Kumho Crugen HP91

Kumho Crugen HP91 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 95% while driving a BMW X3 2.0d Sport (235/50 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Love these tyres, they’re a bit of a softer compound however they grip much better than hard compound Eco tires.

These grip extremely well in the wet and dry, safety comes first for me and I’ve always been impressed with Kumho bang for buck.

In my opinion, the increase in price to go for Pirelli or Michelin is not worth it, I’ve had them and they’re only about 15% better for 2x the cost. Sometimes not even better at all.

Turn in with wet weather is very good, I was actually surprised when my wife attached a round about pretty fast, I was expecting understeer on the front end but they’re perfect. Very hard to make them spin in wet or dry weather, even with my Diesel which will spin Eco tides with ease.

Definitely buying again.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2019
Given 83% while driving a BMW X3 (235/45 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
I have bougth those tyres to replace my front tyres for my BMW X3 (3.0sd, twin turbo 286 HP, 6 speed automatic, 4wd) in June 2018.
GRIP: DRY: Average, Not good as KU39s, but they are safe enough.
WET: Average. Not good as KU39s, but safe enough.
BRAKING: DRY: Good,
WET: Good.
WEAR: Very good. Expected life is around 35000 miles. I have driven around 6000 kms in Ukrainian roads. They have extreme potholes and bumps, and my car has faced them frequently. My left front suspension has been broken but my tyres and rims did not! I have used them with 36 to 40 psi pressures for my front tyres (BMW recommends 36 psi for fully loaded car) taking into account 3 psi pressure loss per month and my monthly tire pressure check schedule. (Overpressure: Max Fuel economy, Acceptable grip, Recommended pressure: Normal Fuel economy, Max Grip, Low pressure: Low Fuel economy, unacceptable grip and wear)
FUEL ECONOMY: They are economic whenever you use them high pressures like I have told above.
BUY AGAIN: May be but, I priorly prefer Kumho KU39 or Hankook S1Evo if I can find the related measure. Because, their feedback and comfort better marginally.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Ford Kuga (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Having used Kumho Ecsta model which this tyre replaced I don't expect these to last long, however it's generally a toss up between grip and longevity with tyres and grip is far more important to me. These perform brilliantly with excellent grip in both wet and dry conditions, feedback is excellent as is handling with only a little roll when cornering hard. Compared to the Michelin Primacy tyres these replaced they are extremely comfortable, giving a much smoother drive with less noise. I did less than 100 miles on the Michelin tyres so can't really compare the other qualities.

I have marked these down for wear based on previous experience but will update my rating in time if required.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Hyundai ix35 (225/55 R18 V) on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
I've been buying Kumho tyres for my cars for well over 10 years now. My most recent purchase of Crugen HP91s has made me reconsider buying them in the future. In terms of grip, handling, comfort and feedback there was nothing out of the ordinary. However these appeared to wear a lot quicker than any other Kumhos I've had before. They lasted just 15 months (12,000 miles) before my car failed the MOT on them. I've owned the same car for 3 years, and prior to the Crugen HP91s it had the tyres that were fitted by the previous owner, which lasted well over 2 years and 20,000 miles with me.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Subaru XV 2.0 D (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
tyres were supplied new with the car and from the first drive the tyres were great for handling dry and wet weather used for one bad winter and the tyres worked well in the snow and ice. a little bit of tyre roll on fast cornering. over all a pretty good tyre just disappointed at how quick the tyre wore out .
3 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2018
Ford (235/50 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Replaced original continentals on my Ford Kuga. Far better in every respect. Just drove 200 miles in snow and behaved impeccably. Will definitely be buying again.
18 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Land Rover Evoque (225/55 R19) on mostly town for 0 average miles
I have never used KUMHO tyres before. Korean tire manufacturers are relatively lesser known than its European and American counterparts. Nonetheless, I decided to try as the price is very attractive. The tyre performed way beyond my expectation. The wear quality was excellent, road noise was significantly reduced compared to the Conti tyres that came with the Range Rover Evoque. I have far greater confidence on wet conditions. Simply a excellent value proposition for a tyre at this price. I highly recommend it.
15 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2017
Given 97% while driving a Mitsubishi Shogun 3.2Ltr Diesel LWB (285/55 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Perfect tyre for the Shogun. Quiet, responsive, grippy and good on mpg. Replaced some no name branded tyres and the difference was immense. T/C light didn't come on at any point in wet or dry. The noise was deafening but after I fitted these, the burble from the engine was all that could be heard. Wear rate higher than I thought but worth the soft compound for the noise reduction. Handled all road surfaces, wet grass, mud and slush brilliantly, better than I thought as they really do look more like passenger car tyres than full off roaders. Would definitely buy again, impressed with Kumho.
9 - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Ford Kuga (235/50 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
Fitted these tyres to our Ford Kuga 09. I can't fault them at all. We have done over 10k miles on them and they don't appear to be wearing at all. The car has never slid or spun on them. We have been off the road with them although not serious off roading obviously. I did think they were noisy initially but it turned out to be a wheel bearing so no complaints from noise. I wanted to fit michelins as I have them on my works van but the cost difference was too great, I am glad I didn't now. Don't be put off by the name, a really good mid price tyre.
67 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2017