General Altimax Sport

General Altimax Sport Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Skoda (205/45 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 4 average miles
I've had Avons, Kumho's, Hankooks and now the Generals on my 1.2 Fabia htp. The Avons and Kumhos were very noisy ( the Avons sounded like a worn wheel bearing) and tram lined over any rough surface, the Hankooks were much better but still noisy and only lasted 15k miles on the front. My usual tyre dealer had started stocking Generals as Kumho were no longer the bargains they were and he highly recommended them. I can report they are excellent all round tyres for my Fabia and so quiet! They are not quite up to the Hankooks for road feedback but as good as the others in all other respects and much cheaper, and they are looking like being long lived. General have been owned by Continental for many years so I have confidence in them and will definitely buy them again
4 - tyre reviewed on June 11, 2019
CitroŽn (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I put these no my C5 to replace the Michelin Primacy HP which were OEM.
A revelation!
They are Quiet, Comfortable, Grippy, soooooo much better than the Michelins.

26 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2019
Given 49% while driving a Audi A6 S line (245/45 R18) on for 40,000 average miles
Very hard wearing tyre but very average.
The road noise is so loud when they wear off.
Personally i dont like these.
53 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Alfa Romeo Spider (205/50 R16 W) on mostly town for 100 average miles
Just fitted a pair of General Altimax sport tyres to the front of my Alfa Spider 916 T. Spark which replaced a pair of Autogrip P308 tyres fitted for the past three years.

The Autogrips look a decent tyre and indeed have not proven to be robust not suffering from any punctures, but driving the car they never inspired any confidence in me, especially in damp or wet conditions they scared the hell out of me.

Decided to replace these with the General Altimax Sport as a mid way house between budget rubbish and premium. I have to say the handling of the car has been transformed ! these tyres are smooth riding, handle beautifully and grip very well. I can imagine ten years ago they would easily have been considered premium tyres and their heritage being a Continental brand is very clear and shows in the tyres performance.

for the extra £20 a corner for these over the Autogrip and similar budget rubbish, please don't scrimp and buy budget. They are easily worth the extra money.
17 - tyre reviewed on February 13, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Audi S5 (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
These Altimax Sports were fitted new on my S5 when I bought it - wasn't too sure about them as usually I have had Michelins or Contis on my previous Audis (TT 3.2 - A5 3.0TDI). After about a years driving and about 14k miles on UK roads I have been impressed by the performance given the price. Drive mainly A/B roads with occasional Motorway trips and have never had any issues which gave me concern about the tyres performance, good in the dry and as good as Michelin/Conti in the wet. I don't drive on the 'ragged edge' of tyre limits but I do use the power of the S5 quite frequently (why wouldn't I !!) and at no time have I ever felt the tyres were problematic. Comfort is good - firm but not too 'thumpy' on bad surfaces - have taken some major potholes and the tyres have survived with no damage. From the wear so far, reckon good for 20k+ miles.
Overall, for the cost these tyres, they are as good/or better than some of the Premium brands I've used in past and I will be using them again.
9 - tyre reviewed on February 10, 2018
Given 74% while driving a Ford S Max (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Excellent performance especially at the price! A little on the noisy side compared with previous makes and fuel consumption seems lower, but grip in wet and dry has been good and they have lasted very well!!
2 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2018
Given 79% while driving a Renault Megane II Break 1.5dCI 105Hp (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 500 easy going miles
Now driving with this set of Tires and very happy with them.
Not yet any view on wear but it seems to be good.
Had some continentals before and these are equal but cheaper, also my thoughts are they are less noisy than the continentals I had before.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2017