Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

The Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2

This tyre has been replaced by the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

Tyre review data from 153 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 2,261,801 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3
205/45 R16 83W   F C 66 8.56kgs
235/50 R18 97V   F B 65 11.23kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 Review

Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
This tyre gives me a lot of confidence in the wet. The way it cuts through water is much better than my last set of tyres. Cornering and braking is excellent too.
27 - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2014

Latest Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 >>

Given 90% while driving a Toyota Yaris (195/50 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
I had a newly bought set of these for the summer, being almost low-profile. Other than the fact that they do look amazing due to their sporty look, they have been very good and reliable tires. And they really lasted a long distance without too much wear, in spite of the good grip and feel that they offered. Of course, not very good in cold, wet times (early springs or late autumns) but for what their built, on summer, they do what they're expected to do, and do it well. Progressive and reliable. Would definitely buy again also given the affordable price.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2019
Fiat (195/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
This tyre is great.
Fiat used to fit it too my panda 100HP.
And I love it.
Car is lowered ,and fitted whit powerflex.
The goodyear are like a bonus.
Also stance is great.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 25, 2018
Want the best tyre for real world driving? Watch this!
Given 99% while driving a Suzuki swift sport (195/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Totally superb tyre for a Swift Sport MK1. Had been using Falkens for over 2 years and fancied a change. Totally transformed the car. Steering feels 'tighter' the punishing ride of the Mk1 Swift Sport (ZC31) on Falkens (912 eco runs) has been replaced by a ride which is very firm and fantastic (so much better than the extra load 85W Falkens). Turn in is better plus you feel the grip so much more.
The Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s are fantastic for the Mk1 Swift Sport. Only regret is I didn't get them 2 years ago.
Forget all the alternative tyre size for Swift Sports (i.e trying to avoid buying 195/45/R17s), and 'extra load' 85W or so tyres.
Get these. They are phenomenal.
9 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2018
Given 60% while driving a Fiat Panda (195/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
A poor tyre in my opinion. It grips fine in the dry (like every other tyre on sale), but has no real directional stability... Off centre the car darts this way and that. Once into a corner with a little lock on, all's well, the breakaway is progressive, and all feels fine. Traction isn't great (195 tyres on for 100hp 1.4 should be more than enough!) but wheelspin coming out of corners is common.

In the wet I feel they are ok. Standing water, and general motorway confidence is fine, and with smooth inputs you can still travel quickly on b-roads. Sharp inputs - inputs I'd expect a car to understeer from but still actually turn(!) aren't great in the wet (or damp) though. I expect more from a tyre.

All in all, if I have to replace my tyres I'll probably get another couple of these (standard fit, and there's nothing else good in my size), but I'd be looking for something more modern these days.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2015