Landsail LS388 AS

The Landsail LS388 AS is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 35 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 229,140 miles driven.

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 33rd of 47 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Landsail LS388 AS
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Landsail LS388 AS. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Landsail LS388 AS Review

Given 94% while driving a Peugeot 405 (175/70 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Got a pair of these on the front of my old workhorse Pug around June last year. The car's used mainly for business, carrying stock and tools, and regularly has it's load carrying abilities pushed to the limit.

Since then it's covered 11k miles of local (country roads), some town work, and 3 or 4 long distance motorway trips, including a couple fully loaded with camping gear and with a trailer attached.

Frankly, the tyres were chosen because they were cheap. I didn't expect much from them but needed a couple as the old ones were getting low. I've always taken the view that ditch-finders don't find ditches unless you go looking for them, but these certainly aren't ditch-finders despite only costing about £40 each fully fitted and balanced!

Within a few miles of having them fitted I noticed that they were appreciably quieter than the old Goodyears and seemed at least as responsive. I tend not to intentionally push the grip limits on public roads but did put these "through their paces" just to get an idea of how they'd react.

Grip is plentiful for cornering and braking - they happily gave just over 90% straight-line-dry brake efficiency (measured by Tapley) before complaining and cope well with damp roads and standing water (common around these parts!). Pushed to the limit they give a nice gentle warning back through the wheel, followed by a bit of a squeal, and will regain grip easily unless you just keep pushing.

Admittedly, some of their ability with standing water will be down to the very narrow width by today's standards but that's the size I needed!

Haven't had much of a chance to try out their cold / snow / ice performance but, on the 2 or 3 icy days we've had since, I've had no problem with traction or control even on re-frozen snow "the morning after" an unexpected couple of inches.

Comfort is good, undoubtedly helped by the high (again, by today's standards) profile and noise, as mentioned earlier, has remained pleasantly low - a definite benefit when your car's not as soundproof as most are today!

The one slight downside is that they have a slightly soft compound so wear rates aren't great. That soft compound probably explains a lot of their positive characteristics but, in 11k miles, they've used up about 4mm of tread so will probably end up lasting around 18k miles total. That said, that's on the front, driven, wheels of a fairly heavy diesel that's been used to carry considerable loads around twisty local roads and on motorway at multi-lepton speeds.

As to the "would I buy again" questions - I've just replaced the rears with a pair of the same.
71 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2015

Latest Landsail LS388 AS Reviews

Have you driven on the Landsail LS388 AS tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Landsail LS388 AS? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Landsail LS388 AS >>

Vauxhall (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 18 average miles
Put these on the front of an Astra at 48k miles, now getting near at 66k so about 20k on the front must be fairly ok. Quiet when new and I havnt noticed they get noisy when older (which some tyres definitely do). I don't push the car or tyres hard so have found them very good given my driving style. A really quite good average tyre with no nasty surprises IME.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2020
Given 84% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 cdi (195/65 R15 H) on mostly town for 10 average miles
Very impressed with these tyre had 2 fitted and can't fault them would recommend to anyone great tyre great price just hope the prices don't rise to much as I would buy again. Never really been one for budget tyre cause of bad experiences with them. But can not fault the landsail good grip. Quiet on the road and good price running them on the back of a merc c220 saloon
0 - tyre reviewed on October 9, 2020
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 32% while driving a Kia Motors Sportage (235/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 19,000 average miles
A set of Landsail LS388 tyres cane already fitted to my car. They had about 3mm tread left and were evenly worn and when I changed them that had covered 19,000 miles. These tyres are noisy! I hadnít realised just how loud they were until I swapped to equally noise rated Continentals (71db) and suddenly felt as if I had lost my hearing the difference is so noticeable. Wet grip is poor at lower temperatures, and snow grip is non existent. One of the Landsails when taken off had a split running between the long wide grooves and could have blown out at any minute. I would buy buy these tyres.
6 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Audi A3 (225/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 45,000 average miles
Had them on the car 3 years and did 45,000 miles on them. Unbelievable wear, all even and never a puncture until recently. The only reason i replaced them is because the puncture was on the edge and not worth a repair. I have indeed used them again.
8 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2020