pulling away and the car understeers easily on wet roundabouts. They tyre constructiion is quite hard and they transmit all of the minor road imperfections to the car. The best things I can say are that they are not too noisy, and the hard compound means they last for ages. This is unfortunate as I cannot wait to replace them with something better.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2016
Given 70% while driving a Audi A4 2.8 quattro (205/55 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
I just changed these out on my Quattro after just over 18,000 miles. They would have been okay for summer, but with winter coming they were a bit past it.
Seemed to me to be quite a good hard wearing chunky tyre that was not outstanding in any way really but overall very capable and trustworthy. Most of my driving is on Somerset roads with a bit of motorway occasionally. So they have driven on lumpy country lanes, gravel and dirt tracks, on fields and over beaches.
I felt that they felt a bit woolly after the old Michelins that were on the car when I bought it, just were not as sporty or poised, but they never got scary and were very progressive.
Overall a good tyre and good value. I have however just replaced them with Nokian Lines because they got such great reviews from end users and tyre tests. Will report back on them when they are worn in.
My eventual choices were Nokian, Michelin PS3 or Uniroyal RS3. I hope I have chosen well.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2015
Given 31% while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
Shocking tyre to the extent that I bought a car with 4 of these on which are nearly new. I'm having them removed in favour of Goodyear F1's. Why you ask? Predominantly the noise, these are the loudest tyres I've had the misfortune or owning, even on freshly laid Tarmac they are appalling. Secondly I'd class them as dangerous, wet grip is virtually non existent and even in the dry they are skittish for no apparent reason. Since looking around it seems these tyres get bad press, I can't say I'm surprised!
10 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2015
Given 87% while driving a BMW X3 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 16,500 easy going miles
Very impressive grip on dry, wet and ice. However, I've had theese tyres around 2 years and they are cracking. Not to badly at the minute but I reckon in 6-12 months they are going to be scrapped.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 29, 2015
Given 50% while driving a Renault 172 cup (205/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
This tyre doesn't seem suited to my car.I find grip both in the wet and dry very mediocre compared to the previously fitted Falkens, and miles behind premium tyres such as the OE Michelins. They are fairly good value though and seem to wear well, but you can do much better if you want performance.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2015
Given 57% while driving a CitroŽn C4 (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Cooper tyres looks good but had a faulty one with the side wall going but never hit a kerb
They have warn out way to quickly only 1500miles
0 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2015
Given 90% while driving a Ford MONDEO (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 17,500 average miles
A good all round budget tyre that doesn't split like a Pirelli or wear before the next service ( Bridgestone, Goodyear, Dunlop etc.)

May be noisy on some roads but is compensated by minimum of tram lining when getting down to the wear bars unlike higher branded tyres.

I get approx 50 percent more mileage than the higher branded tyres and therefore can afford to change them before they wear out.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2014
Given 86% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Brought a pair last year and done 5000 miles so far, seem great no matter what the weather & wear really well compared to the maxxis I had on before.
I've just had another pair but on the back to replace the maxxis on there to.
Whilst talking to the guy at the garage he told me that Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe Limited. Own Avon tyres & after looking at the Avon website it says at the bottom.

So you can now buy with peace of mind that these are practically Avon tyres !!!
0 - tyre reviewed on July 14, 2014