Hankook Winter i cept RS2

The Hankook Winter i cept RS2 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 158,800 miles driven.

2019 Auto Express Winter Tyre Test - 9th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Good in snow handling.
  • Negative - Poor in the dry and particularly the wet. Last in both aquaplaning tests and wet braking. High noise.

2019 Auto Bild Winter 17 inch Tyre Test - 9th of 21 tyres

• Positive - The winter king with the best performance on snow, good dry handling, well priced
  • Negative - Average wet performance
  • Overall - Good

2019 Winter Tyre Test Market Overview - 12th of 47 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

2017-10-10 - I would like to know when this mid-life update was implemented ... Which date code to look on tyres sidewalls ? Actually I m on a set of RS2 dating week 39of 2015 . I ll get another set for sure if i get an answer for this

Unfortunately we don't have any specific date information for a mid-life update for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2.

Top Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Review

Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 GT (205/55 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 39,000 easy going miles
Excellent grip of the tires. I expected more comfortable, and safe. I would recommend, quality tires
233 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Winter i cept RS2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Hankook Winter i cept RS2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Hankook Winter i cept RS2 >>

Given 71% while driving a SEAT Ibiza TSi (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 30,000 average miles
Good grip on dry and wet, but average grip on snow. Wears less than summer Bridgestone tyre. Excellent tyre for price.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 7, 2020
Given 28% while driving a SEAT Ibiza TSi (195/55 R15 H) on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
Totally terrible tyre. Bought because of encouraging tyre tests results but regret it every single mile. Maybe in larger sizes they perform better, but at 195/55 its a tyre to avoid, especially on wet surfaces. At least wear is fantastic, but Id rather see those tires finally wear out 🙈
0 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2020
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 89% while driving a Mazda 2 SP (195/45 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I bought 2 of these last winter because I got stuck in snow the year previous. As luck would have it, I didn't experience any snow last winter. There was a lot of rain instead at, or below, 7 C. At this temperature winter tyres are supposed to grip better. My experience at this temperature, in the wet, is that these tyres are superb. They just make you much more relaxed and confident in these conditions. The guy that fitted them for me said (several times) that he really liked the tread pattern. So my driving is Monday to Friday urban - motorway - urban. Weekends, it's A roads and urban. I've just bought another 2 for this winter (2019/20). In the dry, I honestly didn't notice any difference from the all weather tyres I've used in the past. But I don't have a fast car and I don't go to the limits either.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 7, 2019
Given 76% while driving a BMW 120d M sport (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Very good winter tyre for combined conditions, with generally wet roads.

For the price, it won't disappoint. Unless you want a sporty edge, with progressive manners near the limit, in which case I suggest trying another brand. (Goodyear Gen1, for example.)

0 - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2019