Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 66% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 4 Door (2008) (215/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 28,000 spirited miles
Well, these Falkens were great at the begining, low noise level, the comfort, well I am using 18" inch rims and they have fortified sidewalls, but still it was not so bad, dry grip was great, but wet grip was awesome, wear is also good, but when I reach 15000miles, then it was like, sorry, this was our premium support, we are now switching to free support, thank you for your usage. Because then everything went downhill, only dry grip was still there, so do not understand how the Falken is able to do this, but driving on these tyres after that 15000mile threshold is very dangerous especially during wet, there is just almost no grip. Also I notify, that these Falkens especially for Lancer are bit heavy, 10,3kg each tyre. For price comparison it is also against Falken as size 215/45 R18 are very expensive no matter the brand. Anyway it was great experience for me. We must start somewhere, but I think it is time to move to another brand, so apologize, but I will not buy Falken again for now at least.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2020
Given 65% while driving a Toyota Corolla (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
8400km on a Toyota Corolla Touring Sports 2.0 Hybrid.
Dry handling is ok, even when I squeeze the 180hp of the engine, but one definitely can find their limit before we'd like, meaning the tyres don't follow the chassis ability to handle tighter and/or faster corners.
On the wet, the limit is found too soon, it's easy to make the Traction Control kick in and I had an accident at low speed, when the brakes locked the wheels but there wasn't enough grip and the car just slided...
They're noisy tyres.
The rim protection is nice.
If I was on a tight budget I might buy this tyres but usually I'm not cheap on tyres so I'll look for better Continental, Goodyear or Michelin.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2020
Volkswagen Golf 6 GT (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 12,700 average miles
PROs: dry grip, wet grip, low rolling resistance, good road feedback for eco tyres, value

CONs: very noisy after 5000km, average treadwear, average braking performance both dry and wet, harsh ride

Before i change to ziex 914 ecorun, ive already use kumho PS31, Michelin PS3, bridgestone turanza t001 and Yokohama C Drive 2. I can conclude that this tyre still perform above my expectations. Very recommended for those who are looking a very good value and quality tyre. Only downside is braking performance and comfort.
6 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Opel Astra 1.4 (195/60 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Bought 4 Falken PL15 195/60R15 88H ZIEX ZE 914 ECORUN in 2017 (50€ each). They were on Astra G 1.4 90 HP for 30 000 kms and they feel much better then previous Dunlop SP, especially on rain. Tyre wear is minimal (1 mm per year or 9000 km). 4.5 to 5.5 mm is left on tyre tread.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Honda Civic 1.4 100PS FK1 (225/50 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 37,000 spirited miles
Back in 2013, I decided to try a set of 4 tyres ZIEX914 225/50/16 W XL (extra load) for sporty driving. Very few reviews existed at that time but the price was much lower than premium brands. I replaced these tyres after 6 years with 60,000 km and I can say for sure that these tyres are excellent for sporty driving due to the combination of stiff sidewall and sticky rubber. With these tyres I could easily find the limits of my civic when taking turns at high speed without losing steering control at all. The only downside of these tyres is the absolute lack of comfort which can be a deal-breaker for relaxed-style drivers.

Now I have chosen Federal Evoluzion ST-1 because of discounted price and nice sporty performance.
In the short-run I am very satisfied but I have yet to discover their long-run performance.
I wish they keep up with the Falkens...
10 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2019
Given 77% while driving a Citron c3 Picasso 1.6 diesel (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Great grip in both dry and wet conditions. I've driven in heavy rain and the tyres feels very secure with precise handling and great resistance to aquaplaning. No skipping nor sliding. I'm more of a relaxed driver so haven't stressed the tyres on a road track, but the tyres feels good and the car feels glued to the road. Steering has sharpened up, car feels more responsive to driver input compared to Michelin Energy. Noise levels are low, but the tyres are on the hard side so not so comfortable on poor roads/bad tamrac or gravel. These tyres are sporty touring tyres, perhaps too sporty for a MPV. I can't comment on wear, it's too early.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Skoda Octavia estate (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 45,000 easy going miles
Had these tyres already fitted on my Octavia when I bought it. Had heard about Falken tyres but never used them before. I am an easy going driver, but these tyres held up very well. I have put about 60,000 kms on my car in 3 years and rotate the tyres front to back once a year. Tyres have around 2,5mm of tread left so looking to replace soon. Tyres have held up very well. Sidewalls are quite stiff. Do get a little noisey when tread is low. Have priced up a new set and are well worth the money.
4 - tyre reviewed on April 7, 2019
Given 70% while driving a Skoda Superb 3 L&K 4x4 Combi 2.0TD (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
Nice comfortabel tyre, 45000 km even wear. Not good or bad in any way, just ok. Good at higher speeds in Germany just not sharp. Noise and comfort nice.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDi R Line Estate (215/55 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Mediocre middle-class tyres mostly made i Thailand, but you can rely on them.
Road feedback and comfort is mediocre at best, they just feel and sound like modern hard eco-tires. I had Michelin Primacy 3's on my former car, a Volvo V70 2010 and I have to say, the Primacies gave a bit better feeback and had better comfort. But, Falken ZE914 are not bad tires. They give almost no feedback for better or worse and feel stiff and numb, but they have tremendous dry-grip, they just never slip and I haven't had any problems when driving in rain either and aquaplaning has never occurred. They do feel very hard when you hit potholes (with normal tire pressure), but the car never wanders when driving on badly mantained highways.
I don't know about long-time wear yet. I haven't driven them more than 3000 miles, but they still look like new, all 4 tires have 7 mm left (8mm new) so I suppose they'll easily last 15000-20000 miles.
My opinion is that you get your bang for the buck, but you also somewhat get what you pay for. I bought these because they were 30% cheaper than Michelin Primacy 4's or Conti PremiumContacts 6's for my car and with that price difference I would definitely buy them again.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2019