Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance 2

The Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance 2 is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Goodyear UltraGrip 8 Performance

This tyre has been replaced by the Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Gen 1

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 60% over 88,600 miles driven.

2011 Auto Express Winter Tyre Test - 2nd of 9 tyres

• Overall - Excellent on snow, just misses out on the top spot thanks to trailing the Conti in other areas

2011 Auto Bild Performance Winter Tyre Test - 2nd of 7 tyres

• Positive - Top winter tyres with excellent traction and shortest braking distances on snow covered slopes. Stable cornering with safe driving characteristics. Excellent aquaplaning properties

2011 Sport Auto Performance Winter Tyre Test - 4th of 5 tyres

• Overall - While the Goodyear is closely related to the Dunlop, the different design approaches are obvious. The Goodyear has a much safer approach, which leaves the car understeering when it could develop extra grip at the risk of dynamic instability. Still, a good all round result, only slightly weaker than the Dunlop in the snow.
205/55 R16 91H *RSC E C 68 11.45kgs
205/55 R16 91H XL *RSC E C 70 11.45kgs
215/55 R16 97V XL   E C 69 10.53kgs
205/60 R16 92H XL * C C 68 8.80kgs
205/50 R17 89H XL *RSC F C 67 11.44kgs
225/55 R17 97H XL * E C 68 11.43kgs
245/55 R17 102H XL *RSC E E 70 17.03kgs
255/50 R21 106H XL *RSC E C 67 18.97kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance 2 Review

Given 51% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 30,000 easy going miles
I reviewed these on the 24th Dec 2014, so this is an updated review. I've completely given up on these tyres. Yes, they are quite and comfortable, but their poor grip on snow and the vague feeling on tarmac meant I could not suffer them, so I have given up on them and fitted some Nokian WR D3's instead. What a revelation - the Nokians are certainly noisier, but their road manners are superb and their grip on ice and snow remarkable. So glad I gave up on the Goodyears. If you tootle around the M25 in winter I guess they'd be a good choice, but if you need to drive on winter roads such as the Scottish Highlands they are terrible and best avoided.
20 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2015

Latest Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance 2 >>

Given 49% while driving a BMW 230i (205/50 R17 V) on mostly town for 100 average miles
If there was a score of 0 , this tire would earn it for snow and ice. Right out of my driveway, I'm skidding all over the place. Coming to a stop, my ABS is working overtime. Light turns green and I can't get traction, I'm slipping sideways. Light snow on the highway at 50mph is a white-knuckled shit-show.
These tires are terrible. I felt safer on my all-seasons in the snow.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Audi A6 Allroad 2.5 (215/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 21,500 average miles
One of the best winter tires I ever drove
5 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2015
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
20 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2015
Given 49% while driving a Skoda Yeti (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 30,000 easy going miles
Very quite and comfortable but very poor handling and grip in snow poor.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2014

See all 8 customer reviews of the Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance 2 (newest first) >>