Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+

The Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Plus is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Gen 1

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 12,500 miles driven.

2019 19 Inch Performance Winter Tyre Test - 1st of 12 tyres

• Positive - Exemplary driving characteristics in all weather conditions, sporty wet handling, very good grip in the snow, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Expensive.

2019 Auto Express Winter Tyre Test - 1st of 12 tyres

• Positive - The new benchmark for a winter tyre. Best in snow testing, excellent in the wet, sport handling in all conditions. Quietest tyre on test.
  • Negative - Only seventh in the dry, however the margins are very close.

2019 Auto Bild Winter 17 inch Tyre Test - 2nd of 21 tyres

• Positive - Excellent driving properties on wet and snowy surfaces, precise steering behavior with dynamic wet and snow handling, and short braking distances. Low wear.
  • Negative - None mentioned
  • Overall - Exemplary
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Plus
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Plus. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the UltraGrip Performance Plus.

Given 85% while driving a Renault Megane (225/40 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
The tyres perform well at the first sight. I just drove 2.000 miles on them. The overall handling performance is great, on both dry and wet conditions. I was surprised about the cornering speed in the wet which is really good (of course, you have to increase the pressures depending on the air temerature to get the most out of it). I have a lot of rain in my country, with standing water on my regular roads, and I can say that the risk of aquaplaning is very low with these tyres. Also, they are very comfortables with soft sidewalls.
On the other hand, they are quite noisy compared to my summer tyres (Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2) at 70-80 km/h. I thought I had a failed bearing. And the dry braking is not so good, but it is common on winter tyres, as well as the road feedback which is average.
I am looking forward to test them on snow and update my review.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2019
Do winter tyres really work on supercars? Watch this video to find out!
Given 100% while driving a Peugeot 308 BlueHDI EAT6 (235/45 R18 N) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Perfect grip with no rolling noise.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2019

See all 2 customer reviews of the Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Plus (newest first) >>