Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Mazda (215/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Well originally fitted on Mazda 3 BN 25SP GT Hatch, so fare lasted 32.5K Miles and still going pass the service and expected to last for another 4.3K making over 37K Miles in total, think that is a good score as I'm heavy footer when to comes driving, accelerating and cornering. Have to say I did put nitrogen from begging and think it make a different.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2019
Given 57% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (215/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
These are the Mazda 3 stock tyres.

Poor dry grip, enough for average driving in highways but not recommended for spirited driving.
On wet conditions are a completely disaster, dangerous on sharp curves, very poor braking and handling.
Average comfort, bad fuel consumption and very expensive for what these tyres offer.

Not recommended at all.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2018
Given 47% while driving a BMW 328i (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Runflats fitted to BMW 328i (2013). Noisy, harsh ride, poor handling and steering. Grip was OK when fully warmed up in the dry but not good in the wet. Overall, the performance was so bad that I scrapped the tyres after 6000 miles even though plenty of tread left. Michelin non-runflat are much nicer in all respects.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2018
Given 94% while driving a BMW 320d efficient dynamics (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 17,000 easy going miles
These tyres came as standard on my BMW 320 D estate. Now done 17,000 miles and plenty of tread left. I've driven across Europe over the Alps down to Southern Italy and found them great in the heat and in torrential thunderstorms at motorway speeds.
We've just had heavy snow and freezing conditions. I drove the car over Ilkley Moor on black ice, up and down some really steep gradients with no problems while other cars skidded into ditches. Far better in the snow than I expected from a rear wheel drive car.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2018
Mazda 3 2014 (215/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
These tyres came fitted on my car. I have covered close to 35000 miles on them over the past 3 years and all I can say is the wear rate has been fantastic. My last service noted that both front tyres have 3mm left so I expect them to hit close to 40000 miles before they are worn out completely to the legal limit. Tyres I've had in the past from different brands seem to wear out at about 25000 miles so I'm more than happy with these Dunlops. Grip levels have never been an issue apart from one cold winters morning where the car skidded easily on corners so I would say they are not the best for icy/wintery conditions but feel great in the dry/wet. The tyres do have a heavy feel on turn in when new but this soon disappears as the tyres wear. A lot of reviews say this tyre is noisy, from my experience I would say they are no noisier than any other tyre I've driven on, they aren't silent but they are by no means noisy. They have quite stiff sidewalls so are more suited to a sportier driving style and road feedback is good. Overall I would recommend this tyre but I think I'll try Michelin pilot sport 3s next just out of curiosity to see if there is a difference in noise/ grip and because of the rave reviews those tyres get. I'd happily buy these again in the future if the Michelins disappoint.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 25, 2017