Firestone Firehawk SZ90

Firestone Firehawk SZ90 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 53% while driving a Opel Corsa D 1.4 (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 15 average miles
I don’t even care how this tyres are on dry or wet road because you can’t hear anything inside car except noise of tyres, this noise make you mad, no chance to handle it, never again firestone
3 - tyre reviewed on April 22, 2018
Given 74% while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 18,000 easy going miles
Decent tyres for the price. Wet grip good, dry grip good only negative is that they have started to crack at 3mm and 18000 miles.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2017
Given 92% while driving a SEAT 1.4 TSI (195/55 R15) on mostly country roads for 80,000 average miles
Really great Tires. I had them on my new Seat. Lasted 80.000 km. They were used in all seasons. Great handling in every conditions. Hever had a problem with them. Great eaven on snow.
Very recommandable tire. I would buy it again for sure.
4 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2017
Given 80% while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 17,500 average miles
Bought the tyres in May 2013, have done 28000 km with them. Two tyres down to wear sign, two still have about 3 mm. So I will change them in the spring with a new set of something else. They had very good grip on dry and wet, on curves the car was very stable, feedback also good, you felt the car when it started to slide. Negative aspects: noise, low comfort and high fuel consumption.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2016
Given 86% while driving a Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I'm really impressed by these tyres. Had a quick look at the reviews here before buying and there were several negative ones, which almost turn my decision on buying them. But actually the tyres are great in dry, wet, wet & cold handling and braking... They grip in turns with high speed and road feedback is good.
I can say they are a bit noisy, but it's not something bothering. Wear is less than 1mm after 15000km. Will buy again and recommend for sure!
71 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2016
Given 69% while driving a Rover 75 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
I have recently bought a set of these tyres for my car having been informed that they had a new tread pattern. I have found that they have good cornering and braking characteristics in wet or dry conditions on all road surfaces.

I recently took a friend who races street cars as a hobby for a drive on dual carriageways and motorway and he even remarked how quiet they were regarding road noise over other comparable makes.

I would definitely recommend these tyres to anyone.
5 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2016
Given 20% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 27,000 spirited miles
These tyres are hard, noisy and slippery compared with Pirelli Cinturato P1 and Fulda carat Progresso. Car is unstable on korners, not good handling on dry & wet surfaces and not safe feeling when driving faster on corners at all.
I recommend from my experience Fulda and Pirelli summer and winter tyres.
These tyres are not sport tyres at all, I wouldn't buy again and don't recommend them to anyone.

1 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2016
Given 43% while driving a Audi A3 2.0T Sporkback (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Very noisy after 90mph and feeling insecure eve tho I have sport suspension. Wouldnt buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 21, 2016
Given 61% while driving a SEAT Exeo (225/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 13,000 spirited miles
I replaced my Goodyear Eagle F1s, which I'd had on since the car was new, with the Firestone Firehawk SZ90u to try and save a few quid. But as soon as I drove away from the garage I could tell the difference. The car seemed more bouncier as I steered (not in a good way) and felt unstable. It felt like the car was swaying. I beared with it to see if it was just psychological but when I took some corners at what I deemed to be my usual way, the traction control would come on and the car didn't handle anything like it did with the Goodyears. I had never really noticed much difference in handling over the years when I've changed my tyres but maybe as I'm driving a faster, sportier car that I enjoy driving well maybe this is the difference. I was that concerned I took my car back to the garage to ask them if they could check that nothing had been disturbed or fiddled with when changing the tyres! A technician came out with me and drove the car but he couldn't notice anything wrong with the way it handled. I can only put it down to the difference in tyres and when they showed me the difference in the side wall firmness between the Goodyear and the Firestone, the Goodyear are reinforced and solid, preventing rolling and improving stability. The Firestones have now worn on the outside circumference (fronts only) after approx. 13,000 miles, requiring replacement. The rest of the tyre and the rears have plenty of tread left on them but I am putting Goodyear Eagle F1s back on the fronts for now and the rears when they're also worn. Hopefully I will get the trusty road holding and handling I was accustomed to again..
1 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2016
Opel Corsa 1.2 80Hp (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 13,000 easy going miles
My worse tyres, very noisy- this noise make you crazy, after 15000 km I've decided bined them as couldn't use them any more, wear quite quick so in this tyres is huge advantage, positive is good grip on wet and dry, fuel consumption was increased too. After this tyres I won't buy any Firestone again
0 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2016