Event WL905

The Event WL905 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 123 tyre reviews averaging 44% over 851,429 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Event WL905
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Event WL905
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Event WL905. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Event WL905 Review

Given 30% while driving a Volkswagen Passat (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
One tyre that is a death trap in the wet. I have no confidence in damp or fully wet conditions. There is low grip even at normal driving speeds in the wet, anything faster and it's an accident waiting to happen.
29 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015

Latest Event WL905 Reviews

Have you driven on the Event WL905 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the WL905.

Given 27% while driving a MINI Clubman (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Car feels like suspension worn out and or has wear in ball joints!!! No grip in the wet, tyres are on the back of my car and I have experienced oversteer on roundabouts and when turning!!! Very dangerous tyre, like driving on slick when pouring down with rain!!

DO NOT BUY!!! IF ON YOUR CAR CHANGE BEFORE YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT!!
0 - tyre reviewed on November 28, 2018
Given 37% while driving a Audi A3 Sportback (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 easy going miles
I bought a second hand Audi A3 recently which seemed to have a brand new or near enough set of these Event tyres fitted to the rear. They seemed ok until the first day I drove the car in the rain. I was going slowly round a roundabout and the back end went. No traction whatsoever. I thought I perhaps had a flat tyre but everything was ok. It wasn't until I looked up these Event tyres online that I discovered this site and the applicable reviews. They are a disgrace and incredibly dangerous. I have had budget tyres on cars before and although mediocre they certainly were not as shocking as these things.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2018
Given 24% while driving a Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI Titanium (215/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 8,000 average miles
Do not buy these tyres! I was unfortunate enough to buy my car with these fitted and I cannot explain how poor they are. Wet grip is completely non existent even at slow speeds, evasive action in the wet would immediately cause a total loss of control. Changed them to Dunlop Blue response and it felt like I was driving a different car. Avoid Event WL 905s at all costs! The other reviewers seem to have shared the perilous experience of taking a corner at 5mph in these too!
3 - tyre reviewed on May 11, 2018
Given 15% while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 600 average miles
These came fitted on a 2nd hand Volvo S60 D5, now bear in mind this is a heavy very torque-y car.....
Generally a LOT of lateral motion, no idea what the sidewalls were made of (cheese?) but no matter what road surface or speed there was a terrible feeling of wallow which initially made me think my suspension was shot.
In the dry at low speeds these were acceptable but at motorway speeds these things were terrifying, you could feel the grip breaking and they tramlined like crazy. Under heavy breaking in the dry you got terrible vibration / wobble and again you could feel the grip going.
In the wet these tyres are LETHAL. Now the S60 is a heavy car and generally is very planted but frankly these tyres gave me the cold sweats on several occasions even in a straight line (tramlining plus breaking grip at high speed)
As for wear I'll never know, I ditched these after 2 weeks for some Eagle Assymetric 3's and never looked back.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2017
Given 37% while driving a Ford 2.5 cougar (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 2,500 average miles
Tyres last forever, probably longer than the car as they are so hard they glaze giving no wet grip whatsoever. I have then on the back of a cougar and am scared of roundabouts in the wet even at slow speeds., scary to feel the back end slide. Avoid at all costs.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2017