Davanti DX390

The Davanti DX390 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 55% over 51,744 miles driven.

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 5th of 18 tyres

• Overall - Magazine note - Conditionally recommended - "it is only available in a few ways, and we know that the different production times can give significantly different characteristics, so it is far from certain that the purchased copy is so good will be like the test arrived"
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Davanti DX390
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Davanti DX390. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Davanti DX390 Review

Given 100% while driving a Toyota Yaris (195/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
I purchased this tyres for around £50 per tyre and have had a full set of 4. I have driven 9000 miles and the front was down to 2mm and the rear on about 4mm. I purchased two front tyres and cost £100. I am very impressed with these tyres as I purchased them over the continental premium contact 2's that the car came with and I noticed a change straight away. As I drive a hybrid I'm used to quiet and these tyres are quiet. They grip well on corners/roundabout really well in both dry and wet conditions. (17-23mph). Wear is good as if I changed the front and back at around 3mm I would likely get another 6000 miles. So 15000 miles on a full set would be great but as I like to change two at a time and weighting up the pros and cons.

I have driven mostly around town, however with a few country lanes and the average motorway trip. I would say around 7000 town, 1000 countryside and 1000 motorway approx.

I am very likely to be purchasing these again as the overall price per mile is very good.
If a new better tyre comes out then I might be persuaded to change.
72 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2016

Latest Davanti DX390 Reviews

Have you driven on the Davanti DX390 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Davanti DX390? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Davanti DX390 >>

Given 22% while driving a Mercedes Benz A (195/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Part way through lockdown found that one of my firestone tyres had an egg in the sidewall so went to a local garage to have them changed - the only garage I could find open at the time (was a bit reluctant to go that garage as I'd been there before and had a bad experience where they tried to claim all my tyres were beyond the limit when they were nowhere near, but backtracked when I pointed out they were nowhere near the rubber markers, this time funny enough they said all my other tyres were also beyond the limit, but only backtracked on one that I said had only been fitted just before lockdown - hmmm... - certainly wouldn't go back to them charlatans - also they were a bit of a joke too laughing about this covid-19 crisis, not keeping social distance at all or anything and finding this covid-19 all one big joke - I was just like let me get the heck out of here - the first thing the guy said to me when I arrived for the tyre change was "I've not got it, you've not got it so we're good" - erm... yeah it takes 2 weeks to show up so how do either of us know that??). Asked the guys what premium tyres they had in - asked if they had any firestones, bridgestones, goodyear, etc.... nope - all they had was these davanti's which they claim were their premium tyres. Never heard of Davanti's before but they did have a number of adverts up in the window for davanti's and pictures of them on rally cars so I guessed if they're good enough for rally cars then we'll see how they go on the merc. They are so bad. In the past I've always had decent low-noise tyres on my vehicle, being autistic I hate too much noise. These things are noisy as anything and handling is anything but premium - prior to this I had some firestone roadhawks, and on my old car I had goodyear efficientgrip performance. Both are reasonably good tyres - my favourite out of them two has to be the efficientgrips - they were something else, and they certainly changed the handling of a zafira! Fuel efficiency of these tyres is absolutely appalling too - it feels like I'm dragging lead weights around. At the moment not going very far in the car, only to go get shopping and that's it so they'll do for now, but once this virus threat is fully lifted and things getting back to proper normality then I'll consider buying some new goodyears to replace these davantis.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2020
Given 33% while driving a Renault Clio III Extreme 1.6 (185/60 R15 N) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
These tyres are an absolute death trap, made my car handle much worse than before. They are ok in the dry but can just lost it at any point with no warning and they are terrible in the wet.. I've skidded I don't know how many times on roundabouts going no faster that 15mph when it's been damp. They are a joke, honestly just pay a bit more and get better tyres. Can't wait to get them off and definitely won't be recommending them to anyone.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 9, 2020
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 76% while driving a Honda Civic (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
These tyres represent fantastic value for money. Sure they are not the best tyres out there and are probably not suitable for racing as some on here seem to expect, but this is a quality budget tyre.

I have has a pair of these on the front of my 2004 honda civic 1.7 ctdi for 12000 miles and they are about 50% worn (4-5mm). Slightly poor performance in the wet, but if you are sensible and skillful driver these tyres are great.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2019
Given 37% while driving a SEAT Mii (185/55 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
when i bought my car these were already fitted, and they wouldn't be my first choice as i'm a tyre snob, but they seem to grip fairly well in the dry spirited country drives aren't too bad, but in the wet they feel a little squirmy and make you want to back off, but their real downside is rolling resistance, as soon as you lift off the speed drops quickly, and as such you use a fair bit of fuel, even though my car weighs under a ton fully loaded.

Can't say much for wear although they had just over 1000 miles when i got the car, and done just about 4000 miles with them, and still a decent amount of tread left.

but definitely going to replace them with a well known brand, so i could at least trust the tyres my car has.
8 - tyre reviewed on July 29, 2018
Given 29% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk4 1.9 GTTDi (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Well, after being recommended these by a friend, erm let me say, I wont be using these 'budget' tyres again. They were okish at first, well for the first 1000 miles of use, not that they got a lot of use as they only lasted only lasted 4000 miles and after that 1000 they were absolutely terrible. These tyres in the wet are absolutely terrible as it makes you feel as if your car is on the log flume at the local water park and in the dry, well they just give up so easily! Without no warning! They also squeal like mad and draw lots of attention. They only good thing about them is that they have little road noise, but I value grip over that. Therefore, I won't be using these over priced Ditchanti's again!!
13 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2017