Falken FK452

Falken FK452 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 61% while driving a Toyota Supra non turbo (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Good dry tyre but bad in the wet, I got in serious trouble on a bend and fell it under normal driving, will be changing to Uniroyal rainsport 3 tyres to get good wet grip
0 - tyre reviewed on February 29, 2020
Given 81% while driving a TVR Cerbera (255/35 R18) on mostly country roads for 5,000 miles
Fitted these Fk452 to my Tvr Cerbera v8 because I couldn't get a hold of any Toyo Proxes T1R. Was a compromise at the time but not one I regretted. The grip in the dry was superb and almost as good in the wet. The car had been set up on adjustable coil overs which helped immensely.
A good tyre is one that you can predict its grip and feel confident that they won't let go during a corner. The Fk452 were a great investment. As far as wear is concerned I only did about five thousand miles a year but they were very 'Spirited' miles and I would definitely buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 2, 2019
Given 60% while driving a BMW E46 M3 (225/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
These came on my M3. I've not had Falkens for a long time but here it goes.

Pros?
-They are reasonable in price
-Drifters will like you ; it's a known brand in those circles
-Dry grip is actually pretty good

Cons?
-Wet braking is bad on these! I on occasions did say a silent prayer if someone brake suddenly in front of me in the wet!
-The wear was strange ; they wore the shoulders first, despite the tyre pressures and toe being fine. The Michelin PS4S that have replaced them have been fine.
11 - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2017
Given 91% while driving a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track (245/35 R20 R) on a combination of roads for 40,000 spirited miles
Wow. Got these for my first tuner Genesis. Loved them since day one. their performance and grip kept exceeded my retarded driving for which im still alive to write this review haha. Fit my budget too so 100% would recommend if you have restricted budget but want performance tires :)
1 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2016
Given 44% while driving a Smart Brabus (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Bought these a couple of years ago as rears for my Smart Brabus - both started cracking very quickly (noted on the MOT's) but still held. They've worn exceptionally quickly too, within 10k miles. I'm having to replace due to being on the limit, definitely not going to purchase again.

Not sure how to rate grip, they're fine in the dry, but in the wet there have been a few chilling moments under normal conditions. I wasn't inspired with confidence.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2016
Given 50% while driving a Ford Ford F6(Australia only)rwd (275/30 R20 W) on mostly country roads for 3,700 spirited miles
I bought a complete set of these in a staggered fitment, 245/30/20 on the front of my 07 Ford FPV Typhoon, and 275 30 20 on the rear. the fronts are half worn but the rears have just melted in the rain or whatever as I only got 6000 kilometres out of them until they were well below the wear indicators. of which the last 3.5mm disappeared over one weekend trip which covered 1800 km.
I have had a better life from Dunlop Sport Maxx 245/35/19 on the same car getting 14000 km from them, Maxxis 245/35/19 getting 12000 km out of one set at 42 psi pressure and 9000 km out of another set at 36psi.
I got better mileage and grip from Nankang NS2 255/35/19 which lasted 12000 km at 39 psi.
I definitely wont buy these Falken tyres again. I am about to try some Goodyear 285 25 20 Eagle F1 Asymmetric and will report on those in due course. I wish Vredestrain tyres were available in New Zealand as they seem to have the best reviews, I cant justify Pirelli or Michelin at $1000 NZD a tyre I cant see them lasting twice as long..
0 - tyre reviewed on July 14, 2015
Given 71% while driving a BMW 330 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
These are good tyres, especially as they used to be very cheap...
But, when the price of them rose dramatically, I went over to Nankang NS2 (which are significantly cheaper) and I noticed very little difference.
Good dry grip, OK wet grip, good feedback.
The Falkens are a decent, solid choice, but I think they are over-rated - they certainly don't deserve a 90%+ rating as some people on here seem to suggest!!
5 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2014
Given 67% while driving a BMW 318is (245/35 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Really good tyre in the dry but unpredictable in the wet. Good wear & comfortable for a low profile tyre!
43 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2014