Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2

The Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 93% over 103,330 miles driven.

2020 Tyre Reviews Ultimate Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 12 tyres

• Positive - The new EfficientGrip Performance 2 is a very well rounded tyre with excellent grip in the dry and wet, low levels of noise, high levels of comfort, very low rolling resistance and well priced.
  • Negative - Low aquaplaning resistance and slightly long braking distances in the dry and wet cost it victory.
  • Overall - An extremely well rounded tyre with no major weaknesses, other than aquaplaning. Good levels of comfort and low fuel use make this an excellent tyre for real world driving.

2020 New 17 Inch Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance, excellent wet performance.
  • Negative - Average noise, slightly slow steering in the dry.

2020 Teknikens 17 Inch Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - No obvious flaws and good balance of characteristics.
  • Negative - Average resistance to aquaplaning.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 Review

Given 100% while driving a Toyota Auris (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 1,000 easy going miles
Been looking for new set of summer tyres after decided to change my wheels size too, I went from 17Ē wheels down to 16Ē and fitted new set of Goodyear efficient grip performance 2, latest model tyres, they were made in week 7 of 2020 and I fitted them in week 8 of 2020, absolutely brand new and fresh rubber. So far so good, traveled around 1000 miles and tyres are excellent, performance, comfort, even though they are smaller size there is no negative performance, corners great, braking in both dry and wet is good, car feels very positive to drive , noise level also good. This is the first review of these new model efficient grip performance as other reviews are for the older model, I been using the previous egp for years and now I think my tyres for the next few years are exactly those especially if they last as they are advertised . Highly recommend to try them. They are made in Germany too. 👍
88 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2020

Latest Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 >>

Given 98% while driving a Audi a3 s line (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Hello I am from Cyprus and my car is Audi A3 sportback. I have before Chinese tyres davandi and after intertrac tyres. Very bad tyres donít buy this brands. After that I decided to buy a better tyres. For the last 3 years I used them Continental contisport contact 5. It was good tyres I donít have anything bad to say about this tyres. After the Continental I did my research and I decided to buy the Goodyear efficiendgrip performance 2. I have this tyres 1 month now and itís absolutely amazing tyres. I donít Know yet for the wet grip and for the wear. I pushed my car to the limits and my tyres give me a very good feeling they give me confidence a safety filing. I have to say itís very comfortable tyres I donít feel the pumps and the bad roads in Cyprus and itís very silently too I donít hear anything to the cabin. I will give a better review in 6 months. I am sorry for my bad English
3 - tyre reviewed on August 5, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Mercedes Benz A180 1.6turbo 2013 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I was on Micheline energy savers. Changed to these goodyears after 45k km. In the dry, the goodyears were quieter from low speeds to high (max of 105km/h). My steering is usually dull, but with these there is much more directness, and a tiny bit more feel. In the wet, braking is excellent, can corner with confidence. One gripe would be that perhaps the tires are too soft. I feel a bit more lean in the corners, but bear in mind im riding on 16inch wheels.
5 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2020
Want the best tyre for real world driving? Watch this!
Given 91% while driving a BMW 320d touring (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
After going back to 16s from 225/40 /18s I found the steering to be a bit vague.the wet braking is spot on though and inspires confidence along with a much better ride on our horrendous UK roads. Very quiet and comfortable and I'm sure I'll be getting them again, good job goodyear. I drive at average speed but do like a late night blast and do around 20k a year.
3 - tyre reviewed on July 11, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 50,000 spirited miles
I think I buy it again. Because handling was great.
8 - tyre reviewed on July 1, 2020

See all 7 customer reviews of the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 (newest first) >>