Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

The Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Falken ZE914

This tyre has been replaced by the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

Tyre review data from 77 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 824,165 miles driven.

2020 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning resistance, good wet handling, short dry braking.
  • Negative - Weak lateral stability and understeer in the dry.

2017 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 11 tyres

2017 AZ Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good resistance to aquaplaning, acceptable handling on dry surfaces
  • Negative - The longest braking distance on wet surfaces, long braking distance on dry surfaces
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Questions and Answers for the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

2017-02-20 - Are these tyres directional please.

The Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun is an asymmetric tyre

2017-10-19 - Is this the same tyre as the ZE914'A' Ecorun? There are various sellers of this tyre and there seem to be many differing descriptions, including one with SO as a suffix. What is going on with this tyre? Personally I think that the VW/AUDI group are claiming it as their own!!

ZE914A is OEM version of the tyre. No difference between ZE914 and Ecorun.

2017-10-20 - If they are the same, what accounts for their different ratings. The ecorun scores worse than the predecessor. Although the ZE914A has better economy wet grip and noise levels. Anomaly?

Mid life updates and OE requirements can change how a tyre behaves during the EU label testing, if that's the scoring you're referring to.

Top Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Review

Given 100% while driving a BMW E39 5 series (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 50,000 average miles
I was so disappointed about the comfort and steering of my 5er when her 18" M alloys wore P Zero and Eagle F1. The car drove like an overloaded lorry in ruts and on flat tyres. I was about to give up 18" in favour of standard 16" but decided to give them a very last chance, with reasonably priced tyres this time. I went for Falken ZIEX 912 (now 914) and - my goodness - what a change! Where have you been whole my life? Finally the car drives like it should! Road cracks nicely damped, great handling on wet (confident ride 160km/h on autobahn in the rain), reasonably long lasting. What can you ask more? It's a 3rd pair of 912/914 I order today. For 1,5t saloon, it's a tyre worth of every penny.
199 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015

Latest Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Reviews

Have you driven on the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun >>

Given 66% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 4 Door (2008) (215/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 28,000 spirited miles
Well, these Falkens were great at the begining, low noise level, the comfort, well I am using 18" inch rims and they have fortified sidewalls, but still it was not so bad, dry grip was great, but wet grip was awesome, wear is also good, but when I reach 15000miles, then it was like, sorry, this was our premium support, we are now switching to free support, thank you for your usage. Because then everything went downhill, only dry grip was still there, so do not understand how the Falken is able to do this, but driving on these tyres after that 15000mile threshold is very dangerous especially during wet, there is just almost no grip. Also I notify, that these Falkens especially for Lancer are bit heavy, 10,3kg each tyre. For price comparison it is also against Falken as size 215/45 R18 are very expensive no matter the brand. Anyway it was great experience for me. We must start somewhere, but I think it is time to move to another brand, so apologize, but I will not buy Falken again for now at least.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2020
Given 65% while driving a Toyota Corolla (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
8400km on a Toyota Corolla Touring Sports 2.0 Hybrid.
Dry handling is ok, even when I squeeze the 180hp of the engine, but one definitely can find their limit before we'd like, meaning the tyres don't follow the chassis ability to handle tighter and/or faster corners.
On the wet, the limit is found too soon, it's easy to make the Traction Control kick in and I had an accident at low speed, when the brakes locked the wheels but there wasn't enough grip and the car just slided...
They're noisy tyres.
The rim protection is nice.
If I was on a tight budget I might buy this tyres but usually I'm not cheap on tyres so I'll look for better Continental, Goodyear or Michelin.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2020
Want the best tyre for real world driving? Watch this!
Volkswagen Golf 6 GT (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 12,700 average miles
PROs: dry grip, wet grip, low rolling resistance, good road feedback for eco tyres, value

CONs: very noisy after 5000km, average treadwear, average braking performance both dry and wet, harsh ride

Before i change to ziex 914 ecorun, ive already use kumho PS31, Michelin PS3, bridgestone turanza t001 and Yokohama C Drive 2. I can conclude that this tyre still perform above my expectations. Very recommended for those who are looking a very good value and quality tyre. Only downside is braking performance and comfort.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Opel Astra 1.4 (195/60 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Bought 4 Falken PL15 195/60R15 88H ZIEX ZE 914 ECORUN in 2017 (50€ each). They were on Astra G 1.4 90 HP for 30 000 kms and they feel much better then previous Dunlop SP, especially on rain. Tyre wear is minimal (1 mm per year or 9000 km). 4.5 to 5.5 mm is left on tyre tread.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Honda Civic 1.4 100PS FK1 (225/50 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 37,000 spirited miles
Back in 2013, I decided to try a set of 4 tyres ZIEX914 225/50/16 W XL (extra load) for sporty driving. Very few reviews existed at that time but the price was much lower than premium brands. I replaced these tyres after 6 years with 60,000 km and I can say for sure that these tyres are excellent for sporty driving due to the combination of stiff sidewall and sticky rubber. With these tyres I could easily find the limits of my civic when taking turns at high speed without losing steering control at all. The only downside of these tyres is the absolute lack of comfort which can be a deal-breaker for relaxed-style drivers.

Now I have chosen Federal Evoluzion ST-1 because of discounted price and nice sporty performance.
In the short-run I am very satisfied but I have yet to discover their long-run performance.
I wish they keep up with the Falkens...
11 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2019