Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Reviews (newest first) - Page 3

Given 61% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 160 (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
OK tyres, not the best, not the worst. Wet grip seems to deteriorate exponentially the more they wear down.
I'm shocked at only getting 15,000 miles from a front set on a Vauxhall Insignia. I'm by no means an "aggressive" driver so this wear rate seems unacceptably poor. For that reason I won't be buying these again.
13 - tyre reviewed on January 3, 2018
Given 76% while driving a Skoda Fabia vRS (205/40 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Fitted these to my Fabia vRS on the front. Got them for a very good price at my local tyre fitter. Needed something which could put the power down and also take a corner without understeering into a kerb like a lot of the cheaper brands.
They grip very well in the dry and are progressive with good feedback. Wet grip is the most important for the UK especially over winter. They are impressive to say the least. Whilst the grip isnt as good as the much more expensive Goodyear eagle f1, its still very reassuring. The limits become obvious when you start to push on power whilst taking roundabouts in the wet but its easy to regain control by just easing off slightly. When the tyres are starting to give you get a small amount of feedback then they just start washing out quickly after that. Only real negative is there is no rim protection at all, which on 17" wheels with low profile tyres means any sort of kerb or obstacle must be carefully avoided.
4 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2017
Given 81% while driving a Jaguar s type 2.5 (235/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
noise is less than Pirelli for sure..driving for 2000 km. No need to give much money..
12 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2017
Fiat (195/60 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 22,000 average miles
Good tires, both dry and wet, I would say good length, I changed them to 22,000 km because the bumpy convergence made them to consume on the inside. To recommend.
6 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
Excelent grip. It change the car
10 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 7,500 easy going miles
Bought these tyres to replace my Nokian Line (see my review in the Nokian Line page) on my Mercedes C180. I had to change from the Nokian because there is no more dealership in my country, Singapore. Else, I would have just carry on with the Nokian.

I bought these tyres after seeing the good reviews on here as well as the reasonable price offered by local dealers. In Singapore, it is summer all year with plenty of rain. After putting about 12000km on these tyres on mainly town driving, I find that it has excellent dry grip and has low rolling resistence (good for people who likes to take pedal off and glide their cars). However, the wet grip is not exactly convincing. On wet smooth surface, such as metal drain covers or smooth cement floors used in carparks, these tyres got ZERO grip. Once you step on the brakes on such surface, the car's ABS kicks in and the car skids forward. You can only pray that it stops.

On normal wet surface, most time the grip is pretty good. But there was an instance when i jammed my brake (and i usually keep my distance), my car was initially braking ok but suddenly, it seem to lose grip and started skidding forward. The final moments before the car stopped i thought i was going to collide with the car in front. So for me these tyres are simply too unconvincing. It doesnt give me the feeling that i will be entirely safe on wet surface and i will not buy these tyres again.
51 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2017
BMW (265/35 R18) on mostly motorways for 9,000 spirited miles
A pretty standard tyre but shocked at the wear rate on these.
Nothing to complain about and nothing outstanding about them either did the job.
These are in no way a value option. Fitted these all round to my e39 530D in October 2015 before the MOT. By the beginning of March the rears were down to were 3mm after only 8k. The driving was mostly spirited motorway.

Was shocked when it was pointed out to me during a service.

Got rid of the rears a month later and didn't want to keep the fronts. Replaced with nexen nfera su1 all around which are much better tyres and even known to be soft but still did 13k on the rears.
10 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2017