Kumho Ecsta HS51

The Kumho Ecsta HS51 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 23 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 346,505 miles driven.

2020 ADAC SUV Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Very good in the wet
  • Negative - Relatively weak in the dry, high wear
  • Overall - Recommended

2019 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning resistance.
  • Negative - Long braking distances in the dry and wet, high rolling resistance, low comfort.

2018 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 8th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the wet
  • Negative - Slightly weak in the dry when compared to the best on test
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Ecsta HS51

Questions and Answers for the Kumho Ecsta HS51

2016-07-24 - Looking to have 4 new tyres 215-55-16 to my Mercedes E280. Which would you recommend, HS31, HS51, or any other. Awaiting reply before purchasing.

Tyre choice depends a lot on driving style and what you priorities from a tyre's performance. The last test the Kumho HS51 was included in didn't go so well, so we'd suggest reading this test and selecting a tyre which scored a little better.

Top Kumho Ecsta HS51 Review

Given 97% while driving a Kia Motors Cerato 2 litre auto (Tiptronic) (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Excellent tyre for summer and even winter on wet road. Very quite and comfort & excellent grip on wet and dry conditions.
One of the best tyre which I bought and i'll buy again.
284 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2016

Latest Kumho Ecsta HS51 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Ecsta HS51 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Kumho Ecsta HS51? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Kumho Ecsta HS51 >>

Given 83% while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 9,300 spirited miles
Tyres grip really well in the dry, but in the they feel a bit loose. I had them fitted in a audi a4 and have them for 15k km and they have 4.5 mm letf in them. Overall they are a pretty good tyre would totally buy again.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2020
Given 56% while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 7,500 average miles
These tyres on the front of a fiesta have only lasted just over 12 months. They have even wear across the tread. Tracking was done when tyres were fitted. Very disappointed at the mileage done only about 7500 miles. Will pay more for a better tyre next time
5 - tyre reviewed on January 3, 2020
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 100% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 32,000 average miles
I have these tyres for 3 years
Done 32,000 Miles on them
Very good in all conditions like having a perineum brand fitted .
I recommend them to all because its quality & price
14 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2019
Given 60% while driving a MINI Clubman (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Just had these tires fitted on my 2005 Mini Cooper S Chilli, so far I’ve done about 100km, I’ll update the review once the tyres have been worn in. So far they seem OK, although I probably wouldn’t get them again on this car. Dry grip seems more than fine, a hell of a lot better than the old Pirelli Cinturato P7 runflats that were on the vehicle (although these tires were on their last legs when I bought the car), and seem to handle 170fwhp and 220nm of torque easily. So far I have not experienced any understeer when accelerating hard around a corner, which is fairly impressive in front wheel drive sports car. From what I have heard, wet grip is also more than adequate. Tires are 380 treadwear so should last for a decent amount of time. My problem with the tires are road feedback, are lack thereof. The steering feel has become noticeably lighter and less direct since installing these tires, I don’t seem to be getting any acceptable level of steering feedback which is somewhat disconcerting in a high performance vehicle. The car feels less connected to the road, although does have noticeably more grip than before, without having experienced the car on fresh tires previously, I can’t say if this is normal or not. The tires are not yet broken in, so I’ll have to see if my experience changes over time. So far I’m not super impressed. One merit of these tires is that road noise is absolutely non existent.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 6, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Toyota Avensis (205/60 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 27,000 average miles
Im very impressed!!!better than pirelli p7 and michelin i fitted before with better price.never failed in wet or dry on and after 42000 km i felt that something goes wrong so i fitted new.im sure that would be good for more km
20 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2019