Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL

The Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 127 tyre reviews averaging 56% over 1,252,457 miles driven.

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 46th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL Review

Given 43% while driving a BMW M3 (235/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
There tires are really bad. They came on my car when I bought it, they had about 1000 miles on them at the time. Dry traction is okay. Wet traction is scary. Never tried them in snow. They are also the very loud. I thought I had wheel bearings going out at speed. During tight slow turns in a parking lot I thought my LSD was growling. Now that I have new tires I can actually hear the exhaust note (stock exhaust). Lane changes on rutted roads can be a nasty experience too. The car would snap in and out of the ruts throwing the car latterly. I don't know that I will ever look at a tire with the "V" pattern tread the same way again. Stay away from these tires. If they are your only option in stock, order something else wait patiently for them to come in and then be glad you did. They wear pretty slowly, but I am counting that as a con because it means you will be stuck with these awful tires for even longer.
46 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2016

Latest Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL Reviews

Have you driven on the Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL >>

Given 39% while driving a Lexus IS250 AWD (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 4,000 spirited miles
Trash!!! DO NOT BUY THESE FOR A DAILY DRIVER - THESE ARE FOR BURNOUTS WITH YOUR "TOY"
1 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2020
Given 86% while driving a Pontiac trans am ws6 (245/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
i had these on my iroc z and absolutely did things that are unbelievable with them! from autocross to drag racing! YOU HAVE TO GET THESE TIRES WARM!!!!!!! once they warm up and heat cycled properly they will perform better than most tires out there. current car is a 478 rear wheel horse trans am and they are still an absolute dream. out of every tire ive ran these are the best looking and really give a wide footprint! dont recommend with snow. (laguna seca loved them)
0 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2020
Want the best tyre for real world driving? Watch this!
Given 64% while driving a Hyundai Getz (185/55 R14 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I bought these tires mostly for their looks cause even thought the size was 185/55/14 they seemed more meaty and wider like a 195/55/14 size. I guess Federal is one of these brands that make tires look 1 size wider than they suppose to be, well that suits fine for me, they looked amazing BUT that was the only good thing about those tires.The dry grip was just ok and in the wet i was too afraid to push them hard due to the fact that i have heard many negative reviews about their wet grip so i had little experience in wet driving and with low speed so i would say that they were just passable. And now let's go for the BIG downfall.
The first thing i immediately noticed was a strange trembling in the brake pedal every time i was breaking even in very slow speeds. I don't know if that had to do with the tread pattern or what but the feeling i was getting from this was unsecured, frustrating and like i was steeping over little rocks all the time. And there were worst to come... Secondly the tires were extremely noisy and i mean in an UNBEARABLE way. They were making a weird noise that i have never heard before on a tire, like a helicopter's propeller kind of thing. Even with a loud exhaust (muffler delete) i was still able to hear that irritable noise! I would never buy these tires again and i wouldn't recommend them for confident secure driving. They only worth trying them for their looks and if you drive them only for shows in closed stages for drifting burnouts and stuff but not on the street.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2019
Given 39% while driving a BMW 330i (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 spirited miles
Had them for 2 years on the back of my E90 330i. Dry traction is OK but a bit scary when going into corners, you don't feel confident using these.
Wet traction is scary, these tyres are unsafe, it should be illegal to sell these.
4th gear at 80kph the car did a 180 on a corner on the highway, I had the scare of my life. Stay away from these tyres!
1 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2019
Given 81% while driving a Chevrolet S10 Blazer (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I have these on a modified S10 pickup that I use for autocross, track days as well as being my daily driver. In the dry the grip is astonishing for the price; wet or cold weather traction not so good, but these ARE UHP Summer tires after all. For a 240 rated tire the wear is very good. I put 20000 miles on my last set and just replaced them as the tread wasgetting too hard for good , spirited handling. I have and will buy these again. Best bang for your buck.
5 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2019